Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Here's To You, Ol' Buddy! WDT 11/12/10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

I bought the ring the other day to give to the little lady. While this is awesome, and I can't wait for it to come in so that I can ask her, the purchase is coming at a small price that I am MORE than happy to pay.

[​IMG]

Yep. I've decided to sell the (free) boat.

Hopefully, we'll be able to find her a really good home, with a loving family who will have the time to take her out to play... *sniffle*

So yeah... In honor of everyone's favorite (free) boat, why don't we set the theme as hot girls on boats. She would like that.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This may be a repeat, but since it goes so well with the theme . . .

Attached Files:

3. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#3 Elset, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm still convinced that was my father's boat and you found it in the marsh somewhere in St. Bernard Parish.

Congratulations, by the way. I don't remember what I was doing this time yesterday, but I can still remember every detail of how I handed Mrs. Noland her ring. I still have the shirt I was wearing when I did it.

Now that the maudlin crap is out of the way, I have the day off and the drinking is going to start early.

5. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

I thought your dad had a Fishmaster?

Sorry to say, I know the person who gave me this one. It even still has his name etched on the trailer.

Plus, I wouldn't voluntarily hang out in St. Bernard Parish- even IF there might be a (free) boat waiting for me.

6. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oooooh, look at me, I'm BlueDog, I'm too good for St. Bernard Parish, I live in Tangipahoa Parish.

7. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Congratulations man and a future welcome to the best club on Earth.

No drinking for me this weekend, I usually don't, but plenty of hang out time with friends and Sunday is my diet "cheat" day which I always look forward to.

8. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait, the club where you resign yourself to one pussy that will increasingly deny you entry over time for the rest of your life, and giving up your freedom and dreams to take care of a 7 pound shit and piss factory is the best club on Earth? Really?

9. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is for me. In all seriousness, all of the things you wrote are popular cynicisms about marriage and may even be commonly true, but they're not inevitable laws of physics. I love my wife, I love spending tons of time with her, I look forward to sharing the rest of my life with her, and we have discussed possibly having children in the future. I am happier now than I ever have been.

10. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Being married is good, but it is not the best club on earth.

This is the best club on earth, not only am I president of it, I am supreme ruler.

[​IMG]

11. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kids, listen to an old man. Sex with a 40 year old woman may seem repellent to you all, but it's better than any sex that I ever had in my 20s. Is it as frequent as it was 15 years ago? No, of course not. Is it better? Absolutely, in every respect.

It's difficult to put into words, but, you know how if you're, say, fishing for redfish. They're agile little bastards and they don't take a hook like a speckled trout will, so you kind of have to coax them into taking the bait. If you get into the trout, they'll just hop into the boat, but redfish are clever. They take a little more work. But every time you catch one, you learn something and you apply that knowledge for the next time. They are more fun. And they are better eating.

And children aren't shit and piss factories. That's just stupid. It's not even ignorance, it's just downright stupid.

And so, I will stop preaching for a moment and tell you a story. A story about products that should never exist. I went to the convenience store down the road a ways and, while I was waiting in line, looked over at the rack behind me that was selling Queen Sized Pantyhose: Extra Wide.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Best get rid of the boat now, before you're married.

Otherwise you'd have to get her permission first, after you give her half of your stuff.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Getting ready to go to the funeral home. Joy.

And after my "scare the squirrels with the bagpipes" yesterday on the back porch, the neighbor down the court who's the new widow has asked me to play at the funeral tomorrow, at the grave.

I'm honored, but way out of practice.

Guess I know what I'm doing tonight. Part of that would be "not drinking".

14. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This weekend is going to be great. I have a double date tonight with my friend who's in town from Madison, a lady friend (the one who is an MD), and her Dr. friend. We're going out for some drinks and some "fun" afterward. Should be an awesome night.

It only gets better tomorrow night: said friend who is town and myself are going to Daniel Tosh stand-up at the State Theater. We're going to his later show so we're checking into the hotel and going out beforehand. Some booze, great laughs, then going out afterwards. Knowing us, there will definitely be some funny incidents, especially since my buddy is a 6'4" guy who is in really good shape, women throw themselves at him. I'm not excited about the prospective ass, it's more funny watching these girls to get into position for him. I could care less about those girls, I want to see where things go with the current girl.

Sunday, another date. Burgers and then the Guthrie theater.

I hope to get some Black Ops in there too.

EDIT: We all know that the best club is the Beer in the Shower Club.

15. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's my weekend plan:
    After work, I'm stopping at a liquor store and picking up a 30, 2 sixers, and a bottle of whiskey. From my home, I'm grabbing a few premium cigars, two venison tenderloins, and my girlfriend. I suppose I'll grab things like clothes and a toothbrush as well.
    Following all that, I'll get on the road to Vermont, where I will be celebrating a buddy's birthday all weekend with a group of friends.
    Sunday, I'll limp home to recover, basking in the warming glow of afternoon football.

16. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Congrats again to you Mr. BD, I couldn't see myself settling down and getting married within the next few years...too much stuff going on. And I wish I had a boat and some fishing equipment like yours but I would never find the time to get much use out of either. Plus I drive a little sports coupe, and no way in hell would I put a hitch on the back of that to tow around said boat.

As for this weekend, it seemed like yesterday was Sunday and today was Monday...not so much though. It also seems there's no weekend ops for us so I have the whole weekend free to galavant around the city. Also, tonight I'm going to a minor league hockey game!! I haven't been to a hockey game since I saw the Red Wings back in the 90's. Awesome!!

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just finished the viewing for my neighbor.

Conscripted into the German navy at 16 to serve on subs.

I can't imagine.

[​IMG]

18. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dumb coonass! You sell the wife for the boat, not the boat for the wife!

My weekend will spent completing a research paper on schizophrenia, but it's going pretty well, almost as if someone is dictating it in my head.

19. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I miss being able to post in these drunk threads. Right now I'm just relaxing before catching the 10pm bus to Manchester to start the night shift in the hotel I work at. It's very easy work and I have no money to spend on drink anyway, but Jesus, I haven't been drunk in about a week and 2 days. Probably longest dry spot since I was 18 (20 now).

I took up smoking again as everyone else does it at the job and it really is a pleasent way to break up the shift and get to know others who work in the building. Musn't make a habit of it though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.