Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Guns and Ammo Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by ILikePie, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

New toy arrived D3BE8E62-9043-43B8-B959-2A4892CDBF26.jpeg

i ordered a handmade leather cartridge cuff for the buttstock and lever wrap. The dude’s waitlist is about two months out currently, but it’ll be worth it.

in the meantime, I have some trash pandas to take care of

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At an estimated 40 yards no less. That’s even more impressive.

I’ve trained where I’ve been shooting on the move. Even walking, it ain’t easy.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

i wonder how much tunnel vision comes into play? Like, in a good way I mean. The saying is that time “slows down” in moments like that, and it’s certainly happened to me under much less dire circumstances. I can only imagine for him. Those 15 seconds must have felt like ages! Stories like these really illustrate to me what the human mind and body is capable of, and it’s insane.

7. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah good point. I can only imagine what was going through his mind in the moment, if anything. Either way he obviously trained and the training took over.

And coming down off the adrenaline must have been a bitch.

8. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nothing but kudos for the young shooter, the honest-to-God "good guy with a gun" straight out of myth and legend.

...and now come the copycats who all know they'll have the same calm, measured and accurate reaction to their own mass shooter incident. Can't wait.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

finally pulled the trigger on a dedicated, proper vermin hunting setup. The Ruger MPR is one slick bastard. 18" barrel with a 1/8 twist, insanely crisp two stage trigger -- best factory trigger I've felt outside my Colt King Cobra -- comes with magpul furniture and weighs in under 7 lbs. Mounted a Leupold VX Freedom 3-9X40 in a one piece mount. Just ordered a magpul bipod and streamlight (I know I know, but I've had no problems with the pro tac HL-X on my other one). Two point sling and it's off to the races to fuck up some coyotes!

#2369 Revengeofthenerds, Sep 2, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't typically watch firearms content, but I got roped into following Garand Thumb for his .22 man saga. A guy claimed he could shoot a soda can from 710 yards with a Ruger 10/22, without glass. Garand Thumb flew the guy to his place to put him to the test.

Conclusion video comes out tomorrow YouTube. The rest is on Facebook reels, I think.

11. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The video is out...

He, expectedly, didn't hit it. He did hit 300 yards with a very expensive rifle, with very expensive scope. That is still a good shot.

12. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Many years ago I was telling somebody that eventually the "gun controllers" would get tired of asking nicely, and they'd come back hard soon as they had the power to do it. That day is today, in Massachusetts via HD.4420. I know some people dislike the system we have now, I actually like it fine and wouldn't mind seeing it go national. But this new proposal, it's insanity. I'm all for the "Well-Regulated Militia" part of 2A, but this is the most egregious overreach even in my opinion. I'll let these guys explain it in detail:

https://youtu.be/2pTu04WD1Sw

We had some protests this weekend, nothing major. Holding up signs over the Pike in hopes that some fraction of the drivers who see it, might be moved to actually Google this dumb thing they likely hadn't even heard of.

Attached Files:

13. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can you believe I actually bought this thing months ago, before any of this current brouhaha? And I was thinking of putting a Palestine sticker on it for the lulz. But anyway, I got a couple of prebans already but I need another 10rd mag for when I take it out in public, you think IWI can provide or are they busy right now?

Attached Files:

14. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have never seen LPL this harsh. Bet you guys can't guess how he opens this gun safe.

15. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually had one of my handguns break on me yesterday. Broke the recoil spring on a ruger sr9, full size, not the compact. First time I've ever broke a gun.