Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

HIMYM Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by fleafly, Sep 22, 2011.

1. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I disagree completely. The Slutty Pumpkin was the ultimate sign of the super-romantic Ted who wanted to meet the woman he would marry. For ten years, he would go to that party hoping to meet the slutty pumpkin in the hopes that she was the wife. Had he never met her, there would've always been a lingering doubt about "the one that got away." For Ted to meet the mother and have a truly happy ending where he KNEW he was with the right woman, he had to meet the slutty pumpkin and know she wasn't the one. Plus, it addressed the idea of building up someone in your mind to be so perfect and so amazing, and how hard it is to get rid of those preconceptions of how a person is. We almost all know someone who has done that (built someone up as being utterly perfect, to the point where they were ignoring the blatant flaws in the relationship), and it was something most people go through, so Ted had to go through that, too.

I also love that Barney is still wearing the ducky tie.

2. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This show is basically on hold now. Doesn't it still have 2 more seasons? Jesus.

Why did they just suddenly cheat with each other? Why is that the best the writers could come up with for "drama?" Let's not go with the cliche "OH MY GOD THEY STILL LOVE EACH OTHER" when it was essentially off the table, they tried it already and it didn't end up exploding and awful, more of a "we don't work together" sort of thing. Could have had Barney just marry Nora and the show still would have been the same, they're really reaching for shit now. Who knows, maybe that'll happen anyway.

3. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

it has the rest of this season, and one last season. I don't think it's on hold, I think there will be serious trying animosity between the entire cast, which will likely be a driving force for the next while.

Also that wasn't off the table at all - Robin spent the entire early part of the season dealing with it. I'm not surprised by the development at all
    I am surprised Barney was the one to man up and come clean - character development and all that.

Also the high sequence was awesome.

4. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They hinted earlier this season at some big blowup between Barney, Robin, and Ted, and I think they're laying the groundwork for that. Ted being the one to find Barney being upset and collecting the rose petals and candles means that Ted knows about Barney's feelings for Robin.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a love triangle develop between Barney, Robin, and Ted this season, only to blow up, and then they have to get back together somehow (probably brought back together by Lilly having the baby, and wanting to be there for her and Marshall).

I also don't think Nora is off the table. I think she'll show back up somehow.

5. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That high scene was the first time I really laughed at this show in a while. Also, I think Nora will come back for at least one episode, but won't end up being the future wife.

6. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm actually a little surprised that they did a weed episode that didn't involve NPH or Kal Penn's characters at all.

7. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think that was sort of the metajoke that they'd finally go all Harold and Kumar without involving either of them.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So is Marshall the only one of the group who hasn't egregiously betrayed the trust of someone close to him?

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Marshall does seem to be the moral center of the group...

10. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

OH SNAP!!!
    It's obviously Barney's, otherwise Kumar would have been somewhere in the episode.

11. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I did not see that coming, but when she said it, I did an immediate raised fist shout of "Nice!!"

12. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I really don't want to see Robin and Barney get together just because of this kid. On a side note, what's the deal with Barney wanting to be friends again? I'd be soooo pissed off and hurt.

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last week, when she pulled that move, I told my roommate that if that was me, I would be very tempted never to speak to her again. I can understand eventually making amends, but this was way too quick. But then again, I don't want to see those two together...

14. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Robin's pregnancy really came out of left field, but it kind of fits both her and Barney's character arcs. From my experience, it seems like the leading cause of guys like Barney really settling down or committing is accidentally knocking someone up. I just don't see this show with babies. I don't know if I'd still watch it.

15. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pregnancy does not always equal baby. This show has not shied away from bad news in the past.

16. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alternatively, do we know it's Barney's? Could be Kevin's. If it is Barney's, that doesn't really mean they'll be together...

17. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Can we cut it with the spoiler tags already? I mean, if you're reading this thread, I'd say it's a safe assumption that either you've seen the episodes or don't care if you know what's happening in advance. For God's sake, they're promo-ing the pregnancy at this point--no need to keep it all hush-hush.

That said, I doubt Robin is actually going to have a full term pregnancy--I'm putting my money on false alarm. From all the previous shows, Aunt Robin is always hanging out with Ted's kids and traveling the world. If she had her own kids, I think they would've said something by now.

Looks like we're done with the crappy filler episodes and starting to move into the nitty gritty. Whoohoo!

At this point, though, I'm more excited for Robin's new haircut to grow out than I am to find out who the mother is.

18. DaVoN

DaVoN
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Well.... That ended quickly. and very anti-climatic too. I was hoping they'd stretch the pregnancy thing out a bit. Now we can "enjoy" many episodes of Robin wanting a kid/not wanting a kid even though we know the endgame is she never has one. Not saying I didn't enjoy the episode because I did. It had a few good laughs and I really felt for her when she found out she couldn't ever have them but to have it one shot done like that seems counterproductive to me. I think it's pretty obvious she doesn't get with Barney now but I guess that could still be possible.

19. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am over the show as of this episode.

Fuck it. You can't keep dicking around with your audience.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dicking around with the audience is the strength of this show. It's why I watch it. They've been doing it since the first episode:

"And that's how I met your Aunt Robin."