Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

HIMYM Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by fleafly, Sep 22, 2011.

1. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

For some reason I have in my head that they were going to do 8 seasons. If that's the case then this year will be all about Barney and his wedding, which will be the last episode of the season. Then next year will be the meeting of said mother and the initial courtship.

As for the first episode, I did not like how it bounced to and from Barneys wedding. It was a funny episode but that shit is just got old and I hope it doesn’t happen much in future episodes.

2. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I believe that it has been renewed through 2013, so that gives a couple of more seasons to drag everything out. I was kind of meh on the first two episodes. It just seems like the show has lost some of it's charm. And I fear what is going to happen when they toss a baby into the mix.

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The kids look about 14-15, and that's in the year 2030. So, let's say the girl was born in 2015, conceived in 2014. With Ted's personality, I don't think he's gonna be having a shotgun wedding. Meaning he has to meet the Mother by 2013 at the latest, and since we'd all like to see at least some of that courtship, let's hope it's in 2012, or next season.

I was kinda stoked to have that surprise appearance at the end of the second ep. I always liked her. But seeing as how he told the kids that he never would have met their mother if it hadn't been for barney's wedding, it can't be her. Plus, I don't think she was roommates with Rachel Bilson during that time period.

4. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I hate Robin's hair this season. Plus, a baby is going to make this show totally suck.

5. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

its 8 seasons so we've only got two left - the creators have said that a few times now.

I was happier than I thought I'd be at the end of Episode 2, but it wont be the mother so...

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Remember "The Slutty Pumpkin"? She's been cast. God, I hope she doesn't end up being the mother.

7. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great, we have to deal with chubby cupcake girl again.

8. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

At least Ted gets to prove to her that he hasn't changed in years and is still a colossal bitch.

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And again, I don't understand all the hatred for Ted. Yes, I get that he's a huge douche, but he's also (at least written to be) relatable.

He is, for better or worse, the main character of the show, the one that's gonna meet the Mother. I'd hang out with the guy. I'd give him shit every other minute, but I'd hang out with him. And that's what his friends are for, giving him shit all the time.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See he isn't relatable in a good way. He reminds me of a combination of two of my friends. One is the awkward goofy way of hitting on girls that makes you cringe. Even if it works, you don't enjoy being around it. And then the other friend is that sappy cad who makes every relationship he is in seem so meaningful and dramatic and he's a serial dater. He always complains about happy couples and never seems to enjoy little things like being single or dating casually.

Lets be honest, for being only a decent looking guy who is dorky and a major nerd, Ted has landed a slew of very attractive women on that show, he should probably stop bitching and take a second to realize he's lucky.

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This show is officially fucking with me.

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought Marshall had two slaps left.

He's used one on the day he originally won the bet, one on Slapsgiving, and one to end the awful one-man show.

13. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Slapsgiving 2: Revenge of the Slap (actual episode title)

14. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yes, there is indeed only one slap left. I can't wait.

15. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It doesn't help that he's the fifth best regular character on his own freaking show (sixth if you count Saget). I thought it was funny when HIMYM and Rules of Engagement were back to back because both had the main character quickly overwhelmed by the supporting cast. The two shows dealt with it in pretty different ways, though.

16. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I'm expecting the 5th slap to be in the series finale or something, where the characters are all old and maybe Lilly is on her death bed, and barney makes some crass joke, Lilly whispers her dying request to Marshal, he grins like a horny idiot and says 'Now?' she nods and says 'now' and he bitchslaps Barney across the room and Lilly dies happy.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm expecting either season or series finale. Having Marshall slap Barney at his own wedding would be awesome.

18. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My wife and I have had that conversation. We came up with:

1. Marshall (we both like Jason Segel)
    2. Barney
    3. Robin
    4. Lily (serves no real purpose other than being Marshall's wife)
    5. Ted

Robin and Lily have been known to switch spots from episode to episode, but that's how we see the characters.

19. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have no beef with Ted, largely because he reminds me of me when I was more of a douchey moron - I think he'll break out of it bit by bit, while still retaining some of his idiosyncrasies because we still need a flawed protagonist.

I think Lily gets a free ride a bit too often - her funny moments don't necessarily overshadow her raging-bitch moments.

20. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Waste of an episode in my opinion. I couldn't care less who the slutty pumpkin is, we knew it wasn't the mother, and I hate Katie Holmes as an actress.

Now the whole Barney being Canadian thing was a pretty funny twist, though. I also like how he's still wearing the duck tie.

Getting very bored, writers, something needs to get better.