Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Guilty Pleasures

Discussion in 'All-Star Threads' started by dubyu tee eff, Oct 25, 2009.

1. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Always a fun topic.

Focus: Share some of yours

I'll go first. That new Jay Cean song with Lil Wayne "Down." No one will ever know..cept you all.

2. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just so we're all clear:

Focus:

What do you want from me? They write catchy songs. Good luck getting this out of your head for the next two weeks.

#2 Beefy Phil, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eating a whole can of Redi-whip
    My girlfriend caught me once. I thought she had to stay late for a staff meeting but it was cancelled (God, this sounds like the beginning of an I-got-caught-beating-off story, doesn't it?). She walked in and found me laying down on the couch nursing that creamy aerosol nipple and watching an old episode of Ren and Stimpy that I found on one of the Nickelodeon channels. When I looked up and saw her, I just smiled and said through whipped cream-muffled words, "Want some?"

She laughed, laid down next to me, and shared the rest.

4. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Awwwww. So cute. Did you sing Love Will Keep Us Together when you were all done?

Barry Manilow. My housecleaning music. I don't care what any of you say, put on Copacabana and suddenly vacuuming doesn't suck quite so much. You know you're groovin' on it as you read this. Don't fight it.

EDIT: Vacuum always gets me.

#4 shegirl, Oct 27, 2009
  5. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would say it was screwing around on my last girlfriend, but to fall under this thread I would have had to have felt guilty about that.

Focus: The Cardigans. I love listening to their music for some reason, especially LoveFool. Fuck me sideways that song is fucking catchy.

Also: Pear Flavored vodka. Seems so girly, yet is so delicious:
    [​IMG]

6. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Definitely eating a bowl of Cheerios with four huge spoonfuls of sugar (The spoon I have is about half an ice cream scoop). Good shit, but I do worry about my teeth every time I eat a bowl. Oh, and getting diabeetus.

7. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

World of Warcraft

I am willing to talk openly about any catchy pop song, shitty food, lame TV show *coughAngelcough* sexual deviancy, whatever. But if someone mentions WoW I stay silent. It just seems to be viewed as strictly a thing for weird, nerdy guys who live in their mom's basement. I still want to maintain my facade of coolness and normalcy though.

There have to be more like me out there. I'd say let's hang out, but I haven't seen the sun in 3 days.

8. Silly_wabbit

Silly_wabbit
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Glee - which allows me to revisit my nerdy high school chorus days, semi-painlessly.

Kanye West's "Gold Digger." I hate all things Kanye, except that song.

Eating cereal in bed while reading a book. I'm not sure I can ever get married again, because I'm pretty sure most guys would judge me for this one. The right one hopefully won't.

Home repairs. My last expedition into the world of home repairs was saving $150 on a microwave installation. When I drilled through the 4-guage wire that powers my stove, it ended up costing me about $250 at home depot. I don't care. Knowing that I can fix things if I need to is priceless. Sometimes, literally.

9. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually, I think I banged her on the sofa while The Wild Thornberrys was on in the background. But if you must know, Take My Breath Away by Berlin was playing in my head. 'Cause I'm sensitive and shit.

#9 effinshenanigans, Oct 27, 2009
  10. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thoroughly enjoy peeing in the shower.

11. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Viva la Vida by Coldplay. If you put a gun to my head I couldn't tell you the name of one other song they've put out, but something about that song touches a nerve. The guilt I feel comes from the fact that liking that song has to make me at least a little bit gay.

Also, now that I think about it, any Michael Jackson song.

12. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

John Mayer
    I have his "Any Given Thursday" live CD from earlier in his career. Some of the songs are pretty bad, admittedly, but I'll be damned if "Covered in the Rain" is not a damn good song. Say what you will about him, But the dude can play the crap out of the guitar. I still keep this hidden from people I know, though.

Final Fantasy
    I outed myself as a closet FF nerd in the weekend drunk thread, so I might as well continue that trend here. I got hooked when I played IV for the first time when I was around 5 or 6, and I still play some of the games every once in a while for nostalgic purposes for a couple of reasons. One, you have to admit that the music is pretty amazing. Two, I've always had a weakness for a good story, which these games pride themselves on (omitting VIII which was absolutely terrible). The visuals are not really a selling point with me, and like some others have said, I don't mind the constant grinding out of levels. I'm not very good at other games, so these were a welcome change of pace when I was younger.

I still hide the game boxes when women come over, though.

#12 Blue Dog, Oct 27, 2009
  13. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That all depends on the cereal.

Focus: One hit wonders, really obscure ones at that.

For instance:

Don't judge me!!!

#13 Dmix3, Oct 27, 2009
  14. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a large shower that has front and rear shower heads with a tiled floor. Probably every second day I will sit on the tiles during the shower. I feel like a 4 year old kid but god damn it I have never found a better way to deal with a hangover.

15. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Mine are mainly music related, because everything else like TV shows (Degrassi TNG*) I have no problem admitting I like.

Pretty much any really catchy pop single that I come across while checking radio stations in my car, I will listen to.

As long as nobody else is in the car with me.

** I know the acting is subpar and the story lines get just downright ridiculous at times, but that show has me tuning in week after week. Though I haven't seen any of the new season because me and my girlfriend have been watching the first 8 seasons on torrents for the past few weeks, getting all caught up.

#15 Creelmania, Oct 27, 2009
  16. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dear world:

Go fuck yourself. Will Smith's album Big Willie Style is not even a guilty pleasure. It's just pleasure. That shit is hot, son. Stop insisting otherwise, y'all been put on notice.

Now if you'll excuse me, na-na-na-na-na-na-na, Na-na-na-na-na-na, getting jiggy wit it...

It's hard to describe, but my shower at home had a little space in the wall just big enough for my butt, that is right in the stream.

Yes, I'm so lazy that I will regularly sit down in the shower. Whatever. It's relaxing.

17. Jubes2681

Jubes2681
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'll watch Star Trek: TNG whenever it's on. I can't get enough of the cheesiness that was particularly in the first few seasons. Ah, Mr. Woof, how I love you.

And yes, I know this is a joke clip, but it's the first clip I found with "Mr. Woof" in it and I'm too sick to hunt around for another.

I will also watch The Fifth Element or Demolition Man whenever I find them on tv. I love those terrible movies. Solid gold guilty pleasures.

#17 Jubes2681, Oct 27, 2009
  18. DrinksOnTheHouse

DrinksOnTheHouse
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Intervention (although I am not sure if this is a guilty pleasure or a show I watch to feel better about myself) and Flipping Out (which really should never be admitted, ever).

19. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Music-related: The soundtrack to "Moulin Rouge"

TV: Moreso when I was still indulging in drugs, SpongeBob. I even volunteered to take the kids to the movie when it came out. Alas, even hydro laced with hash couldn't save that movie.

20. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Talk about a glory hole. This is like the XL model, a step up from the base.