Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Hell of a year...

Discussion in 'New Thread Suggestions' started by Revengeofthenerds, May 11, 2021.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Ok, so we’ve all made some mistakes this past year during the pandemic, but we’ve also done some cool things too.

We probably all have more toilet paper and hand sanitizer than we need. But I’ve also really reduced my food waste, learned to trim my grocery shopping list, and I think in general the amount of cleaning we do now is a good thing.

I lived through a natural disaster, and even though I learned I wasn’t as handy and didn’t have as many proper repair items as I thought I did during that time of crisis, I did use more redneck ingenuity than I thought I had and have done more home repairs than I thought I could accomplish individually. I was more functional than specifically skilled, and that’s kinda okay for me.

At the start of the pandemic, I was in amazing physical shape. The best I’d been in since before college. Covid has wrecked that, and being in physical shape didn’t prepare me for the virus as much as I’d hoped, but at least I know I’m capable of doing that and I’m sure I’ll get back to that point at some point.

I wasn’t really fiscally responsible before the pandemic, and even though I was fortunate to keep a job during, it’s definitely made my wife and I more aware of keeping a savings for a rainy day, or year, or zombie virus.

I also learned I was really good at building a garden, but not great at growing produce in it. Plus I still haven’t really gotten into this zoom thing, and I know if I don’t figure it out now, I’m gonna fall behind.

focus: it’s been a hell of a year. We’ve all had highs and lows and certainly learned a lot from it, both where we can improve and what we should keep doing. What were some of your highs and lows? What’s happened in the last 12 months that’s gonna make the next 12 better for you?