Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Heroes Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by mekka, Oct 20, 2009.

1. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I haven't had much to say about this season, but I'm watching episodes 5 and 6 tonight.

Why do I feel like the entire board before would have shut down at a "certain" scene in episode 5 that I just watched?

Edit: Well I just finished e05, and it was actually one of the better episodes of the season. The only part I can forsee that is going to annoy me is the Hiro/Peter story. The rest seems to be a little bit more fresh, and I'm legitimately interested in how this carnival storyline is going to play out.

2. fuzzzy

fuzzzy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I must say I was sad that last nights episode didn't have any more girl love going on in it. They better not leave us hanging with that situation.

I am kind of confused as to why the writers opted to have Sylar's personality in Parkman's head, while simultaneously fixing Sylar's memory. There is obvious need to bring Sylar and Parkman together, but I feel like they may just leave that out and somehow have Sylar leave Matt's head.

"Can't we just use my blood?" "No it's a tumor, but we could if it wasn't a tumor" Well Nathan's throat being slashed wasn't a tumor, why not use it on him last season?

I am starting to dig the whole carny story angle. At first I wasn't a huge fan, but now I am wondering if they really are meant to be the bad guys.

This Hiro storyline is fucking stupid. Why not just let Peter heal him? What good can possibly come from saving an unimportant character from a single episode of the first season?

Other than those complaints, I am actually pleasantly surprised with how the season is going so far. Finish the Sylar/Nathan arc, more circus people, less deaf girl (seriously, that isn't doing any good except showing off pretty colored special effects), and more girl kissing. Do that, and I think they might slowly be able to undo all the harm that was done.

3. shogunchelios

shogunchelios
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I'm right with you. Seriously, do we really need all those musical montages?! I FUCKING GET IT. SHE SEES COLORS WHERE SOUNDS GO.

And yeah, Claire's been looking pretty awesome lately. More girl kissing.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This third-term abortion of a show still needs a thread, though I'm gonna want to kick myself in the face for participating.

Surprisingly, this season shows promise. No major plot holes yet, almost compelling storylines in Sylar, Claire, HRG, and Peter's case. Still a fucking joke when it comes to the powers of Hiro, Ando, and Parkman. Loving the new circus guy.

Girl on Girl involving Claire. Creepy-hot.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Especially because the point of that storyline in the first season was that he couldn't save her by traveling through time.

6. swood

swood
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I really don't know why I still watch this show.

It's like the writers have these interesting storylines in their heads, and then just butcher them. We all know they can do it, the amount of hype season one generated, but it's just gone downhill from there. And going back and butchering a season one storyline (Charlie) isn't the right path. I don't see how they can do a Charlie storyline without pissing all over what that originally was.

This synesthesia power is being rehashed everyweek, not much being added, hell not even that much character development, so why the screentime for something so boring?

I'd like to see the company restarted, but with HRG learning from mistakes and instead of studying heroes then locking them up or wiping their memories helping them. I'd like to see Claire actually do something, who doesn't love some girl-on-girl but an actual hero storyline would be good. Most of all I'd like to see Sylar become Sylar again and slaughter the whole freaking carnival.

7. Paged

Paged
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I always thought the Charlie storyline was a little weak, it never really struck that big of a chord for me. It seemed like instead of spending time and episodes getting Hiro very involved with Charlie and making the audience feel something for the character, they just had him use time travelling to make her feel something. I wasn't struck by her loss, although I've always been a big Sylar fan, and who doesn't want to see your favorite villian with ever lasting memory. (If that was even her power, it's been a while.)

I noticed that although Heroes got off to a strong start, this latest episode seemed to be getting a little funny again. The doctor who I thought the whole point of her character was a hero with a disability; how will she communicate with the others, constant strife etc, and now that concept has gone out the window because, oh, she can read lips, incredibly incredibly well. To the point where you could forget she was deaf if not for that awkward speech she uses.

The whole duality of Nathan and Sylar had promise, it showed conflict and ingenuity, but then they killed off Nathan forever, or so it seems right now, and left us with an impotent and pathetic Sylar. Although, I'm holding out for a final episode return and subsequent killing spree and acquisition of a multitude of new powers.

Hiro seemed to be unable to travel through time previously without ending up severely injured, but then one episode they had him repeatedly travel through time to prevent someone killing themselves, and since then despite apparent deadly tumors, he has been able to travel and stop time without incident. This takes away from the whole "limiting super powerful powers" concept they needed to revitalize in order to make the show interesting.

I'd have to disagree and say that so far Parkman's storyline has showed the most promise. He has potential to develop into a truly evil character, and I like seeing his transition from cop to bad guy, and I'm hoping they keep with that direction. I think that's all I have to say right now, although I felt like there was a lot more I noticed watching the episode.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1) Watching Sylar vs Parkman is like watching Tyson vs a retarded cripple. It's simply not fair. The fact that Parkman can't even realize how hopelessly outmatched he is (both in the show and as an actor) is just sad.

2) Samuel is the best character since season 1 Sylar.

3) The sorority storyline is atrociously bad.

9. swood

swood
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

He's growing on me. I'm confused over whether he's meant to be the big bad of this season though. While his morals aren't exactly the best he doesn't seem to be that threatening to the Heroes, he just wants them to join his carnival from what I can tell. Was the whole tearing down of the police building after they dragged that poor kid to death meant to make him seem bad or good? 'Cause I'm personally rooting for him now.

10. shogunchelios

shogunchelios
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Same here. He seemed like a bad dude that'd eventually be a 'join us or die' kind of killer, but after seeing him destroy the police station, more power to him!

And yeah, Sylar's just raping Parkman now.

11. Denver

Denver
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

When I watched Sylar's touch it seemed kind of ambiguous who he touched. That is, I think he might be inside Peter's head. When Peter made the move to touch Nathan (which should net him all of Sylar's powers) I thought we would see Sylar come out immediately afterwards, but that wasn't the case, so now I'm not so sure. Did I miss something and Sylar definitely went back into his own body? I think it's possible he's in Peter and just either hasn't taken control yet or is acting like Peter but I don't know. And I didn't see the preview for next week so if that revealed anything about this I missed it.

12. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The thanksgiving dinner scene in the Bennet house seemed awfully similar to the one in Dexter ..

13. JohnQ

JohnQ
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Just when this season was starting to get good and interesting to me, they throw last nights bullshit out. The only part of the whole thing I really liked was, without giving away spoilers, Peter's new power, and then how he uses it. Though I'd say the results were so predictable that I was just praying they'd do something else.

Originally, I even really liked Samuel and the carnival. Then, as the season went on, I was even more intrigued as they made it more questionable whether he was really the bad guy or not. Now I couldn't care any less. i want him to die just so I don't have to hear any more of his constant yapping about, "Family." Fuck that gets old.

14. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Haitian makes people unable to use their powers. HOW THE FUCK DID PETER TAKE HIS POWER. HE'D NEED TO USE HIS OWN TO TAKE THE HAITIAN'S POWER.

This was egregious bullshit right here.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They've established that the Haitian has control over his power and can block directionally or allow various powers, etc.

16. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It has been well established that once someone starts experiencing their power they eventually get control of it. Why would the Hatian guy be any different?

FOCUS: This friggin show always has me torn. I'm really enjoying the Peter storyline and love the idea of him kicking Sylar's ass man to man with no powers getting in the way, that was a great twist. Then you have FUCKING DUMBASS Clair basically joining a cult, when even her friend can see something is wrong. Didn't the puppet master guy die twice already? NOW he shows up at the carnival supposedly a changed man. WTF.

17. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nope. When the Haitian went to visit Peter to give him the address of the storage unit that held Nathan's body, he yelled at Nathan (Sylar) and said "don't come any closer" making it evident that he didn't want to undo the powers of clairsistance and shape shifting that were keeping him as Nathan.

18. DaVoN

DaVoN
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

[/quote]

I have to disagree with you there. Just because a character SAYS something doesn't necessarily mean it's the truth. I argued with my friend for about 30 minutes before I finally convinced him that the Haitian can definately turn on and off his ability. Problem is, he has had years and years of practice and he automatically turns his on, while others are always off and they have to turn it on, he has to turn it off.

I will take you all the way back to season 1 with (ALMOST) the exact scenario. Bennett and the Haitain were kidnapping Nathan Petrelli from the hotel and Nathan was able to shoot up and FLY AWAY being an arms reach away from him. He let him do that because he was secretly working for Angela Petrelli and knew she didn't want Nathan kidnapped. I like to think his "don't come any closer" comment was more along the lines of he KNOWS it's Sylar and he did not want him to hear or be apart of what he was telling Peter.

This is exactly why when Peter first gets attacked by Sylar in the elevator he didn't change right away to Sylar. Peter is new and inexperienced with the power so it is automatically turned off, he needs to turn it on. Tracy is beginning to become just like that also. She doesn't need to think about turning into water or ice for it to be on. She got attacked with the knives earlier in the season and her ability was on, not off, without her having to actually think about it.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shapeshifting isn't a constant power though. It's an event power. Once the shape is shifted, it stays that way until it is actively changed again. If the Haitian got near Sylar/Nathan, he wouldn't suddenly change form. I think as someone else said that it was more that he didn't want Nathan a part of his council with Peter.

20. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will take you all the way back to season 1 with (ALMOST) the exact scenario. Bennett and the Haitain were kidnapping Nathan Petrelli from the hotel and Nathan was able to shoot up and FLY AWAY being an arms reach away from him. He let him do that because he was secretly working for Angela Petrelli and knew she didn't want Nathan kidnapped. I like to think his "don't come any closer" comment was more along the lines of he KNOWS it's Sylar and he did not want him to hear or be apart of what he was telling Peter.
    [/quote]

That was confirmed by two of the writers as a continuity error. This goddamn show is RIFE with continuity errors, so that's no surprise.