Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Gold Rush, Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Arctic_Scrap, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It looks like the Hoffman crew possibly, maybe, might have a decent operation? It's obvious Volvo has some type of deal with the show now, with all that new equipment and all. I still wish they would just do without the dramatized bits and focus more on getting to the gold but I know it's not going to happen. If nothing else, I still enjoy the show as the equipment they work with is at times pretty similar to what I work with and I think it would be a blast to try out mining like that for a summer.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah the amount of actual cool knowledge and history that could be explored if they didn't have to have some shaky cam running, Todd yelling "FRICK!," and cutting to commercial. Lordy Ill have to remember to record this to keep up.

3. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, it is what it is, and that is not Breaking Bad for sure. That's prime rib. Gold rush is cotton candy. I like both.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, it is what it is, and that is not Breaking Bad for sure. That's prime rib. Gold rush is cotton candy. I like both.[/quote]

I mean I like it, but sad to see so much potential for good content wasted on reality theatrics. I remember watching a gold panning show on an outdoors network years ago that went over a couple of different ways hobbyist go about prospecting. One segment on a dude that sucked beach sand out of some Oregon beach and bought a new Corvette every year with his findings enthralled me more than how they pull this off.

5. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I find myself agreeing with you guys. The first season was exceptional, because those guys knew fuck all about mining and kept failing spectacularly. Now they sort of pulled their heads out of their asses, got some decent equipment and are on their way to succeeding. And yet, the formula of the show is still the same. I wish there were more cut-ins and explanations of what's going on.

Who the fuck is that dude that Parker hired? He's right out of some cartoon. It seems he's going to be the fuck-up this season.

Also, I love how everyone negotiates in this show. "I'm just going to pull my pants down, grease up my ass and bend over this here barrel. Please don't fuck me."

6. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Just finished watching the last 2 episodes and that might have been too bold a claim to make.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Once again the under age miner is ahead of everybody. The big issue I have this season is that somehow after being past broke five times over Todd, who had to beg for loans, can buy or rent hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment and employ two groups of miners on multiple claims. Just a reality show paradox they aren't going to address. Also, Todd's dad has become a ghost on the show. He used to fart around the whole time in the excavator yelling about glory holes. Now he barely gets screen time.

8. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

He has had a good start, but seems to lack decisiveness. When Fred had a problem with an incompetent miner, he told the guy to fuck right off. When Parker faced a similar situation, he was more like "Meh, what can I do?" Although the dude in question is interesting to watch, he seems to cause more trouble than he's worth.

9. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But they did address this. They had a stand alone show before the season started where Todd and Dave met with a roomful of investors and gave a presentation. They received their funding from this.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My bad then I never saw that. Though the thought of watching this idiot mining for two disastrous seasons and still getting that type of investment seems like a stretch.