Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Greek

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by The Squirrel, Oct 29, 2009.

1. The Squirrel

The Squirrel
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Yes this show is on ABC Family so rip me all you want. I'm curious if anyone else out there watches this? I watch every week with my girlfriend, she likes the cheesy stuff and I laugh remembering what some of the awkward situations were like in college.

Maybe it just hits home for me because I was a bit geekish going into college before hitting my social stride so to speak, also had a random roomate that turned into a super religous (Jewish) but super cool guy. I swear every episode there is something that reminds me of college.

I was not in a Fraternity so I don't know how accurate some of the stuff is but I had close friends in them and for something on T.V. it seems reasonable.

I also find a lot of the girls to be hot which helps.

If no one else watches i'll go back to my hole, otherwise i would be interested in hearing what others have to say about the show.

Edit: sorry just saw the reccomend a show thread right in front of me, this should have gone there.

2. adamL

adamL
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This is one of the most embarrassing shows I watch...and actually go out of my way to watch...My roommates mock me once they found me watching it on my computer.

I find it enjoyable and entertaining however is that not the purpose of TV? I blame the fact that I went to a Military College in the middle of nothing and spent my 4 years of college waking up at 5 AM for PT, hiding beers in book bags (dry campus), and defending my choice for sleeping with nasty/ugly girls.

This show is mindless fun so fuck the haters.

3. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was a senior in college, and yes, in a fraternity, when this show came out. A few of my brothers and some sorority girls watched it every week, mostly because it had some funny parallels to our real-life Greek system. It's one of those shows we could watch and see ourselves in.

I stopped watching once I graduated. I only ever tuned in to laugh with other Greeks at some of the stuff in the show that we did, and once I was out of that scene I lost interest in the show. I recently cancelled my DirecTV subscription because I'm moving in November, and lo and behold, a new season and a half of Greek was waiting for me on Hulu.

I want to be the one that hit Rusty in the face with a pledge paddle and I want to stab Casey's bug eyes out. They are both insufferable, whiny, self-centered cunts. Seriously. I don't think I have ever hated characters on a TV show this much.

That said, I would watch 44 minutes of Rebecca and Ashley any day. Cappy's hilarious and I still find some hilarious similarities between Kappa Tau Gamma and my fraternity. The show pretty accurately captures Greek life, but the Laguna Beach-style drama ruins it. Overall I'd say the show officially sucks. But I'll probably keep watching anyway.

4. The Squirrel

The Squirrel
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Was a little disappointed by the show....

1) Thought battlebots was great reminded me a little of the Big Bang Theory.
    2) Letting the 3 guys get expelled was weak on the parts of the Frat's as well as Kappy and Evan.
    3) Beaver always kills me, Jimminey was great.
    4) Rusty and Casey have been annoying as hell, looking forward to Casey going to the big house for the fire!
    5) Would like to see them come up with some new drinking games, maybe one for a movie or show that could also work for Greek.

Looking forward to next season hopefully having more from the supporting cast.

5. fishysticks

fishysticks
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I love Greek, i'm not ashamed! I think it's well written, and well acted.

Though i've been dying for Kappy and Casey to get together, I fear it's one of those "jump the shark" moments. Once you give everyone what they want, there's nothing left to give anymore.

6. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I don't see how it can weak on the part of Evan, to some extent. Yea, it was a dick move, but like he said, he was going to do whatever it took to "get his brothers back" even if it meant stabbing his friend-again Kappy in the back (even if he was trying to help him personally out by having him come with and warning him to run). It really didn't look like Kappy had a chance to go back and help the 3 from getting caught. The police had just shown up and were blocking the way back up to the guys. He was really shit our of luck...

And I can't believe I've just been discussing this. Where's my man card??

7. The Squirrel

The Squirrel
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I thought it was weak because it was basically planned this way for the KT's to be caught holding the bag and getting them busted for something like that can't be good for anyone in the greek system. It wouldn't be unheard of for the entire greek system to be put on probation for something 1 frat does.

The show needs a hot new freshman next season too.

8. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty sure that was the season finale. The thing is, ABC Family is a lot like USA. They split their seasons in half and usually go a month between each half, so that in effect, their shows run new episodes year-long.

Spencer Grammer is hot, who'd have thought Frasier Crane would have a kid that pretty? But the girl that plays Ashley is gorgeous.

9. PaleBlueDot

PaleBlueDot
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

#9 PaleBlueDot, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know it's an ABC Family show. I know it's "cutsey dramatic/comedic". I fucking love this show.

I actually appreciate ABC Family/USA's season structure. I can take a month off if it means I basically get a year round show.

11. BuckeyeFan

BuckeyeFan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

3) Beaver always kills me, Jimminey was great.

I love him. He is absoultely hillarious.

I'm wondering how this whole sorority house fire is going to play out. I also think it is so predictible that Evan is hooking up with the slutty girl ( I can never remember her name).