Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Hell's Kitchen

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Dmix3, Jun 1, 2010.

1. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's important to note that even getting one, single Michelin Star means the chef and his restaurant is world-class. Past a certain point though, I think it merely shows how many successful places they have opened up.

Thus, Michelin Stars are more of an achievement than a ranking/rating system for chefs.

2. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anyone know anyone who has eaten there? I'm sure you can't hear all the yelling but I wondered if it's more/less expensive or if all the reactions are truly genuine?

3. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Assuming you mean the actual Hell's Kitchen I've always wondered that too. I've also wondered if you ever have to pay for your meal. Seems like in the early stages it would be something of a crapshoot seeing as how half the time in the first two weeks or so they barely make it through service.

4. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Meals are free, but the drinks are not.

I know this because Hollywood Actor Buddy ate there about a year and a half ago...when they were filming this season.

Not that it matters, but at this point I'm pulling for Holli. The skill and personality of all of these contestants are all sub-par, so I'm just going for the one I'd most like to fuck.

5. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is any one still watching this?

I swear to fucking spaghetti monster that if I hear that little weasel say "Oui chef" one more goddamned time that I'm going to find out where he lives in the country, find his restaurant and punch him in the throat. Then I'm going to stand over him and say "Did that hurt? OUI?!?!"

So some manufactured drama and a lil love going on between yum yum thickums Holly and that fat fuck Jay. Now, I realize this show is spread out over several weeks but on the real, they film it in about 2 tops. Did I hear in the promo for next week this baby daddy seeker say "I love him"? And what kind of a fuck do you have to be to be a mom but your kid lives with the dad. Seriously, what kind of fuck up did you make for that to even go down? 2 weeks and you love him and what I'm assuming is the court system believes that a child is better with his father than you. Shit on me.

6. BigChops

BigChops
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I thought the show was filmed over the course of a couple months? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sure that most of the manufactured drama lies in the promo editing. It's no secret that the people at fox have a ridiculously heavy hand in the editing room. It is almost as bad as LA Ink has gotten in the past year.

Anyway, good for Jay. I'd stick it in Holli any day of the week, and good for her for not wanting her stupid kid around haha. Maybe she just wanted to have an abortion and the Dad insisted she keep it? Whatever, I still love this show and cannot get enough of seeing Ramsay explode undercooked fish all over the kitchen. As an added plus we finally got to see Scott explode on someone for real. I was sitting there yelling at the TV for him to knock Ben's fucked up teeth out of his mouth.

I know the show is far from "reality" but it is just too awesome to refuse to watch.

7. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It takes about 30 days to film a full season, and recently they've been filming seasons back-to-back to get more bang for the buck. This season was filmed immediately after the previous one, about 18 months ago.

8. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, Ben is a giant douchebag. I loved when Scott fucking exploded on him. Every time someone asks if he needs help Ben responds "Get the fuck out of my way." You would think after being told constantly that he would start talking in the kitchen.

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in the middle of the 6 chefs left episode, and if Ben doesn't stop saying "Oui, Chef", I'm gonna punch my monitor.

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Edit: Excellent. I've hated Jason and his droopy-mouth, retarded attitude since the beginning. I'm surprised it took this long to get his stupid ass out.

Ben has GOT to be next. Please?

Although, if I'm looking at who among them can run a kitchen...

NONE OF THEM. This show is a fucking sham. A very entertaining sham, but a sham nonetheless. None of these people could run a kitchen. Ed maybe could've.

That's it.

11. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have no idea how a professional kitchen works and what makes somebody qualified or not to be in one.

I used to watch this show and was entertained but never thought anything was amiss. Then I read Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain and around the same time started watching Top Chef. I haven't been able to watch an episode of this show since with any level of seriousness (not that there was much before)

I can't even imagine any of the contestants being allowed in a restaurant of Ramsey's. It does seem like he's starting to spread himself a little too thin and his restaurant empire is hurting financially.

His Kitchen Nightmare show is pretty good though. I respect what he does in that one.

12. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Typical FOX. Always go for obvious drama between two contestants. Was there any chance this wasn't the finale?

13. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, I see it this way. We don't see everything. Autumn was clearly problematical, with how many times she'd been sent up. It's not a cooking issue at that point, it's a matter of working well with others. You get sent up that much, you clearly can't lead a kitchen. Not to mention how suddenly bitchy she got when she was on the pass.

Ben... Well Ben is clearly a very good chef, or he wouldn't have made it this far. But he overestimated his own abilities every single day. Maybe that's aspiration to something better, but he clearly considered himself better, while losing challenges.

Holli is hot as fuck. I'm in her corner for that reason primarily, I'm not gonna lie. She's been solid, sometimes even great, as a chef. After she got over her initial stutter as lead, she seemed to do very well.

Jay is the 100% clear front runner between the two. The skills, the plating, the experience of running an actual working kitchen. His palate may not be stellar, but he caught all the problems Chef Scott served up, and he clearly knows what he's doing.

Ramsey is a better judge of these things than me, obviously, but I'm all in on his choices. If I were (more of) a betting man, I'd lay money on Jay.

14. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If it were in a straight up competition I'd be with you on this one, however the last service when they bring back all the crap chefs is where Hell's Kitchen is won or lost. My money is on whoever wins the next challenge and gets first pick, if memory serves no chef who has gotten the first pick has lost Hell's Kitchen.

15. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Not anymore it seems. Am I the only one who is a bit confused here? Jay seemed like the clear frontrunner the entire episode. Even his dinner service seemed to be better. The only reason I can think Chef Ramsey would pick Holli is because she is more presentable and has more experience with European cuisine.

16. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They usually have the final as two episodes so I think it wasn't as obvious. They always use as the last challenge the ratings cards that the diners fill out.

17. BigChops

BigChops
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think Jay's arrogance killed him in the end. That and Holli really did cook her tits off the past couple weeks.

Oh well, at least he might get laid in Australia.