Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Great Moments in RMMB [& TiB] History

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BaseballGuyCAA, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I am sure it's old to many of you, but sincd this gets brought up more than anything that ever happened on the RMMB, I was wondering if someone could be so kind as to give me the Cliffs Notes on Cloud Starchaser and this Hero Destiny doohickey. I was not around, but since you always bring it up I would love to know the actual Story.

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anyone else remember the "Oops, guess I'm buying diamonds today" thread/debacle, otherwise know as the Ice Cream Cake Girl incident?
    It was supposed to be a thread about forgeting birthdays/anniversaries/etc, and what you had to do to make up for it.

I wrote the post for that one (involving an ice cream cake that got thrown out on the front lawn) on a Friday afternoon right before I left work, and because I had no internet access at home, I didn't check back in until the following Monday.
    When I did, I saw that I had several messages waiting to be read, and my rep points had gone up significantly.
    All of the messages and rep comments were things like: "Thanks for starting the biggest shitstorm on the board in a long time," and "I don't know what the Bunny's problem is."
    As it turns out, my post triggered a huge rant from her that derailed the whole thread. She said that she would have "shoved the cake up my ass" at one point. She got so livid that some of the male moderators spoke in my defense, notably dietcokehead, and that guy normally hated me.
    It devolved into an arguement between the male posters and the females over whether I was an asshole or the victim.
    If I remember correctly, a few guys got banned for daring to disagree with the Bunny. I'm surprised that I wasn't banned.

And I wasn't there for any of it. By Monday morning, the Bunny had locked down the thread, and a few weeks later she completely deleted it.

3. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Basically this kid legally changed his name to Cloud Starchaser, created a web site called the Heroic Destiny Squad, which was suppose to be a collection of superheroes, he had a couple friends on there as well. He also had some other blog like fantasy posts describing harnessing energy and other fantasy stuff. He came to RMMB wanting to pimp his site, so he tried to get a thread dedicated to it. When the thread opened everybody was laying into him about how stupid his website was and how he was a pathetic* loser.

The guy never went away and kept saying that he'd be famous before Tucker and the like. I forget the exact details but Tucker came up with a bet that if he became famous before Cloud that Cloud would get a vasectomy, that he would draft a contract for the bet and they would meet at a bar to sign it, the signing was supposedly a big board event too. Cloud couldn't get into the bar (something about his ID) and got into a fist fight with KungFu Mike (who had been calling Cloud's mother) outside the bar. Tucker also said that Cloud kept trying to change the terms of the contract on the spot so he decided to drop the bet altogether.

Shortly after that Tucker perma-banned him and wouldn't allow anyone to mention him or anything about him so he wouldn't get any free press.

That's how I remember it at least, I'm sure I have at least one or two things missing/wrong.

*Everyone except Bunny who thought he was hilarious, she and Tucker actually kind of got in a fight when he started deleting encouraging posts by her.

4. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who was the guy who always used to post pictures of his "hot ass wife" and their dumb little yorkie on the Picture thread and then he basically got lit up cause it was all a farce and people posted pictures of her as a band groupie and such? He was a very regular poster and then he just vanished, probably because he was e-dominated. The internet is alot easier navigated than people realize.

One random thing I've noticed, the reps here are so much more entertaining and cordial. They usually have to do with similar experiences, corrections, etc... Back on RMMB, I swear every 10th rep I would get would be some aggressive dig or e-insult from some internet toughguy. Here if people don't agree with something minor, if it doesn't get mentioned in a later post, it usually gets a "meh" and we all move on. I don't miss the passive aggressiveness of some of those morons.

5. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, you still get some of that around here. This one was kind of baffling, it had basically nothing to do with the post:

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I don't remember much about Cloud Starchaser other than there was some TMMB meetup somewhere, and Kung Fu Mike beat the shit out of him.

7. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

Sadly, a fellow Eagles/Flyers/Phillies fan if I remember correctly.

8. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't seen it in years but it looked like the fight was even at best, possibly in the favor of Cloud, the board hyped it up as a one sided beat down but it wan't anything close to that.

9. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I don't think he actually beat the shit out of him. I think it was pretty evenly matched, and that eventually someone stepped in?

10. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What, he sounds perfectly normal to me.

#530 zyron, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  11. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is he single?

#531 Queen-Bee, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  12. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like, basically, I think you should, like, ask him out, you know? And maybe, like, see what he says?

I'm guessing that your best bet would be to ask him via Twitter. If the aliens haven't hacked his account yet, that is.

Seriously though: what the fuck is up with the inflection of his voice at the end of every sentence. Is he asking me something? Telling me? I really have no fucking clue. I thought that was just a Valley Girl thing.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Apparently dumb bitch-itis afflicts both sexes.

14. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I take it you haven't talked to any fratboys recently.

Also:
    Every time I read this I crack up.

15. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Hey, that was me - I remember writing that, and how much I was enjoying ripping into that kid! Glad you liked it.

Tucker pulled together some interesting personalities to moderate that site. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, but very few of the mods were without a voice of their own. Some of those people have become actual friends of mine, people I've worked with or socialize with, and frankly I'm thankful to have met them.

Okay, and some others, not so much.

16. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's funny. I found a pile of paper of stuff that I printed off a couple years ago. I hadn't looked at them since last winter. It's a bunch of my favorite posts on the RMMB; tokens of advice that were well worth saving. Quite a few of them were from the "Passion, The Passionless, and Fear" thread. The above post (because it's my favorite of the whole bunch) was right at the top. How 'bout that.

And, in the upper-left corner was Uncle Sam, unmistakably telling me what's what.

[​IMG]

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who else remembers the Beast Forum thread on the RMMB?

Beastforum.com was/is an online messageboard for bestiality enthusiasts.

I never really got a chance look through that thread because it wasn't safe for work, and at the time the only internet access I had was at work, but what I did see was pretty hilarious.

One guy claimed to have had sex with a walrus.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The biggest regret I have learning about the old board is that I missed the John Fitzgerald Page incident. The RMMB had many crazy moments, mostly before I joined but this...

This clown was literally made famous by the RMMB, who roasted him so badly he ended up being voted "Worst Person In The World" and got a guest spot on Dr. fucking Phil for it.

Of course, there was also his Match.com post that sealed the deal:

...that, ladies, was posted by this man:

[​IMG]

I just made the entire board moist.

19. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, I do remember something that's stuck with me. Something Max wrote. I didn't save it, so I'll have to paraphrase:

20. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My favorite moments from the old board almost all involved Savage Henry or Sewer Pig. I would genuinely call both of those guys friends I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet. The fact that the savage one is not on here at all, and that Guitar man posts infrequently saddens me. I remember a pm conversation Suapyg and I had about a joke I made about O.J. Simpson that seemed to piss off EVERYBODY. You guys are flaming mods, but Pig really swung against people in defense of my position, and was really supportive via pm.

Other than that, there were a few threads that seemed had massive potential to degenerate into absolute shit, but somehow maintained at least a semblance of intelligent discussion. The transsexual thread springs to mind.

Oh, and I really enjoyed the last summer Olympics thread.

From here, my favorite moment is probably every weekend drunk thread. Oh, and of course the magical time before Hooker took her boobies off of the board. From here on out I think we should refer to that as B.P. (Before Pooperi was a complete and total ass hat, and ruined the entirety of the internet.) Or the time of the great good.(ies)