Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Hawaii 5-O

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was a big fan of the original series, so was quite skeptical when the remake came out.

5 episodes in and I have to say that, while not groundbreaking or anything, it doesn't suck.

Anyone else watching?

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a fan of all the main four actors, so I gave it a shot. Alex O'Laughlin was great in Moonlight, Scott Caan is a brilliant sarcastic sideman, Daniel Dae Kim will always be Jin, but it's nice to see him speak english, and Grace Park was a Cylon to die for.

So far? It's entertaining. It's not groundbreaking or even particularly well written, but it's engaging.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I thought the first episode did a good job of setting the mood when you saw some pretty extreme violence and one of the main characters father get whacked.

And the chicks in bikinis help too.

4. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They pretty much had me when Jack Lords 1974 Mercury showed up in the first episode. I am enjoying the show but it is not one that I feel a need to watch as soon as it airs.

I am interested in when they are going to make some progress on the fathers unsolved case.

5. Morblitz

Morblitz
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Unsolved? He killed the murderer in the first episode. That whole plot line was just to get the show established. Now he's just sticking around being bad-ass, gun-shootin' super-cop. 'Cause the badge says he can.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

His father has a bunch of shit in an old red toolbox that is the reason (supposedly) for him being whacked in the first place.

He's trying to figure that shit out.

It's still unsolved.

7. Morblitz

Morblitz
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Oh, right. Good point. I misread and thought the unsolved case was about the father, and not an unresolved case the father was working on.

I'm just enjoying the Cops with attitude aspect of the show at the moment, not too bothered by when the main arc will come back into play.

8. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wo Fat has made his appearance.