Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Guns and Ammo Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by ILikePie, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That right there should be enough to say "nope" and give him a 2 year time out to think about shit.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I saw that on Reddit a few years ago. Someone posted that it was from his ccl class. He came in like that, the instructor called him to the front and sent him home. Apparently he was told to register for another class if he wanted but to not do that again.

I’m not sure if I believe the old Reddit post just like I’m not sure if I believe that one. Could have just been some stunt double on a movie set or something and the internet created a story about it.

or maybe people actually are that foolish

3. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is this your first day on planet earth?

The answer is: yes.

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Don't look for any relief in the ammo situation for at least a year. (Vista Outdoors is the parent company of ammunition brands Federal, CCI, Blazer, and Speer.)

vo.png

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Not gonna lie, I laughed.

[​IMG]

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I just picked up 200 rounds of Winchester 5.56 for $230 once taxes/shipping were totaled in. And I actually feel like I got a good deal. Shit. I should've jumped on the 1000 rounds of Norma that was available for $700 this morning, but I didn't.

Also, trying to find guns right now is nuts. I came across a new Riley AK for $1000...they're usually $700 or lower. Zastava zpap AK's are going for about $1300 on Gun Broker, about $300 more than I want to pay and there would also be a transfer fee added on. The only thing I can find AK wise is a Century Arms VSKA limited edition that doesn't have wood furniture for $1000. I researched and the VSKA doesn't seem to have the quality issues other CA releases have had, but I just don't like the thing.

I've also kind of been hunting a S&W 500 because I love hand cannons. The only one I've found is a 3.5" snub nose. I like hand cannons, but I'd have to hate myself to intentionally fire a 500 magnum out of a snub. No thank you.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Y'all may want to take a look at H.R 127.

I really don't see how the hell they're going to apply this to 300 million guns, but apparently they're willing to give it a try.

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

A picture of my poverty AR. I had it out to put on a new Ergo grip, and I'd planned to put a riser on the rail to install a red dot (The box in the back ground.) It turns out the riser is as long as my rail, so I'd have to remove the iron sights and my 45 degree QD to mount it. So apparently, this one is a finished project. Ah well, it makes a good beater.

ar.JPG

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Still looking for an AK, but I've at least some of the ammo covered. I found some brass Norma 7.62 for .50 and ordered 300 rounds. Now it's just a matter of finding a WASR or a Zastava available at a decent price.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Look what's out there for sale. Only $5k.

Completely useless, but I want one.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I'm drunk. I want an AK. I have ammo for an AK. The only AK available at a not stupid price right now is a Century Arms VSKA Limited Edition for $1K.

I'm about a half sip of beer away from buying one just because its the only thing available.

12. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

14. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea, and CZ makes so nice product. I am excited to see what this brings.

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They CZ75 is one of the most widely used handguns on earth and their rifles are excellent.

16. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a CZ ipsc pistol, it is a CZ 75 made for ipsc shooting. It is a lovely gun.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

True, but my understanding is that with the added Colt manufacturing, they can expand their NA offerings even more. Rather than build from scratch, they bought for pennies on the dollar, because they wanted to do that expansion.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

CZ might actually inject some life and quality back into Colt seeing as their offerings have been in the toilet for a couple of decades now. I hear CZ owns Dan Wesson so they know something about high end gun making.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

From the White House today:

wh.jpg

20. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Interesting angle. I like a lot of CZ does so I welcome the takeover.

Dan Wesson 1911s are the shit and made it hard to sell Nighthawks when compared side by side.

Fuck.

So this pair is like my piece de resistance. I finally finished them up last year. Both are Ruger no. 1s, chambered in .270 Win. with Leupold VX3 2.5-8s on top mounted with Warne QD rings. Stocks by yours truly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to redo so much little dumb stuff to get them looking like this, it was absurd. Mixing semi-gloss and gloss spar urethane 1:1 and cutting it with mineral spirits turned out to be the magic finish formula for the just right sheen that also sheds water like a duck. Both of these shoot about 1.5" groups at 100 yards, which is nothing really wild but they did it with every single load I tried in them and that is something.

I know why shadow line side panels are rare. I've learned sometimes I have to touch the fire to learn for myself that its hot, and those side panels were indeed very hot. Carving and finishing all those tiny edges to terminate together at the corners of the receivers was madness. As if doing two skeleton grip caps together wasn't.

I fucking hate those safeties. I had to spend an inordinate amount of time polishing little bits and lapping them in and fucking with the springs to get them operable. Awful. Had to spend way too much time on that shit.

Took me way too long to get these done but I'm still proud of 'em.