Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

God Bless The Military

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Diablo, Oct 19, 2009.

1. yakbutter

yakbutter
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I just swore into the Army today. My MOS will be 35N - signals intelligence analyst. AIT is at Goodfellow AFB in TX for 25 weeks. I have no idea where I go after that, but I'm psyched right now. I ship for basic training on 3-9.

2. Chaos

Chaos
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Division CSM. From the sound of it, my time will be a lot like yours. Did your leadership tell you to pack any civilian clothing in case your boss decided to go out in civvies?

3. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How are the new Colours working out for you?

4. iRoCkHoEs

iRoCkHoEs
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'll venture a guess and say your time on a division PSD team will be alot different than mine on a battalion PSD team. No we didn't get to pack civvies it would have been cool though.

5. Will-Furry

Will-Furry
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Just wanted to say congrats to YakButter about finally getting the contract inked, I know you've been trying to do that for a while now.

6. yakbutter

yakbutter
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

What's up with you buddy? Did you swear in yet?

7. Will-Furry

Will-Furry
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Heh, yeah man - back in July. Boot camp in about 3 1/2 weeks, immediately followed by the selection course. I'm excited.

8. BrianH

BrianH
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Is my favorite nut crusher, SOPC, still going on? If so, prepare for neat times.

9. iRoCkHoEs

iRoCkHoEs
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Hey HotShot why don't you explain the acronyms instead of acting like....Err whatever quit pretending.

Good Luck Will I know you have been preparing for this for a while, just keep pushing yourself and hope to hear from you when its over.

Yak congrats man I think I already said it but there it is again.

10. Will-Furry

Will-Furry
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Uh, I don't really know what the SOPC is, I'm not really up to date on the slang you snake eaters use these days. You guys need to lay off that Miller Lite

And thanks iRoCkHoEs. I'll report back with what happens to me, succeed or fail I've been talking about this for like 2 fucking years and you guys deserve some sort of closure.

11. Shootandloot

Shootandloot
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Good luck and welcome to the family!

12. Forest Ranger

Forest Ranger
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Not to bad really. Its about time we got an update I think

13. dkrlz88

dkrlz88
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

I just won a 10 week all-expenses paid vacation to Quantico, VA this summer (Marine Officer Candidate School PLC-C program).

14. Will-Furry

Will-Furry
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Damn, should have picked Door #2

15. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've thought about the Marines. Any reasons why their Officer Candidate School is a bad idea?

16. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First off, good luck dkrlz88. I went through OCS last summer; and I had a helluva time. It was hot as hell and just as humid 75% of the time. It was still fun in my opinion, but I'm one out of maybe 3 in my graduating platoon who thought that, most people hate it because its so intense. PM me with any questions you guys may have about prep, what to expect before, during, after, and anything else you may have questions about.

Side note, I'm done with OCS, TBS, and am down in Pensacola awaiting flight school, so I have experience with all that.

17. Aelric

Aelric
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

That makes two of us. I wonder if I'll see you there.

18. flacco

flacco
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I have been wondering if anyone can help me with this thought, however if it is a stupid question then feel free to delete it

Even through I am in the Australian army I figured the basics of the question might apply to anyone in this situation.
    I am currently a riflemen in the reserves and when I finish university I plan to transfer to the full-time service. My original idea was to just transfer to the infantry however I have been told by a few people that with the degree I am doing (IT) that it would be better if I went to the intelligence or signals corps.

My question is how to I find more about the different jobs that I could transfer into, my thoughts were going to my corporals about finding out about the different jobs or going back to a recruiting center and asking there. Is there any other avenue that I could try as well as it seems to take a long time to transfer across to the regular army (the last few from my company took nearly a year due to the slow process with the paperwork ant other aspects of the transfer).

19. kdeuce

kdeuce
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Just saw this come up on the Air Force board I frequent...

The one guy said he was kicked out of DEP 6 days before shipping and other boards are saying they are even kicking people out of BMT for it. This is bad news for me as I'm a week or so from heading to MEPS for my physical/job selection and have a tattoo of my daughters name on my right wrist. I talked to my recruiter today and he said he's not sure if I'll be DQ'ed but he is looking into it.

I'm assuming those already AD and such will be grandfathered in but damn. Guess I'll be having a tattoo removed.

20. Will-Furry

Will-Furry
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I don't have any experience with that issue per say, but I would take that shit pretty seriously man. I've been in the DEP for like 5 months, and it has changed a lot the past month or so. Apparently a shitload of people from my squadron have been getting discharged for all sorts of reasons. Sucks