Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Great Moments in RMMB [& TiB] History

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BaseballGuyCAA, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Great Moments in RMMB History

Anyone remember the old JoJo's playground? Or the aftermath of that tidal wave poll when Jojo lost his shit? I don't think Tucker took something quite that far again, though I do remember seeing a Hurricane Katrina poll.

And for whomever said they were willing to talk from a former mod's perspective on what really happened; yes, I'm at least curious. This whole thing is interesting to me, kind of like that show "Wrecked." Obviously something major went down, and it would be really cool to see, in the same way what BrianH just wrote was really cool to read.

2. Jeff

Jeff
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

That was actually a true story. I was living in Mississauga, the town where it happened, at the time. Both her and her sister were convicted of getting their mother drunk and drowning her in the bathtub, then bragging about it on MSN, I believe. Given our ultra-lenient Young Offender's legislation here, they will likely be getting out of jail soon. It did make the local papers about how they were posting and discussing the case of the TMMB, along with nude photos.

As for memories, I have lurked for a long time, posting rarely. I had forgotten about jojo's games, which were hilarious to read about. I also second the hope that toytoy joins us here. I don't know why, but I find his rambling posts quite entertaining.

3. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Most of what I remember as being funny has already been mentioned, Blueberry boy, Crook, the first Wahoo, ect. But there is one member of one of the original boards that has not been mentioned...SirenX(sp?). That bitch was flat out crazy. Sometimes just deciphering her posts was a challenge.

4. Adjust_7

Adjust_7
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I think this is horseshit. I've been a member of his boards since the first months that he had a board. I have been a lurker since the the members were counted in hundreds. Tucker had a hissy fit. Pure and simple. The guy promised the world, got up on a goddamn mountain and said he was delivering the greatest movie man would ever witness. He swore, jumped up and down, and cursed down (with the panting help of his mods) anyone that had a different version of his truth. The movie fucking failed. It doesn't matter if 50% of the board members think its funny, or (har, har) revolutionary. It failed. And after making promises, swearing that he would explain this, share that, do this...well, without notice after 7 years, he takes the site down. And, now, it seems all of Rudius (Festering Ass v.2) is going away too. He lost. He packed up his shit. He went home. Maybe he'll take the content and make another book. Who cares? Do I really want to read a book, again based on content I already read, or for some of the members, wrote? Tucker Max the board admin, member, and poster, was fine. This whipped Jesus, tortured visionary stupidity? I don't care.

Maybe the TMMB will be back. Who cares? Tucker Max shit on a large portion of his fan base for no other reason than some dared question him. In the last year or two, I've only kept up with the Military thread and those in the Pop Culture board. The Idiot Board has rehashed too many topics, which each iteration worse than the last. And I think worst of all, with each wave of members that left for greener pastures, or their 30's, the one's that replaced them were increasing more prone to sucking Tucker's or the Mod du jour's cock.

I hope this board, this experiment, can keep much of what was good about the TMMB. And, frankly, without Tucker, without his grandiose bullshit and lies, I think that can happen. The threads and discussions herein don't need his force of personality to draw in the fecal caked masses into our kitchen. Like the pending zombie invasion, gather the strong around you, then lock the door and shoot everyone else in the head. Hey, if we're lucky, this board could be the next JV board. Or Freak Safari. :lol: <-- Like my emoticon now? Actually, I never liked them either. But, by all means, flame me for it.

5. Nick

Nick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Was she the one who was extremely long-winded? I remember there was a female board member who consistently needed 4 paragraphs to write 3 sentences. I think she was pretty smart, and generally a good contributor, but that was her schtick for a while. She may have had cancer or some major ailment that required substantial medical treatment. Anybody remember who I am thinking of?

6. Adjust_7

Adjust_7
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Something histrionics. I think a mod added that to her name.

7. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It could have been someone else, but it could have been SirenX. I don't remember if she had cancer or not, but she did admit to having some kind of mental illness. Yup, she was fucking crazy, but some of her rants were legendary.

Edit: I think Nick got the member you were thinking of.

8. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is one positive thing I will say about Tucker in relation to how he ran the board. Do you guys remember when he created/promoted threads? This ended a few years ago when he hired Benson to moderate the idiot board. Seriously, Tucker almost always found three decent threads per day. Benson promoted a list from cracked, and the top two articles on digg/fark/whatever. It was the same every fucking day.

So sure Tucker was fucking crazy, and thought he had revolutionized film, when in reality he just made beer league sans Artie. But the man knows what is and what isn't funny.

9. Proser

Proser
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

Proctor could be a condescending, insufferable dickhead...but he was also a funny motherfucker. His avatar of Jesus on the cross, with the caption, "Hate Me Now," used to make me laugh out loud every time I saw it.

10. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There were two threads I remember that I do not believe have been mentioned.

The first was "What turns you on?". That thread spread like wildfire in the Santa Ana Mountains, Posters and readers alike were having to head to the restroom to take care of business after reading just a couple of pages. I personally wasted an entire 8 hour day waiting for updates to that thread.

The second was on a Boobie, Booty posting war between two attractive posters. I believe one was Smurfette. The spent a day trying to outdo each other on pics to those two threads. That turned out to be another productive day.

11. Adjust_7

Adjust_7
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I wrote the original quote. And yes, you are correct. And I agree; I even wrote that I had no issue with Tucker as board moderator, member, and poster. But, just because you pointed out that Benson was shit, and many others around him were shit, does not make Tucker the sole arbiter of funny. If he wasn't funny, no one would ever have visited his Date website or the messageboard to begin with. But, the hope is that with a freer hand on the reins, threads and topics can be found that rival, nay eclipse those of the venerable Benson.

12. caveman drew

caveman drew
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Wow, I can't believe I've been around for most of those. Been lurking waaaay too long. The best thread I remember, and I think it was like one of the only threads lost when the board went down between 2003-2004 was the thread where people posted all the fucked up stuff that had happened to them. I can't remember the name of the thread, but it was the most honest and open thread the place ever had. Of course, the Roshkoch and CloudStarchaser debacles were hilarious and you couldn't help but feel terrible when we found out that FlyNavy or whoever it was had died after only contributing a little bit.

One thing I hated from the old board was the lack of follow through. I know there were countless people who donated money toward "boobs for bunny" and gave money for flowers for FlyNavy and didn't hear anything of it. Did anyone ever hear what came of the Dasy Fund? It was nice to donate money towards worthy causes like the flowers and the Dasy Fund, it just sucks when you never hear what happened to it.

Hopefully this board will try and bring what made the TMMB great. People for some reason connected on it, and it felt more like a community at the beginning than it did at the end where it was just Benson trolling the internet for forums for users to comment on.

13. Muney

Muney
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Smurfettes tits.

14. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Just as a matter of curiosity:

Grind-why did your rep all of a sudden plummet into the red so drastically?

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of my favorite recent moments was the Edwards guy and all his crazy evolution theories. I repped him saying that humans hadn't evolved much in the last 100 years and the height differences were nutrition related (which Geigs pointed out on the thread later). He sent me a hilarious pm titled "The dumb shit you spew from your cock sucker" and it was basically a long rant about how much we've evolved in ONE generation while accusing me of being a homo.

Pretty much all of my other favorite moments have been mentioned. The John Fitzgerald page might have made me laugh the hardest. I also liked the girl who pissed all over Tucker's mattress.

16. caveman drew

caveman drew
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Nah, that was between BowChickaBowBow and AnnaBanana. That day was hilarious with each of them running to the bathrooms at work and taking pictures. After that, the Boobie thread pretty much went downhill. Well except for the absurdity that was that Sarahhhh girl that also wrote the erotic literature about Tucker.

17. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought it was because he was raving about how high his rep had gone.

The board givith, the board taketh away...

18. annabanana

annabanana
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Yeah and like I mentioned in my recent rant, I just found all those pictures. No one should take that many photographs of their lady-junk. Eventually took them off RMMB due to a over-interested poster who somehow managed to locate me on the map. That sorta freaked me out and suddenly those titty shots being on the intarwebz seemed menacing instead of fun and harmless.

19. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know what would be the funniest thing ever done on the RMMB? If in fact Chater was Tucker Max. Talk about the joke being on everyone! I have no knowledge or information that this is the case, just thought it would be the ultimate ironic funny.

20. Degenerate

Degenerate
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The coolest moment for me was seeing the outpouring of generosity for that decorated marine that had his dog shot by some teenage dicks.