Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

He's on fire!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samr, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

The NBA Jam/NBA Hangtime franchise has unveiled a new version, to be released on the Wii and using current players. This puts a smile on my face.

link to their website

They are also allowing people to vote on their website, on which three players will be featured for each team.

Focus: Which old-school game was your favorite? Which game would you like to see re-made? (I'm going with Nintendo Duck Hunt, that'd be awesome)

Alt. Focus: NBA Jam. Which player combination was your favorite? Pimp your choices for the online voting as some current players are already doing.

2. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Focus:

Earthbound.
    [​IMG]

I still have my cartridge, and I ordered the GBA prequel and Sequel from Japan. I'm also contemplating a Mr. Saturn Tattoo. ZOOM!!

I'm still kind of pissed that Nintendo won't port it onto the Virtual Console, thus casing me to hack my Wii and do it myself.

3. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's not on fire. It's only 2-0.

One of the developers of NBA Jam came and talked to my Game Design class at Michigan. He said he would always let whoever he was playing lead by a little bit at the end because if you shot from your end at the buzzer it would go in 100% of the time. Not sure which NBA Jam on which console, but that's what he said.

I always played the Genesis version with LJ and Zo for the hornets or Zeke and Laimbeer for the Pistons. I preferred Hangtime though, because my player, Spanky, could drain a three from anywhere.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Needs NO fucking introduction. The CITIZEN KANE of arcade games:
    [​IMG]

Anybody here remember the live-action shooter Mad Dog McCree?
    [​IMG]

Last but not least, Sunset Riders was a riot of a game:
    [​IMG]

5. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

For ballsack:
    Custer's Revenge

6. Bloochies

Bloochies
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

There was a time in my childhood where any and all disputes between friends and siblings were solved by Tecmo Super Bowl. The Raiders always served me well mostly because Bo Jackson was un-fucking-stoppable. Some of my fondness memories involved hearing my brother throw a shit fit as I zig zagged 95 yards to put the game out of reach. I need to hook up the NES again...

7. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The greatest game of all time:

[​IMG]

8. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Typing this from my phone so I can't post a picture, but Oregon Trail was (and still is) glorious. Not the updated crap on CDs, I'm talking the ones where you needed about six different floppies to fit in all that awesome.

Yeah, everyone mainly used it as a hunting game, and I know very few who actually made it to the end (when you had to raft down that river), but I spent way too much time on that think. (You NEVER "caulk the wagon and float," always ends in disaster... Although then again, so does fording the river usually.)

Again, I'd like to see that come out on the Wii; seems the most natural medium for it. Not sure who owns the rights though.

9. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My old boss had an original NBA Jam arcade game in his apartment.

I spent a lot of time at his apartment.

Glen Rice and Rony Seikely, baby. Rice rains them threes all day.

10. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll go in chronological order for my mass playing... (of course there are tons of sports games mixed in here)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My friends and I were obsessed with the multiplayer for a solid 3 months. I don't think I saw sunlight that summer...

[​IMG]

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Easily the most bankable video game ever made. It never got tired, it never got boring and it produced a LOT of profanity, especially if you were "watching other guy's screens". Rockets in the Stack or Golden Gun in the facility were our personal favourites. A great way to pre-drink before going out.

13. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was addicted to Hang Time on the N64, nad had that game down to a science. I had literally every sweet spot for a 3 down pat, including shooting a baseline leaner from the outsides. I'd have Vlade Divac raining threes all day. My team though was the Knicks (this is N64), with the combo of Larry Johnson and Patrick Ewing, I was unstoppable. Using LJ I could light it up on the offensive side of the ball, while still holding my own on D. Ewing was just a beast, and if the cpu was gonna be controlling someone, I wanted it to be a big man who would have a harder time getting pushed around.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was real young my game was Number Munchers with that little green frog looking guy. I was a beast at the prime numbers challenge since I memorized them. Too bad it didn't carry over to the math classes I struggled with my entire school life. As far as a favorite, the original Super Mario World for SNES is still probably the best Mario game ever made.

[​IMG]

15. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God I loved so many old games.
    Here's me rambling:
    - Dragon Warrior series: I felt like DW2 was the pinnacle there.
    - Ice Hockey and Blades of Steel
    - Mega Man 2
    - Punch Out
    - Dr. Mario

In terms of old, old school I loved Legend of Zelda.
    Nevertheless, I will always stand by that the two best games ever were Zelda: A Link to the Past and Super Mario Brothers 3.

For those feeling nostalgic, you can play many of these games online at http://www.thesmartass.info (warning, sometimes they might have a nsfw picture up). Just click on "Games" and then whatever platform. They have NES, Atari, DOS, Sega and Gameboy. I go there to play Dr. Mario sometimes if I'm bored in class.

16. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Proximity mines in the bunker is the fastest way to be hated by everyone in the room. That, or grenade launchers in the temple. GOD, I wanna play now. Fuck.

17. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

This. This is the only game.

18. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're not as old as I am, but I still think they're good games that could use an update:

Baldur's Gate
    [​IMG]
    Fallout. Sure, there's Fallout 3, but as good a game as that is, it just doesn't quite have the same feel. I want the same level of Easter Egg quality and oddity from the first two games.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now you guys have a CS mod that you beat off to as well..

#19 Kratos, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  20. theonewhotopes

theonewhotopes
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

One of the best fighting games ever made. I have seen so many egos crushed and friendships ruined by this game.

[​IMG]