Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Googled

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diablo, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I shit you not.

This is especially hilarious because I have a French Acadian surname.

Edit: I am also a Doctor who specializes in the neuromusculoskeletal system with a passion for nutrition and exercise, a RE/MAX agent and a chiropractor. All of my namesakes have vastly superior lives than myself... other than the kid with the same name as me in high school who got busted for selling weed to a narc on school grounds. My life is probably slightly better than his. Maybe.

Attached Files:

2. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Googling my name is either things that are about me, or types of Persian rugs.

3. BadBrains

BadBrains
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Almost all of what Google spit out was about me personally. Linked, Facebook, some Marine Corps stuff. Nothing entertaining.

One hilarious thing though - I made Honor roll in High School exactly once, 3rd semester of my junior year. What comes up in a Google search of my name?

"(High school name) honor roll students, Apr 5th, 1999".

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are a few people that have my name. Nothing to interesting. Ones a real estate lawyer in Chicago and I just found another went to LSU. There was a few medical journal entries from someone with my name having to with the spine but nothing amazing.

5. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Google just brought up a link to a Facebook search under my name.
    I wasn't on spokeo. There were 25 people with my name, but none of them me.
    I would have thought with my past, something would come up for sure.
    Looks like I win this time, internet!
    Oh, and y'all know that background-check website that has been advertising left and right lately? It's total bullshit. I couldn't find myself or anyone I knew on there.

6. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm the only person with my name, but according to some website, I'm in my 40s, married, yet STILL live with my parents.

7. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Among other things I'm a bigamist, a Fedex freight driver who placed second in the 3-axle class, an employee of the Pennsylvania SPCA, and I used to play soccer for Harvard.

I was also surprised to find that the real me ( my name is not very common) is all over the web in a variety of languages, including a French version of LinkedIn.

8. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am completely shocked at how many people have the same name as me. My first name I can understand, its pretty common, but my last name? I'm also a Jr and there are quite a few of those mixed in. There are at least 30-40 people with my name living in 12 different states. However, the family tree page I made several years ago comes up second on the Google list. After that it's a real estate company, with a really cool logo that I'm stealing because its MY fucking last name, a couple of guys who wrote books, and various sundry professions.

9. PeruvianSoup

PeruvianSoup
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Spelling my name in its long form or short form yields nothing interesting. Those intent on Googling me get an exact hit... on LinkedIn. Otherwise, the hits come up as a weird combination of better educated dentists, businessmen, architects and kung fu masters. Oh, there's also some kind of goofy white Internet sensation that based the shit out of my name. It's okay though, he added a hyphen. Bastard.

10. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I am apparently
    A skanky girl who works at Mcdonalds In Valley Forge
    One is the A Chem Major at OU.
    I may be in my late 40's

There are only two people with my name in the USA, and they both live in Ohio, which I just left....

11. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My name is too unique to pull up anything random.

And it reminded me of being a pallbearer in my grandmother's funeral last year. Thanks Google!

12. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am a very distinguished naturalist in New York.

Other than that, I actually have a pretty common name. Everything from funeral homes to lawyer firms are named after me.

13. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    I stuck to using only my first and last names (I have 2 middle ones, of which one is unfortunately, very unique and so I left them both out), and apparently I am:

- an agent for Sotheby's International Realty in Colorado
    - a patent attorney from Edinburgh, Scotland
    - a former Aussie Rules Football player
    - a possible Electrical Contractor from Australia (might be the same footballer bloke, but couldn't find further details)
    - a high school Track and Field Athlete from British Columbia
    - an insolvency practitioner from Lancashire in the UK

It took me 4 pages to find a link to me, and it's was for my Twitter account. There were at least 3 Facebook accounts, too, in addition to the guys I noted above.

There were a lot of links that led to the realtor, though.

14. madamsquirrel

madamsquirrel
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

According to google with my new married name I am a real estate agent (which is funny because if you google my previous name you get all the results of my real estate career and nothing else because my first married name is very uncommon), a marketing professional, assistant director of counseling at a theological seminary, and a vice president of women's health and urology.

15. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a bass player, I specialize in about 20 different areas of surgery, I'm a soccer player (who actually went to the same college I did at the same time), and a member of the Australian parliament.