Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Here's To You, Ol' Buddy! WDT 11/12/10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

One thing never changes: bouncers are still touchy, power-tripping cunts just like they always have been. Some ape through me out of the bar last night in the freezing cold for being "too drunk" (I wasn't. He's wrong. Fuck him with a hammer drill.) I reasoned to him my friends were still inside and my coat was still checked, and I'm freezing (all facts). He tells me to go fuck myself and "Be a man". I asked him if he's bitter because he got drummed out of mall cop academy again and told him I was catching a cab to go fuck his mother, and Fisty McFuckwad steps off the property to challenge me to a fight in the middle of the fucking street. What he didn't know is his manager saw it through the window, and hopefully he'll be selling Ipod skins in a failing mall on monday. Meatheads: Can't live with 'em, can't duct tape 'em to a rocket and shoot them into the fucking sun.

Ah, bouncers. What stands between you and a good time.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, they do qualify that with saying city/area with < 500k people, so you may still be the champ in your weight class.

But it's all the bullshit wannabe gangs trying to do the grow-up thing. Home invasions are all the rage, and the number of targeted hits is insane.

Oh, and the people out here are just fucking retarded.... that helps.

3. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a week he'll be grabbing dudes' balls for TSA.

4. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Watching Sarah Palin's Alaska. This shit is hilarious, this woman is a functional retard. Drinking Tito's Vodka for the first time. Why haven't I tried this earlier, so smooth.

5. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shitty work day + Bills win = Many beers and Black Ops.

Hopefully getting intoxicated enough to post here again.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I noticed something last time I was in the States: you guys don't put vinegar on your french fries? I thought everybody did it. I asked for malt vinegar for my fries and they treated me like I gave away the ending to a movie. The restaurant diners lost their collective shit when I put it on my fries. It was freaky.

*cue board members to start cracking stereotype jokes*

Watching everybody line up for poutine while wasted last night, I don't get why everyone loves it. However, I understand why it didn't catch on anywhere else: it's fucking disgusting looking, like a weathered stripper's vagina with gravy on it. I've found it almost exclusively gross anytime I've tried it.

See also: grits. I don't get it, South People. Personal opinion, but I did not enjoy them whatsoever.

7. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thing about good poutine is that you actually need good ingredients. That means good cheese curds. Most of the time it's actually gross. But get some good curds, good gravy, good fries? Damn. Although to eat poutine in its natural habitat, one must also eat it while smoking a cigarette. In church.

In other news, why do Americans think we say "out" as "oot" when we clearly don't? Hell, that sports announcer on CNN says it in a rather Canadian way and it doesn't sound like "oot" at all. It's not that hard.

Also, finishing off that bottle of wine. Good stuff. Bottaccia Uva di Troia. If you like dark Italian reds like sangiovese you'll probably like it.

EDIT: In defense of that racist old woman, that letter carrier was acting like a nigger. She's a good objective judge of such things - she's not prejudiced, after all.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

All it takes to have good poutine is a BAC over 1.02.

9. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You do.

You Canadians have an accent, and specific pronunciations of words. You just have to accept it.

My company has a lot of Canadian customers, and to get our stored info on our customers we ask the following:

Last Name,
    Zip Code

However 9 times out of 10 I can ask: "Last name and postal code please" and they will ask: "Postal Code? How did you know I was Canadian?"

I know because of how you people sound.

The 1 time out of ten I am wrong, they are from Minnesota.

10. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Where have you traveled to? I know I've seen lots of places with bottles of vinegar on the table next to the ketchup and such, though it's probably a regional thing.

As for grits, on their own theirs not really anything to like about them. But, when you start adding stuff like cheese, butter, or bacon, they get pretty tasty.

Wait...no. The cheese, butter and bacon is tasty. The grits just get to come along for the ride. Well, that's poverty food for ya.

11. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know we speak a bit differently, but "oot"? They don't even say "oot" in Brainerd.

In unrelated news, I once met an American who, upon hearing me speak, said, "Wow, you're from much farther south than me."

12. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is not quite "ooooot" That is the exaggeration. But there is a certain labial fricative that we pick up on right away. Like when you say sore-re.

13. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's what she said?

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Says the guy with the umlaut. Ha!

15. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I can't remember if someone else posted this here, but a good example of Canadian accents (picks up after the Indian stuff):

#155 Dcc001, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  16. tempest

tempest
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was never a grits fan either until I tried jalapeño cheese grits. Life changing.

This weekend I unleashed the Kraken, then it promptly kicked my ass. I have never been as hung over as I was on Saturday. Seriously, I spent the entire day either puking or sleeping. I wasn't able to actually eat real food until dinner on Sunday. It was either the worst hangover of my life, or I somehow caught a 24 hour stomach flu right when I should have been hungover.

17. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

What the hell is Poutine? From a picture I've seen it looks just like cheesy chips and gravy?

18. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Haha, I really love when people tell me, "I want to hear your opinion of this thing that I made because I know that you're going to be honest and not hold back" and then when I tell them what I want to they get all pissed because... I was honest and didn't sugarcoat and baby them like every single other person does around here.

Especially when I made it very clear that I liked the project. Which had already been made clear when I WORKED ON THE PROJECT because I thought it was going to turn out well. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

What makes it better is this:
    [​IMG]

19. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus christ, just did my budget and I am only going to have $83.74 in my checking account until the end of the month. Old Frank's been on a spending spree lately.

I'd like to give a special fuck you to Amazon, Bj's, Woot, Apple, various bars in Boston and my GF and for being responsible for this development.

I feel like this is a fitting video for me right now.

#159 Frank, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.