Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Gruesome injuries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muley05, Jan 11, 2011.

1. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Could you post a picture of it in this thread to go with the previous picture of yours that went along with the "iron accident" from when you were 2. If my 2 year old wasn't smart enough to move their hand after a iron that was "cooling" sat on it long enough to cause a "gruesome" injury I would give them up for adoption.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Hey! 2 year old me pulled the cord on the iron and it fell on my hand. What can I say, I was a stupid baby. As an interesting aside, of all the people at my house the day of the accident (my mom and 4 sisters), there are four stories about how it happened and in what room. Only two stories match up even somewhat. Memory is a crazy thing, eh?
    Here is the bent ring:

My phone camera is shitty, but I think you can see the little side bracket that is pushed to the side. I was pulling a tall desk along a wall and my ring scraped the wall.

Attached Files:

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

iczorro's pictures of his feet reminded me of another injury. This time, I fell down concrete stairs outside my dorm while I was moving out for the summer. I was wearing flip flops at the time, so not only did I really badly sprain it (the doc said a break would possibly have healed faster. Damnit), but my toes and foot were all bruised and scabbed up. The swelling was so bad that I couldn't wear a regular sneaker for about a month and a half. It looked fucking horrible. I took pictures, but I am pretty self conscious about how nasty that foot looked.

Luckily, at the time I was carrying a huge basket of dirty clothes so I didn't smash my face into the railing at the bottom (it split into two stairs at the bottom).

To this day, my right ankle is really tight, doesn't move the same as my left ankle, and on occasion, hurts. Sprains can be a bitch.

4. rugbynonsense

rugbynonsense
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

One time my sophomore year of college me, a bunch of close friends, and my rugby coach went out drinking after a match. After several hours of copious alcohol consumption one of my friends who came out with us head butted me in the face, I told my friend he would pay for his treachery. An hour or so later I sprung into action to take my revenge, however in a booze fueled rampage I head butted the wrong member of our party, this wrong someone was my rugby coach. This drunken head butt resulted in my coach's head being split wide open from hair line to eye brow. He bled more then iv ever seen someone bleed in my life and got several stitches.

5. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Labor Day 2010 I left my house on a road bike with the ambitious goal of biking 89 miles in an effort to gain experience and to train for my upcoming 100 mile road race a month later. I had never completed such a distance in one day, but felt it was necessary to get ready for the century ride. Now, I had been training for months up to this point and never once had I forgotten my helmet, like I did on this morning. As luck would have it, I somehow didn't realize I was without until 6 miles into the ride, and I couldn't convince myself that the 12 mile addition to mt trip was worth it, so I shrugged it off and carried on. At about mile 22 tragedy struck. I was coming into a built-up urban area with high velocity after a long highway stretch, when I hit some rough, layered pavement on the shoulder, and I went head over handlebars onto a paved driveway.

When I awoke I was dazed and confused. My bike was 15 feet away in a heap on the edge of the road. My body ached all over as I noticed that my cycling apparel was torn and ripped to shreds in areas, and it was at that moment that I begun to assess the damage to my body. Road rash on my left hip, left elbow, lower back, right wrist, and on the heel of both of my hands. My forehead, nose, lip and chin were completely raw to the point of having a sheen. I suffered the same fate to my knees, only with more complete skin removal. My head was throbbing and had a huge egg on the crown of it, with an additional laceration. I have no idea how long I was knocked out in this driveway, but I'm nearly certain I received a concussion. I didn't remember the crash itself other than seeing the bad pavement as I was going over it, and I my only desire was to sleep. I felt mentally weary for the next two days. At the time I was completely out of it, to the point of not being able to complete sentences fluidly. 30 minutes later my roommate picked me up, describing me as looking ground beef.

After all of this I still felt very fortunate. Without a helmet and with those clip-in pedals on my feet I could have sustained a very serious injury, or at least some broken bones, but all told I really just suffered some cosmetic damage and a lingering headache. My skin healed in 2 weeks everywhere except for my knees, which took over 2 months to fully come around. I also discovered that there is no worse feeling than the reopening of raw wounds from the combination of raw knees and pants abrasion. For upwards of 6 weeks.

I did finish the 100 mile ride a month later, despite having my bike and body banged up from the incident.