Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Great Moments in RMMB [& TiB] History

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BaseballGuyCAA, Oct 19, 2009.

1. BaseballGuyCAA

BaseballGuyCAA
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Since, for the most part, everyone colonizing this particular board is an alumni of the since-doomed RMMB, this should have some legs. Let's kick things off by looking back fondly on what once was.

Focus: What was your favorite memory of the old board? While the content might be gone more or less for good, we can still fill some of the void by recollecting our favorite memories of the place.

For me, it had to be the Advice Board. Probably the perfect storm of room-temperature IQs waiting to be mocked, sharp-tongued-if-a-bit-dickish mods waiting to mock them, and the occasional important life lesson. Simple, yet so effective.

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Re: Great Moments in RMMB History

Simple, shitpussy.

3. Mash

Mash
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Since I see he has made his way to this board...I always enjoyed BlueDog's drunken posts and recipes for cooking roadkill. That coonass makes me laugh.

4. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Fornicat thread, mainly because I know him in real life and laughed my ass off at everyone making fun of him. I'm just pissed I couldn't save some of those pictures from the thread. When Tucker was in Omaha the fornicat wanted me to print off one of the photoshops and have him sign it, but the bar Tucker went to is one of the douchiest bars in Omaha and it really wasn't worth it.

5. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

meatstaff.

Gris' comics, ripping on Ballsack, Frebis' homophobia & the many "member's creative" threads we had.

6. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was just a lurker at the time but the Hotwheelz "ask a cripple" thread was probably the funniest thing I have read on a message board.

7. fuzzzy

fuzzzy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This one goes way back (maybe '05?): The CloudStarChaser Ordeal. We weren't really allowed to talk about it over there since they decided they wanted to be rid of that lunatic forever, but witnessing that whole 70-some page thread go down in real time was absolutely hysterical. Now that Tucker has had a movie come out, someone needs to find that guy and make good on the bet of him being sterilized.

The heir to the blueberry thrown, Dimeo III, is a close second.

8. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of drunken hillbillies........

Calling on toytoy88!!! Come on Honey - put down the moonshine, shotgun and backhoe and come find us over here.

9. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The how do you wipe your ass thread changed my life forever, and not in a good way. But it was fucking hilarious. I would go back and read it every few months if I was bored.

10. hurray

hurray
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

This goes way back too. Any of you guys remember a Mod naamed Reaper 357? That guy was hillarious. Tucker threw a huge party for him when he said he had to deploy to Iraq, and a lot of people came just to see him off.

Then we find out that the guy wasn't in Iraq at all. It was epic.

11. Wendel

Wendel
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

There were so many hilarious moments from that board it's tough to narrow it down to one. From BrianH, RoshKosh, Twinkietoes, LovelyBarbie, Dimeo, that Cloudstarchaser kid, Reaper to all the weird wahoos over other forums, that place was just fucked up beyond belief.

I'll miss it for the hilarity it provided when I needed a distraction from real life, but really, the best days of that place were so far behind, it took the shut down of it for me to realize how stagnant and shitty the board had become. At the end, the heavy-handed moderation didn't make it worth while to try to add to the discussion. Hopefully that won't be the case here.

One of the relatively recent threads I laughed a ton with was the "Ask A Cripple" discussion centering around HotWheelz. I was just amazed how positive and funny a kid in that kind of situation could be. Even while I was pissing my pants laughing, I think the kid let a lot of people know that they don't have all that rough a life.

If we can somehow get the All-Star Threads transferred one day, that would be awesome. There is so much funny in a lot of those posts, especially the earlier ones. The one post that got me hooked onto that board was "Proctor Pretends He's a Man: Fails Miserably". Pure gold.

12. CoolHandPete

CoolHandPete
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I loved the wahoo threads. The guido one was hilarious, as was the CloudStarcher debacle, which was just mentioned. I loved hitting refresh over and over and laughing my ass off.

I also just loved the stories people have. God, some of you are fucked up. And hilarious.

13. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Cloud Starchaser was right around the time I first discovered the TMMB, and I knew I had found something worthwhile. I spent way more time lurking/posting occasionally on that message board than I did on Tucker's actual site, and it was probably the only reason I really kept up with him and what was going on. To be quite honest I laughed way harder from lots of threads on there than his stories. Not that the stories weren't funny. But the message board 2 or 3 years ago was just something else all together.

Does anyone know what happened with Sunshine or whatever, the girl who killed her mom or something? Bizarreness

14. CoolHandPete

CoolHandPete
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Shit, also the LTribbey bullshit and the BCWoods saga. That was some odd stuff.

15. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope that Leaping, Screaming Asshole registers here again.

16. McIntyre

McIntyre
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

The first Barbie topic was so hilarious, especially when someone found some scary fucking poetry and fanart done by that guy who kept defending her.

Actually, it was a link to that topic from another board that brought me to the RMMB for the first time.

17. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My favorite was when Tucker didn't delete the board including everything we had posted because his ego got an ass kicking because of the fact his movie didn't do well. Those were the good days.

18. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Nothing beat the Advice Board as a source of humor. I used to choke laughing at some of the sarcastic responses from the mods.

19. aesthetic

aesthetic
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

My favorite two were certainly the 'Awkward Pillowtalk' threads and the 'Internet's Twilight Zone.'

The Awkward Pillowtalk threads stand as an example of what, to me, made the board great. A bunch of bizarre individuals that lead bizarre lives giving us a small window into the experience that molded them. Plus, I like potty-talk.

The Twilight Zone stands out to me because...it was honestly the weirdest shit I've seen in my entire life. I've always enjoyed watching the members of the board prey on the internet's stranger citizens like vultures on fresh carrion. It fucking sucks the site is dead, I hope this one can provide some of the same entertainment.

20. T-Watling

T-Watling
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Joey Porsche. I don't think I've ever seen a better mix of wahooing and caption contests. The destruction of people and the wahooing was just fantastic to watch and be a part of. I'll always remember calling one guy (I think he sent Tucker angry e-mails about banging his girlfriend) and just laughing when he kept asking me; "South Africa? That near Houston?"