Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

He's on fire!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samr, Feb 25, 2010.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

What a bunch of nerds. I was too busy sitting at the cool kids table to play any. *cough*MortalCombat*cough*

2. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Obviously, since anyone who ever played it knows that it's Mortal Kombat.

3. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nice try there, poseur.

Do you also enjoy Donkey Cong? Superb Mario?

^ Damnit. Beat me to it.

4. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You were Liu Kang, weren't you?

Fucking button masher.

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Big deal. I didn't spell it right. A game I haven't seen in years. Obviously I didn't verify it with Google. Sue me. Proves my point though, NERDS!

6. Stimpson J Cat

Stimpson J Cat
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Despite having an xbox with live, I still play this game more than any other. Laying a beat down on a 12 year old on the other side of the country is fun, but it doesn't compare to kicking the shit out of your buddies in the same room. And it makes for great drinking games. Winner of each game gets to assign a shot to any of the other players, and last place loses his spot to someone else in the room.

Another great N64 drinking game is MarioKart DUI. You have to finish a can of beer during each race, and you can't be driving while you're drinking. Of course, the best strategy is to drink the whole beer at the start, so whoever has the best chugging skills has an advantage.

7. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I used to spend hours playing this game with my sisters and cousins.

We also had a Star Wars game that my dad and I stayed up half the night beating once. Good times. I miss that Playstation.

Attached Files:

8. Brengsek

Brengsek
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Where David Hasselhoff is remembered for music, no
    4 pages and no one has mentioned Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of Lounge Lizards?

Man, I used to "hack" my way into the game as a kid. It was protected by questions only adults could answer. A bit of guessing, a bit of luck here and there and I'd get to play every now and again. Boozing it up and banging hookers by typing commands? Yes please.

[​IMG]

9. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Alt-Focus: Ewing-Starks was the best combo in the game. Ewing became my favorite player at 6 years old because he had two full bars, no one else in the game did. The Knicks became my favorite NBA team because of this reason. I also loved to sub Oakley in for beating the fuck out of people as well.

10. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Golden Eye was one of the best games I have ever played, but this is a step above:

[​IMG]

Made by the people who made Golden Eye (as if you guys didnt know). This is better soley because you can play single player against up to 7 computers. Nothing beats cranking up 7 meatsims and going after them with the Reaper.

And Star Craft is the best strategy game ever made, but Protoss is the only race that mattered. (Thats right, fuck Zerg)

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to go home and blow the dust off my still working Genesis and bust out NBA Jam.

Personally, I'm old old school. Anyone remember Aztec on the Apple II? I played that shit for hours.

12. Facepalm

Facepalm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

[​IMG]

As far as "old school" goes, without a doubt this was my favorite game. I would love to see the whole thing remade with more modern graphics.

Parts of the game were picked up in "Twilight Princess," the most recent Zelda game - but I wish they would redo ALL of "A Link to the Past."

Now if we're going with my favorite game of all-time, that would be "Ocarina of Time." In my opinion "OoT" is the best video game ever made, hands down.

My second favorite old-school video game:

[​IMG]

13. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, some more computer games for y'all:

Did anyone else play Sim City 2000? I was addicted to that thing until Sim City 3000 came out, which sucked, and then the game designers kept trying to make more and more elaborate which in turn just made it more complicated.

Also, I loved the original The Sims. But then, similar to the Sim City thing, they kept coming out with all these different expansion packs and it just wasn't cool anymore.

And Roller Coaster Tycoon is still the greatest computer game ever invented (after Age of Empires).

14. Lowest

Lowest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Now this will really, really date me.

Wasteland.
    [​IMG]

I used to play that game on 5 inch floppies. It had some bug in it that allowed you to use a Red Ryder bb gun to kill everybody. I loved that frickin' game.

15. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Speaking of computer games, did anybody else play Lemmings?

Attached Files:

16. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes! I fucking loved that game. Sorta kinda similar to that:

[​IMG]
    The Lost Vikings. Awesome game.

In addition to some of the ones already mentioned:

Super Metroid:
    [​IMG]

Syndicate was fucking awesome, but I doubt anyone else actually played it:
    [​IMG]

But by far the best game ever was called 'Out of this World'. It was on a couple different systems, but it was absolutely amazing and really fucking hard.
    [​IMG]

I'm sure I'll remember a couple more in a couple hours.

PS: For anyone that loved the old school Final Fantasy games, Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II are now in the iPhone app store.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This coming from a girl old enough to have a crush on Leif Garret. Why don't you just admit you were the first person on your block to have pong?

18. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING beats Goldeneye. No video game made since has even come close. But I'd also like to add Mario Kart as a close runner up

(It's worth noting that Mario Kart actually has been re-released for the Wii. I'll never play it though. With all the high end graphics and other bullshit I just know it won't be the same)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

See what I mean?

19. Marburg

Marburg
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Wow 5 pages and no mention of

[​IMG]

I used to dedicate countless hours and quarters playing this at the local arcade.

I also can't believe noone has mentioned Tekken.
    [​IMG]

I actually got so good in that game that I never even had to throw a punch. I would just reverse all my opponents attacks or do throws all game long. I had a friend stop talking to me for a week because I embarrassed him so badly at this in middle school.

Finally this gem

[​IMG]

My entire dorm hall played this game until 2AM on LAN servers.... God we were pitiful. If I would have invested 1/10th the effort into studying and getting laid as I did into this game, I would have had a perfect 4.0 and had mounds of vagina laid at my feet. Sigh.... but at least I wasn't like the guy 2 halls over who actually failed out because he could only maintain a 0.45 GPA.

20. PenetrationStation

PenetrationStation
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yeah guys, great selection of edgy and gratuitously violent games you've selected. Now let's get real. The best series of games from way back were the Treasure! games. Treasure Cove, Treasure Mountain, Treasure Mathstorm, and Treasure Galaxy. Had em all, beat em all, still reaping the benefits in my everyday life.

Attached Files: