Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Happy Endings

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by shauncorleone, Apr 24, 2011.

1. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Has anyone watched this? They positioned it right after Modern Family on ABC, which was smart, and the show seems like it has potential. However, it seems very hit or miss. The second episode was pretty good but the last 2 I watched were seriously lacking. Some of the noticeable problems:
    - Elisha Cuthbert is a horrible comedic actress
    - The Jane character is over the top insane

Things that are solid:
    - A non-stereotypical gay character
    - Solid dialogue that only occasionally seems a little forced
    - The male characters and Penny are pretty well-written

The first 4 episodes are on Hulu.

2. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Agreed. Penny and the gay dude are fucking hilarious. If they killed off Jane and made everyone single (with Elisha Cuthbert and the main dude having their current "I still love you but won't admit it" storyline) the show would be really solid. However, it's still better than 90% of the shitty sitcoms on network TV.

I'd give the show a 7 out of 10.

3. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was sold with the Hitler premise. But that has more to do with the fact that I have considered that particular situation before.

4. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just started watching it yesterday after a mate toild me a while back I needed to. This is a tragically fucking hilarious trainwreck.

Seven episodes in and will probably finish the first season today, I'm hooked.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually think Cuthbert is pretty damn good as a comedic actress. If you continue to watch, you'll see that she's got the "Oblivious funny blond" nailed down perfect.

Damon Wayans Jr is fucking awesome as well. Especially when they had his actual Dad play his Dad.

The only character I really don't like is the ex-fiance Dave. Dude's fucking useless. The one good storyline they had with him was his addiction to V-necks, and that was mainly pulled off by Cuthbert and whoever plays Max.

Really funny show, I'm just mad they put Cougar Town off so long in favor of it.

6. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

This show is great. Iczorro is right, Cuthbert plays the ditz so incredibly well. The one liners in this show are hysterical.

7. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This show has grown on me a lot.

The episode with the dueling codes was one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. When Dave walks in the bar with the home perm and Jane shouts "Temple Grandin", I laughed for 10 solid minutes.

It's way better than the show they had last week. That B in 223. That was a steamy pile of shit.

8. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And so it ends...

USA took a look but passed.

Too bad.

9. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its worth noting, the actress who plays Jane is fucking hysterical in real life. Her late night circuit interviews are awesome. And she had an ongoing Twitter thing awhile ago after Shame came out, talking about the activities she would like to do with Fassbender's manhood. And that was also hilarious.

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Makes me sad. I wish the show had been on NBC, so it could ride out it's shitty ratings Community style, by still being one of their best shows, even with a 1.2.

Like I said months ago, I loved pretty much the whole ensemble except for Dave.