Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Goin' to the dogs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jun 22, 2010.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

The rest is here.

Wow. I've always said when I come back, I wanna be a dog. If I were her kid I'd be embarrassed. I'd be pissed yeah but how humiliating.

FOCUS: It's well known we are a dog loving board so, admit to something you've done to utterly spoil one of yours (and/or your pets in general). Something you wouldn't tell anyone. Or, just talk about the story.

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Yes, I bumped my own. Bite me.

3. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well since you asked so nicely, sure why not.

4. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

1 jar of JIF creamy peanut butter and a rainy afternoon to ourselves.

Don't knock it till you try it.

5. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First of all, fuck Brett Carr. Only 1 million? Go eat a bag of dicks! I know he's her son, but this doesn't exactly sound like a loving family. He's lucky to get anything at all, especially a full million. I could live an entire lifetime on that.

The whole "conspiracy" seems kind of far-fetched to me as well. Without knowing more details it's hard to pick a side. As it stands, I'd say that the aides and bodyguards who helped Gail Posner in her final years deserve more than her son.

But I could be wrong.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I love dogs, I have been a dog owner, but dogs don't need to be spoiled. We're talking about an animal that willingly eats its own shit. Why waste money? If you feed them and love them, that's all they truly need in life.

As far as the crazy bitch at the top goes, if I were her son I'd dig her up and beat the shit out of her corpse. What a complete fucking tool.

7. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My Dad and our dog both died in the same car crash. No one knows how his final minutes happened after the accident but I have no doubt it was spent worrying about the dog. He was at the time a 17 year old Shetland Sheepdog who had every meal bought from the butchers and cooked by my Dad before being fed to him.

When people go to college their rooms are often turned into studies, mine instead was turned into the dogs. From the ages of 17-24 if I had to stay at my parents I was forced onto a futon in a spare room because the dog had my childhood bed with paw print sheets and all.

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, this isn't about a dogs, but they are pets, so it counts.

I am very particular about the mice I feed my snakes (Ball Pythons). I pick out the biggest, healtiest looking ones at the pet shop/feed store, then I bathe them by putting them in the sink filled with soapy water, so my snakes aren't eating dried shit and piss that is stuck to the mice.
    I let them swim around in there for 5-10 minutes, then rinse them off and put them in a clean aquarium where they will stay for the next few days as I feed them a balanced diet (dog food) and observe them for any diseases or other maladies.
    I make sure that they have a wheel to run on (I want my snakes eating healty, athletic mice, not couch potatoes!), and right before I feed them to the snakes, I give them carrots to eat, that way the snake gets vitamin C and its immune system is in top condition (The snakes digest everything, even the stuff in the mouse's stomach. It's like giving it vitamins).
    And yes, I feed my snakes live mice. They wont eat dead ones. I've tried.

9. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Well, if I didn't invite your scorn with my admission of a small Warrant obsession or my attitude towards alcohol, this should do it.

Every week I buy a rotisserie chicken from Safeway or Superstore, specifically for the purpose of cutting it up and feeding it to my dogs with their food. They never get a meal without some kind of fresh meat mixed in with it. I was going through the checkout once and the cashier said to me, "Oh, these chickens just smell so good. It makes me hungry," and I realized that I have ruined the smell of roast chicken for myself; I associate it with dog food.

Don't judge me.

10. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You most likely are wrong, since it's not only the dog that got $3 million; the bodyguards got $5 million and $10 million each, and the housekeepers were given similar amounts. And exactly how much contact does one even have with the house bodyguards? This alteration to the will occurred only a few years before the woman's death, when she was heavily medicated and senile.

In situations like this, when a direct descendant is given next to nothing, and random servants are given huge amounts in a sudden, last-second change to the will, the courts will rule in favor of the former.

It's not "fuck Brett Carr"; it's "fuck Gail Posner".

11. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not too long ago my dog was dying. He was blind, in kidney failure, and had a litany of other problems. He also wouldn't eat. But, he did like Arby's roast beef sandwiches. I went to get him the 5 for $5 deal and this old black Southern lady said "I made these extrey thick fo ya, hun." I said, "Thanks ma'am, but these are for my dog." I should've just said "Thanks."

12. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Maybe, just maybe now, if Brett Carr weren't such a dick and took care of his own mother she might have left him something a little more substantial than a paltry one million dollars. Keep in mind that no one involved here is earning any of this money, it's all money someone else made.
    I'm sure this little bitch is going to make out alright, they'll probably award him all the money that his mother 'should 'have left him.
    This guy couldn't be bothered to realize his mother was sick for a few years? Maybe letting a domestic staff brainwash her wasn't a good idea? I don't know the logistics or even care too terribly about what happens. I think that people should take care of their loved ones when they get older. Especially when they're in the position to leave you some serious fuck you money. Does this guy have some kind of job that wouldn't permit the time needed to give the mom unit a hug? C'mon, this family has been rich for their whole lives. This guy didn't see it coming?

13. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Perhaps. Then again, who knows the situation with this fucking family? Keep in mind that Gail Posner's money technically wasn't her own; it's what her husband left her in a will. She didn't "earn it", either.

Again, who knows? It might be that this Brett Carr character (do you guys know him from some reality series or something? I've personally never heard of him before...) is a really shitty son, or maybe this Gail Posner clown was a really shitty mother and he wanted nothing to do with her when he grew up.

Either one is a possibility, although my bet is on "both".

14. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feed my dogs large chunks of sashimi grade tuna, they really savor the bluefin.

15. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feed my cats catfood. I seem to be the minority.

16. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dog gets dogfood. Occasionally some meat left over from dinner if she's been good.

I, too, am apparently in the minority.

17. NeonWraith

NeonWraith
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm exactly the same. Though the cat will occasionally get actual meat when I'm making sandwiches if she's been good. Or if she wont stop headbutting my leg.

18. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to have a wealthy Middle Eastern client who'd change his will a couple of times a month depending on which of his pets had pissed him off. This sort of thing is by no means uncommon, just the monetary amount makes it newsworthy here... apparently.

I'm not sure what the general rule is in the US, but at least here (and in particular, this state), there's an as of right ability for children to take court action where they haven't been sufficiently provided for under their parents' wills. This is so strong that I would advise clients to make adequate bequests to their children unless they had a strong reason not to, to at least avoid everything winding up in probate court for ages. And if they did have a strong reason, document it well.

And you guys that feed your dogs cat food, you do realise that cats and dogs have different dietary requirements? Cat food is extremely high in protein and dogs require a more rounded diet. Giving them cat food consistently can lead to some serious health problems. I'm not vet, but that was drummed into me years ago.

19. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When (if) I come back, I want to come back as my wife's dog. She spoils them to the point that would make Uga jealous (he's the Georgia Bulldog mascot), especially the Nazi (mini schnauzer).

I guess the extent of my spoiling is buying bone-in steaks occasionally so the dogs get a treat as well, and when cooking whole chickens or a turkey, I'll cook up the gizzards and mix that in with their food.

20. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My friends say I spoil my dog by taking him to doggy daycare twice a week on a student's income. I just want him to not be lonely when I'm gone all day!

I also buy the nicest Nylabones and Kongs for my dog. He loves eating scraps of felt, but when he's done eating garbage he'll use the nice toys. On the plus side, he has nice shiny white teeth.