Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Hell On Wheels

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by E. Tuffmen, Sep 28, 2012.

1. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I did a search and was surprised there was no thread on this show. I started watching at the beginning of this season and have been blown away by the writing. I only recently found the first season on Netflix and am now delving into that. I love the main character and all the others as well. Colm Meaney is at his best in a part tailor made for his style. Anyone else watching? If not, you should be.

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gave the first episode a chance, made it through 3/4 before I turned it off, personally I thought it was terribly acted. As much as Common wants to be an actor, waking up one day and declaring yourself one doesn't actually make you DeNiro. Pass

3. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Watched the first season as it came out. Absolutely loved it. Common isn't brilliant, but he is also not terrible. Especially in the latter episodes where he somewhat eases up on the permanent death stare. The rest of the cast is good.
    Haven't watched any episodes from the second season yet. I can't stand waiting between episodes, so I'm waiting until the season is out in its entirety.

4. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thought it was ok but was starting to lose me near the end.

5. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm surprised more people don't like this show. I think the acting is well done, the concept is original, and I'm interested in all the characters, which is unusual, there are always one or two useless characters in a series like this, but I think they are all well developed, their stories are interesting, and the acting is very good. I had no idea Common was who he is as I'd never heard of him before this show. I think his acting is fine, maybe a bit forced at times, but I love the character. I especially love Colm Meaney's character, Bohannon, and the Swede. I'm almost through the first season and the second season, which I've been following, is even better.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

P.S. this should be in the TV show section.