Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Here's everything you've ever wanted! Oh.. nevermind.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bucketheader, Nov 5, 2009.

1. bucketheader

bucketheader
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm pretty young, but I've still eaten a lot of shit in my quest to be a professional guitarist. I sent this guy a recording who was auditioning people to play in his band opening for Brian McKnight and a plethora of other big names. Emailed it to him and he got it and said he'd call me back when he listened to it.

"Yo man, that you? YOU ARE A BAD MOTHERFUCKA! This is exactly what I've been waiting for man.. I'm canceling the rest of my auditions. You have to PROMISE me that you're my man, the gig is this saturday.. you better fuckin bring your business card cause people are gonna try and snag you."

He proceeds to email me a huge number of mp3's to learn.

Later he calls again

"Hey man.. uhh, so things are being reorganized.. and I can't include you in the group for this gig."

uhh so... um yeah this happened all within the past 3 hours. You look like a real asshole when you tell your friends and family you're opening for Brian McKnight and then get canned the same night. Fuck me.

Focus:

Its not how many times you fall- it's how many times you can get back up. Talk about some of the notable failure in your life, and if you have experienced success, how those failures have affected you and the way you proceed with future endeavors.

2. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

El-Bumpo!

3. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You disappoint me Blue, shouldn't it be Les-Bumpeau or Geaux Bump?

4. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Not if you are eating Taco Bell for Lunch-o.

Back to the topic!

5. Savage Henry

Savage Henry
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

There you go, dude.

6. Bjornturoc

Bjornturoc
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

There have already been 5 posts in this thread, and the first one is the only one that managed to stay on topic-o. You guys suck at your jobs.

FOCUS: A failure that really motivated me was when I was younger and I used to be the funny kid in my family. I signed up for the talent show in Middle School, and had this little 5 minute act which turned out to be a 3 minute bomb. This crushed me in more ways than you could imagine. I spent the next year of my life dedicated to righting the wrongs of my crappy sense of humor. I eventually learned the art of playing to your audience. I realized that I was not telling bad jokes, I was just telling them to the wrong people. I'm telling appropriate jokes for adults to little kids starting to obsessively curse almost as much as an average asshole on the Idiot Board. The next year, I came back with an arsenal, ready to play the crowd like an Instrument. It was the finest 6 minutes of my life, before I was dragged off stage and given consecutive hour-long detentions for 2 weeks. Boy, the respect you get from kids for casually saying "Shit" on stage in front of the faculty.