Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Happy Drunks Only- Memorial Day WDT 5/27/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twopy

twopy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Just saw a friend from basic training name in the back of the Army Times. That's the obituary section. Here's to you buddy, I'll see you at Fiddlers Green.

2. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So did Frylock ever dish out the rewards/punishments from the Game of Threads or are we trying to quietly sweep it under the rug?

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, he's got a Mexican to do it for him now. And he gets to play with her boobs when she's done.

Win win.

4. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This weekend, I'm going to my aunt's farm outside of Pittsburgh. It's going to be a weekend of smoking pot, building fires, and eating some of the best food I have ever had in my entire life. My aunt is a vegetarian, but manages to make some of the juiciest steak I have ever had. She also makes salmon that melts in your mouth. The best part is, I am not expected to life a finger. My aunt still thinks of me as a 10-year old bookworm and i gladly play the part.

5. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

How did it go from chilly to sweltering? I'm in my skivvies over here and I'm still sweating like Frylock at a family reunion.

6. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Happy Memorial Day everyone. Be safe this weekend, watch out for the amateurs.

7. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This confuses me, I would expect vegetarians to not only abstain from eating meat, but from cooking it too. I guess if she is a vegetarian for health reasons it would make sense. However most vegetarians I know do it for the perceived social or ethical reasons, which I would expect would also mean that they would be against cooking meat the same as they are against consuming it.

8. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today has been a GREAT day for 'ol Katokoch. Only me, my boss, and the young sales rep were in the office today and he closed up shop and sent me home at 1:00 and told me to be on my porch with a cold case of beer on Monday. I went to a lumber yard to see if they had what I need to finish up some projects and found what I needed. While I was there, I called a guy to get some advice and he let me know that he'd sent me some nice boards to laminate up... this morning. I really like when the sales come to me.

My old roommate and some of his buddies are headed over here soon and they're bringing the beer and food... I just need to light the grill. I'm thawing out some pheasants and will cube the breasts. Half will be wrapped in bacon and pan fried with Italian seasoning and the other half will once again be wrapped in bacon but spread across a sheet, covered with fresh jalapeno slices, and roasted in the oven. Thank you Dad and South Dakota for the birds.

9. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The administrator of the Feminist Law Professors Blog is posting comments on my site today.

Yeah...I'm gonna have a beer.

10. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The vegetarians without their heads up their asses are willing to cook and serve meat, and generally don't cry foul unless you waste animal product like an asshole.

11. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're a vegetarian hosting a cookout with a fair number of non-vegetarians, you have two choices:

A) Cook meat

B) Give a lecture

Only one of these makes your event better.

12. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

The only thing I'll say about this holiday is this, if you have lost a loved one or friend that was in the military, chances are you haven't been to their grave site lately. Take some time and if possible go pay them the respect they deserve on this holiday.

Thanks to all that made/make the sacrifices to make our freedom a reality.

13. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Twitter just suggested I follow myself.

Puhleeze, like I want to read that tripe.

15. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bought this book off Amazon today:

[​IMG]

I'm determined to become a hobbyist carpenter/craftsman. If I'm lucky, in about 20 years I may be able to make something nice. I'm thinking we need some sort of DIY thread in the permanent threads section.

16. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm saving up bottle caps to arrange in a mosaic for a table top. I figure it'll take about a year of steady drinking.

17. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You shouldn't ruin your mom's furniture...

My man is working on some bookshelves for me, he is sick of all of my books stacked up everywhere. I already have one bookshelf stuffed and they are piled up in on my dresser and filling half of my linen closet. I have a compulsion to collect books, especially crazy old bound books from thrift stores.

When we buy a house, a library is going to be required. As well as someone to move the damn things.

18. twopy

twopy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Spent all day playing "dude where's my car"

My car was at the bar.
    My wallet was with the cab driver.
    My dignity is still nowhere to be found.

$1 beers and $3 vodka/Red Bullls are not to be taken lightly kids.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Today I was productive. I did laundry, cleaned up around the house and (finally) unpacked a few of those extra boxes in my bedroom that have been sitting there for a week and a half. Then I painted another coat on the cabinet in the man cave (funnily enough I am the only person who uses this room). I also sent out a package to el Fiance who is presently on a mini-deployment -- crystal light, protein powder, chewing gum, and a couple articles of clothes that he accidentally left here. Later I will cut the grass and go for a run. Today I win!

Oh, and let's not forget my delicious grilled chicken salad and wine for a late lunch/early dinner:

Yummy!

Attached Files:

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you figure out how to find and acquire a "membership" in a woodshop, please let me know. No I don't want to invest in several thousand dollars worth or equipment, nor do I want a quarter share of a shop with my own bench for $600/mo, I just want something cheap and reasonable that lets me use power tools on occasion when I need them. Why is this not easier to find?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.