Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

"Here at Titty Twister we're slashing pussy in half."

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aribidi, May 11, 2011.

1. Harry Coolahan

Harry Coolahan
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I know this isn't necessarily an accessible option, but a pool table. In my city, there is virtually one bar that has a good pool table that charges by $1 per game rather than $12 per hour per person. If I want to play even just one game of pool, my entire night's drinking tabs go to the one bar in town that can fill that need.

It's hard for a bar to distinguish itself, but a pool table is a nice way of placing it in a less common niche. If a place is packed on weekends then it might not get used, but it's a good attraction for a weekday.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where in DC I could play a game of pool in a fairly quiet bar, on a good pool table, at a pay-per-game rate? The only place I know of is Froggy Bottom.

2. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There was a college bar in Pittsburgh that had quarter draft night. Always packed. This place changed ownership several times and the latest owner (who is a huge asshole) created a stir with its "Wetback Wednesdays" promotion a few years ago.

Another bar was called Alexander Graham Bell's. Each table had a phone and you were able to call people at the other tables. Interesting concept but there were never people at other tables I felt worth talking to.

Casey's has "Monday Midget Madness" where a little person walks along the bar pouring liquor into your mouth. (Video)

Another thing I've only seen here is half price food after 10pm. Basically all the places near the university mark their food half price after 10pm in order to get rid of it w/ less waste. Kids start lining up well in advance waiting to be the first to put their names in with the hostess once 10pm hits.

Every place in Singapore did ladies' night on Wednesdays. Basically girls got in for free and drink for free the entire night. The catch of course is that guys get raked across the coals on covers and booze prices, but it's always packed with both genders b/c guys will pay to be in a bar full of drunk wimminz.

Edit: I remember hearing about a couple of these which caught my eye. It's a bar where the prices operate like a stock exchange so the more a certain drink is in demand, the higher the price goes. (Link)

As for my own personal preferences... I actually happen to hate live music. It's always too loud and never anything I enjoy. Case in point, Saturday night I went out and there was a ska band and a swing band playing. I didn't know either of those things even existed anymore. It was like seeing a dodo walking in your backyard. And fuck karaoke.

On the other hand, I love drinking outside. Any kind of outdoors beergarden or deck or rooftop patio gets you a lot of points in my book. I'm a fan of dark, quiet and cheap bars. A decent juke box can go a long way too. (And if you have tabletop shuffleboard I will just give you my credit card and never leave).

Pennsylvania has very strict laws about alcohol specials. You can only have one all day special and then a single "happy hour" which is a 2 hour window at any point in the day. Shame.

3. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

TOSS THE BOSS

Some of the uni bars here used to run this and they were always full.

Basically whatever what you purchase during happy hour/s is subject to the toss of a coin by the bar tender. You pick right you don’t pay. You pick wrong you do. Mixes the fun and addictiveness of gambling with the fun and addictiveness of booze. Win.

Follow this with a decent band (starting 10 minutes before the end of TOSS THE BOSS) and all the pissed bastards will stay and drink/party more. If you fail at this part everyone will filter out after the end of TTB.

4. mikebegood

mikebegood
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Going along with the birthday specials the best one I've ever seen in a college town is free t-shirt on your 21st birthday. Ensures that everyone will stop by with their friends for at least one round of drinks at your place.

5. Bread Mustache

Bread Mustache
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've always wanted to buy a bar and remodel it to look exactly like one of the most well recognized bars ever.

I have no idea what kind of people would show up. Could be neckbeards, could be everyone because it's the fucking Mos Eisley Cantina, but it would be fun to do nonetheless.

#45 Bread Mustache, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015