Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Helix

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Last year SyFy (I fucking HATE that rebranding) launched a show called Helix.

http://www.syfy.com/helix

It's about a team of CDC doctors that (initially) get sent to a secret, military-like base in the Antarctic, where it turns out a huge bio-corp is doing genetic testing and R&D, apparently for evil.

There are a few spoilers that I won't mention, but needless to say it kind of breaks down to an "evil corporation builds catastrophic virus in order to be able to sell the antidote" kind of cliche, with some semi-zombie overtones. All in all, I enjoyed it, and gave it a bit of science/plot leeway.

Well, season 2 just kicked off, and I just watched the season opener, and I have to say, I'm a bit confused.

They've now morphed the show from Ice Station Zebra to have more of a Lost, Island of Dr. Moreau kind of thing, with some crazy time jumps in the mix.

Anyone else watching this?

As much as I liked the first season, this season is starting off quite "what the fuck is going on?"

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nobody?

3. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I tried watching the first season and I gave up. There was too much that struck me as either filler for not getting to the point or a 'WHY THE FUCK would someone so intelligent do that?'