Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Glee - Season 1

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by RCGT, Oct 23, 2009.

1. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So call me a dildo's hood ornament but I fucking love this show. It's consistently funny, the show is written well above the intelligence level one would assume and it's musical to boot.

Possibly my favorite thing about this show is that all the musical numbers are actually recorded by the cast. There's no playback singing going on here; the people on the screen are actually the ones singing the song. As a singer, that makes me really happy for reasons I can't explain.

Glee airs on Fox at 9 pm ET on Wednesdays. The first season will run for 13 episodes. It's on Episode 8 currently and the last 5 episodes are up on Hulu. You can find the others on your favorite internet TV site. Anybody have any thoughts?

http://www.hulu.com/glee

2. hawt

hawt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I enjoy this show as well. I'm not as into it as say Lost or something, but I make sure to tune in every week for a few laugh out loud moments.

The quote that hooked me though was from episode four...

I remember spitting out my drink when he said that, I have no idea why I found it so funny, but it still gets me.

I am getting sick of the massive whore logic going on though, Schuster wife faking a pregnancy and going to take Quinn's baby. Finn not being the father of Quinn's baby because she is a whore and fucked his best friend, etc.

I'm a little over it. Like how do you not know your wife isn't really pregnant, have you not seen her naked at all lately? The preview for next week made it look like the cat is out of the bag though so hopefully they can move on to the aftermath.

3. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Recent episode really opened the show up a bit. Sue gets a little more character depth, an end to this football / Glee Club decision nonsense (hopefully), Quinn gets kicked off the Cheerios? Only things that're pissing me off are the retarded pregnancy drama and the drawn-out sexual tension between Schuster and counselor lady. I want some bombs to drop.

And damn can Matthew Morrison bust a move.

4. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Coach Sue might go down as one of the greatest characters of all time:

"It's like when I sold my house and I salted the earth of the back yard so that nothing could grow there for 100 years. Why? Because they asked me to pay their closing costs."

Yes we cane!

5. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"If it is not on my desk by 5 o'clock, I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat. And then, one dark and cold night, I will steal away into your house, sneak into your bedroom, and punch you in the face."

I peed a little bit laughing when I first saw that scene.

6. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

There could be whole threads dedicated to Sue Sylvester. I'd pay good money to put her in the same room with Ari Gold.

"I empower my Cheerios to live in fear by creating an environment of irrational, random terror."

7. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sue Sylvester is a tremendous character. The saving grace of this show.
    The main teacher, though, is a total douchebag and a very unlikable person. Don't know why they chose to go that direction with someone who should be teaching kids good things. He is a whiny bitch.
    The kids for the most part are interesting characters. The songs are well chosen and very relatable [not a word] to many different kinds of people. Their use of guest stars have been very good so far. Kristin Chenowith's performance stands out.

8. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

See I don't mind this, because this makes the teachers just as much characters in the show as the kids. Typically high school shows are all about the growth of the kids, but this show is about all of the characters and Schuyster is one of them that needs to grow and gain control of his own life. I like that the adults are flawed (although Schuyster's wife and her sister could die next week and the show would not fall off) and that makes for better overall programming in my opinion.

9. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

No I totally agree with you but my point is that Sue is obviously being painted as the bad guy yet the guy teaching all the nerds in Glee is just as bad of a person.

10. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

After being off for two weeks, I really liked that the first post World Series episode was pretty heavy on character development and taking the show in some new directions.

I think they finally got passed the Fox mandated 4-5 episodes that pretty much exactly like one another and can now start on a real series.

11. BuckeyeFan

BuckeyeFan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The best thing Sue ever said-

Sue-*saying to the boy in the wheelchair* "Your not trying hard enough."

Wheels-"Not trying hard enough to what?"

Sue-"To Walk!"

Priceless......

12. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

What fucking show are you watching?

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0041198/quotes

13. BuckeyeFan

BuckeyeFan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

[/quote]

My bad. I could have sworn that Sue said it. I should have checked it out before I posted. I just got excited I found other people who watch it.

14. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm so happy that the pregnancy bomb finally dropped. Seeing Schuster hulk out on his wife was definitely the best moment of the show so far. Awaiting the season finale now...

15. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

This episode was pretty saccharine, but I'm a sucker for Lea Michelle, Jane Lynch, and Heather Morris.

Santana: Sex isn't dating.
    Brittany: If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

Kind of a secondary character, but she takes airheadism to new, vapid depths, and I love it.

The Sue Sylvester line of the episode: "Welcome aboard the Sue Sylvester Express. Destination: horror."

16. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fucking finally.

If you saw it you know what I mean.

Anyway the entire season I couldn't decide if I wanted to fuck Dianna Agron or Heather Morris more, but that quote right above me pretty much sealed it. She's so dumb and I love it.

They set it up nicely for the next season as well.

17. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Glee is finally back.

I liked seeing the two leaders fleshed out a little more (heh heh). I was kind of ambivalent about the episode overall, though; they started up a lot of plot threads, but not in a way that was really intriguing.

18. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Did anyone else feel like they were watching a different show with the same cast during this new episode? I was watching it with my girlfriend and both her and I felt like it was a different show.

19. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

It didn't feel any different to me. But, to be fair, I would tune in for a completely incoherent show if: a) Rachael sings a song that I recognize/like b) Sue says funny things c) Brittney says idiotic things. Last episode was 2/3 -- pretty much average.

Did you dolphins are just gay sharks? It had me cracking up.

20. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This ep was just meh to me, but then, I don't really dig Madonna. I would like more of the Cheerio's girls flouncing around in those skirts, though. And that new kid Jesse, is clearly a douche.