Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Guns and Ammo Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by ILikePie, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

No ragrats.

2. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m pretty happy with this. I don’t own a gun, but I’ve shot with friends once or twice a year over the last few years. Went to the range with friends yesterday and used the pistol range. Middle and upper right are 9mm with red dot sight. Lower right is a .22 with iron sights. Left lower and upper are 9mm Beretta with iron sights.

I don’t think that’s bad for someone with relatively no skill level and Bourbon shakes.

B20B6C74-93E1-470E-AEC9-67F091FC200F.jpeg

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like fun... what kind of distance were you shooting from?

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m going to say 30 yards, but that’s an estimate. I’m not that knowledgeable, but the targets were at the far back of the range.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When a subconsultant gives you a BassPro gift card for $100 and a contractor gives you a gift card for $100, you go and buy a Ruger LCP. Holy crap this thing is light. I really like it. I have pretty big hands - long fingers, but not meaty - and it feels good with the finger grip extension plate on. I've been carrying it in my front pocket in the little included sleeve holster. It barely weighs more than my cell phone. I haven't shot it yet, though. Will report back.

7. jason1214

jason1214
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

LCP is a decent gun. The one I have is a little picky with ammo. It doesn't like Blazer at all, but doesn't have any issues I've found with brass or defensive loads.

I imagine it would probably be fine with cheap ammo if I polished the feed ramp and things like that, but I've found ammo it likes so I don't really care.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good to know. I have all the .380 ammo I can ever shoot. It's law enforcement grade (Winchester), and I've never had trouble with it in my other two .380s.