Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

He called the shit "poop"!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengeofthenerds, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I mentioned a relatively tame story in the WDT:
    This was back in the day when our local swimming pool was life guarded by our algebra teacher, who we got stoned with on the weekends. This was before 9/11, when we could replace our campus security guard's taser with a cap gun and it was funny instead of a crime. When we planted crops on the football field and it wasn't vandalism. When someone finds some good hydro and a girl asks "me too?" instead of #MeToo.

Focus: What did you do back then that today's hyper-PC society would have destroyed you for?

Alt. Focus: Society is always on a pendulum. Eventually, we'll swing back that old-school way. Do you think we've reached the apex of calling shit poo? What do you think will make us swing back that direction?

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

One of my closest friends moved to our town in 8th grade. He came from California, but his entire family were Pakistani immigrants. And it wasnt just his immediate family that moved to town, it was a good portion of his extended family too, which was a bit weird. Anyway, when he started school the teacher introduced him and he has a very long name which is somewhat difficult to pronounce. When we talked him a few days later, we asked him to repeat his name when he joined us at lunch. He did and just saw the look on our faces trying to sound it out. He then said, "You know what, just call me 'Brown Kid." So we did, and in our circle of friends we still do. We have called him that in public before instead of his real name, and we got the dirtiest looks from people.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Before the internet #MeToo would've literally meant Pound Me Too.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not PC destroyed just 9-11 destroyed. Going on my school's European trip the summer, just months before, 9-11. Being a shitbird teenagers who loved George Carlin me and a friend acted out his "joking about bombs at the airport" bit through the entire terminal in ever louder "penis" game style fashion. 9-11 really have made his whole airport spiel on that album seem insanely dated. Still hilarious to this day.

Same friend once listed me under the only indian girl in our grade's picture when we did the"guess who's baby picture this is" in the cafeteria. It was a good fucking joke and I had to seethingly give it to him as everyone walked by and laughed. Im sure we'd have both been yanked into the the principal's office for various misgendering and racist offenses.

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alt focus: Short answer: Christ I hope so. I think there's some backlash starting among the saner people of our society, you just don't hear about it often because outrage sells soap. But nothing warms my heart when faux outrage is met with, "Oh go fuck yourself."

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Relevant avatar is relevant.

And I absolutely agree with you... it seems like a natural evolution from this:

[​IMG]

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All throughout school, I wrote and talked about all kinds of violent stuff; in the fourth grade, I wrote a story about hunting humans, in middle school I wrote a story about a guy getting brutally tortured and killed (but he deserved it!), and once I even wrote about wanting to beat a fellow student with a 2X4 (but he deserved it!).
    One time I even made a poster of me mowing down slow-walking people with an M134 mini-gun as a junior in highschool.

These were all for class assignments, mind you.

No teachers ever called my parents (for that, anyway), I was never sent to the guidance counselor or principal's office (for that, anyway), and I received a passing grade on all of them.

If Li'l Bandit tried that stuff today, they'd try to throw him in a psych ward.
    The good thing though, is that he and his peers know that all of this over the top PC bullpoop is, well, bullshit. They make fun of it, and the people who preach it.

Then again, he's my son, so that probably factors in as well.