Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Great Moments in RMMB [& TiB] History

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BaseballGuyCAA, Oct 19, 2009.

1. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Great Moments in RMMB History

How could I ever forget that one? That was the first topic I ever read on the board. Adding to this, the Celebrities Topics were oddly entertaining, as were the Wahoos, especially of the various fat people message boards.

Wasn't that KimChi?

So all the material on SoupSandwich and what not were unabashed lies? That's insane. The guy must have been a hell of a chameleon, and had the natural ability of a fiction writer and actor combined.

2. BrianH

BrianH
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yep, it was all lies, just like his little hidden "I'm going to Iraq and might die" bullshit. Most of those stories were amalgams of incidents he had either heard about from other Rangers or read on other websites.

I won't go into the details of how he was finally outed, but there were a lot of people who had forgiven his Iraq transgressions and were helping him with other demons (an addiction to Vicodin, among other things) and found out he was a fraud. Needless to say, they are much more thorough in their vetting these days.

3. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess I'll ask you now: That thread about you, how much of it was exaggerated/blown out?

4. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A personal "cool moment" for me was having a thread get moved to the Permanent Threads section. By Ryan Holiday, no less. Awesome.

RIP, LOLFats.

5. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I completely forgot: for one reason or another, I collected the different "characters" from Gris' comics and put them on one big BMP file. I think it was so I could crop them while making my own comics during the Ballsack thread (if anyone wants THOSE, God willing, I somehow have had them this whole time as well). So for old time's sake...

Attached Files:

6. BrianH

BrianH
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I think that callout, while not my favorite RMMB moment (for obvious reasons), was certainly the most valuable.

It's been five years, and a lot of things have changed since then, but that was my first real exposure to how powerful a spin machine could be. I remember reading that thread at work, and reading a drama... starring me... that I had no recollection of living. Sure, there was a factual base, even things I had written (mostly in jest), but they were pieced together in such an artful way that it painted a COMPLETELY different picture from what I thought I had experienced. A friend of mine asking me to help him write silly TV show treatments became "stealing material". Writing sarcastic private messages became "brazen maneuvering". Asking Nils to help edit what I had written became "recruiting Nils to work against him". Being hung-over and strung out on Red Bull became "coked out of his mind".

I was a 23 year old douche bag, and acted as such. Was I a maneuvering, spineless liar? No. Does that mean I'm proud of the person I was back then? Absolutely not; my personality was a train wreck. No matter how innocuous my intentions and actions had been, I learned a powerful lesson about the value of perception vs. reality that I carry with me to this day, and that has helped me an immense amount in my current professional.

So for that, RMMB, I thank you.

As an aside, it's funny that I still get the occasional hate mail from that thread.

7. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That still seems a little insidious and fucked up.Why go to such lengths to make you look bad? I never understood some shit the mods pulled. For all their talk to the contrary, they often seemed like they took the boards seriously more than anyone. Everything seemed like it had a tightly controlled spin/message to be conveyed, which I can understand. But the posturing and related behavior was a bit much, if not transparent.

8. PrsPirate

PrsPirate
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

You guys covered most of the old stuff.

As for recent stuff, that photoshop thread where we mocked the anti-rape protesters cracked me up.

Also, Im not sure if it's been mentioned, but TravDaddy still definitely wants to have sex with a dude.

A dude.

9. Sean Daley

Sean Daley
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I don't think it really gets better than that complete moron who bought his boss a dildo and video taped it for us. Then the random ass cartoon drawings he did.

I still am not sure if he was being serious with what he would post, but the amount of laughter I had from his posts (until they just got stupid) was astronomical.

10. Morblitz

Morblitz
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I always laughed whenever he came back with some retarded new story and thought he had a special privileged speaking right. He'd make threads in the pop culture section, and the advice section, anywhere that allows members to make post threads freely. He'd spew his horrible musings, and then close with an instruction to the mods to move his garbage to the idiot board, where he must have imagined we all were all waiting with baited breath. To be fair, his first thread was great, and watching it unfold was one of the greater moments in RMMB history, but after that he was like a drugged out child star clamoring for attention, and trying to make a comeback in The Lost Boys 2: Get Lost.

He had absolutely no awareness as to why Tucker and the mods were actually keeping him around, and why exactly we all found him entertaining. Brilliant.

11. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've gotta say the Gris cartoons brighten up a day nicely, it's a shame I didn't get to save any of them.
    It's not so much an exact moment, but I'd observed the board for about a year before I joined, and it seemed to be getting better and better. Sure, things might have fallen by the wayside, but it was interesting to just see this group of moderately-to-highly-intelligent people arguing, laughing, or relentlessly ripping on each other.

BrianH: when did that info come out? I only have read the Reaper thread, I wasn't around at the time.

12. Ryan Leaf

Ryan Leaf
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I think most of the significant moments have been brought up, but one freaky one I remember was when a fairly prominent female board member (maybe Artemis? Can't remember who) went to a big Tucker hosted party in Chicago then slept with five or six board members over the weekend and then proceeded to have a public breakdown when it got out. Some people took that place waaaay to seriously.

Also when Tucker decided he was going to have a harem, live on a compound and homeschool his inevitable wunderkids and people thought it was the best idea ever. Nothing cultish about that.

13. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Wow-I was around for the whole Reaper business, but had no idea he was never even a Marine. It was also a shock to find out recently on the old board that Soylent Green pulled something similar-they both seemed like real, stand-up guys.

14. dan ruckus

dan ruckus
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I think my favorite had to be the Michael Crook call out thread.

I doubt I will ever see such a well executed smack down on display in real time like that.

He also lived less than 20 minutes away from me and after all of his public information was posted (phone number, address), I was getting PMs from people offering me money to go to his house and beat the shit out of him which made it all the more funny for me.

15. mattyblu

mattyblu
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

For me, it's tough to top the advice board. It provided some great comedy, with all of the tools getting shredded by the mods in the Ask Tucker forum, and also some incredibly valuable advice in the permanent threads. That's pretty damn good bang for your buck in one forum.

I was only on the old board for a couple years, but the Tucker/BrianH thread really stands out for me as one of the most hilarious threads. That thread was like an avalanche; the more you read, the funnier and crazier it became.

16. Gumby

Gumby
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I really miss the blueberry heir and the cloudstarchaser douche. It's sad to see the old board go, but oh well, hopefully this one takes off and gives me an escape from work.

17. Adjust_7

Adjust_7
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

In my opinion, Nils did have some good moments, but I never considered him a front-runner. He'd have a few zings here and there, but he wasn't one of the best back in '02/03. Slingblade (wasn't he Hate back then? Or AK?) was one always one of the best though. If not the best.

I always thought it was amusing that in the last few years, everyone would call for a wahooing. And have no idea that Wahoo, my fellow Ft. Lauderdale madman/member, started the vicious Internet attack that included calling personal phones. Now, the other "wahoo's" were fun, but that first one...wow.

I miss the rep points and vcash that I lost every reboot for randomly bringing up the Rosh masturbated on a sleeping girl's leg incident.

I think one of my favorite daytime drama's was when BrianH slept with a drunken Taryn, who was dating Reaper375, who actually had a pregnant girl at home...and he wasn't even who he said he was...

What I hope never to see again? XgataX and Joethefat picture.

- adjust_7

18. Adjust_7

Adjust_7
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I think Artemis slept with more board members than Tayrn. The only one I think she didn't fuck was Proctor. And that was the basis of an entire All-Star thread.

19. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The most personal fame I ever had was coining the term "Frankendouche" on one of the wahoo threads. I forget who it was about but the original thread title was "Superdouche" until I made a comment about the guy looking like he was pieced together from lesser douches. I called him Frankendouche and within hours the thread title was changed.

anti-focus:

The only person I can say I actually hated on the old boards was The Bunny. I just could not stand her constant allegations of sexism. Most of it was hypocritical bullshit but she would snap on anyone who called her out. She could spin any story about a woman into sexism. Woman fired from job? Rich white men control everything. Woman goes insane? Yep, white man's fault. I got into a few rep/pm fights with her over the years.

20. BrianH

BrianH
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I dated a crazy girl from the board for a while, who decided to break up with me right around the time of the BrianH callout and go live with Proctor. I remember getting a phone call from her one afternoon; Proctor, tired of her shit, had handcuffed her to the banister before going to work.

Awesome.