Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Give me all the food you can for 7 dollars please!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thevoice, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have had Taco Bell once in my life. If I ever get the craving for styrofoam, I'll go there.

Seeing that I rarely have any drunken nights out, I'm not too qualified to say as I haven't eaten that much drunk food; but the local delicacy is late-night pho. The stuff is positively heavenly while sober, and many of the restaurants in Chinatown open up for the rush after last call.

If I could find a restaurant in Little Korea that stayed open late, then we'd be in business. Greasy, spicy stir-fried pork for $6? Yes, please.

2. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When drunk, I usually whip up some culinary treasure in the kitchen. My go to is:

Shit load of ground beef
    taco sauce
    hot sauce
    shit load of cheese
    fritos
    sour cream

sometimes i'll chop up some potatoes and throw em in there.

I'll usually eat this meal up to three times a week.

3. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I live in the south and I will go ahead and say this.

Fuck Waffle House.

Now, for the true winner of the drunk food contest...QDOBA BURRITOS!

At least half the time while I have been drunk over the last half a year, my nights have ended at Qdoba. I even have a fucking Qdoba card and the people there know my order. Chicken queso burrito plz.

Taco bell just gives me the shit, qdoba gives me orgasms.

Distinct difference.

4. Benny

Benny
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

After Pounding a Half rack of PBR, All I can think about is Steak and eggs, with hashbrowns covered in sausage gravy and wheat toast. I usually wouldn't even eat this (the hashbrowns covered in sausage gravy, any way) but for some reason when I'm drunk, this is what I must eat. I don't even care what restaurant I get it at. On a side note, Outback Steakhouse should start serving breakfast!!!! An Outback special with Hashbrowns, sausage gravy, and eggs when totally shithoused? That would be heaven on earth, my friends.....

5. oswald999

oswald999
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

In-n-out is the best thing ever when you're drunk (or sober, for that matter). However, Wendy's or good Chinese food is a close second. I usually end up going to Del Taco or Jack in the Box because they're 24/7. And Del Taco is way better than Taco Bell.

When there's nobody who can drive and I'm in my kitchen, I make fried egg sandwiches a lot. They're hard to fuck up, and they taste pretty good.

6. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

$2 Chow Mein on St. Laurent in Montreal. No question.

7. bgal85

bgal85
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Taco bell has never made me sick. I don't know if it's what I order... or maybe I have an iron stomach. I don't know.

However, Hardees or Wendy's is my fast food of choice in the states. I always change up what I get, but both places have decent iced tea, which is really all I'm looking for.

In Germany, I go for the doner kabab places. Good stuff.

I suppose this is SORT OF on focus. My friend's boyfriend randomly passed out on the couch (read: my drunken bed) so I opted to crawl into my friend's bed and pass out. Well, hours later- I suddenly woke up to the fire alarm and the smell of smoke. I shook my friend awake, honestly thinking that the damn house was on fire. We got up and walked into the living room and the whole place is certainly smokey- but not completely unbearable. Her boyfriend was no longer on couch so we went into the kitchen to look for him and we found him passed out on the floor. We also found the source of all the smoke... A PLATE was sitting on the electric burner with eggs on it. I'm pretty sure he missed a step in the cooking process.

8. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wendy's is delicious enough when sober, but when drunk it goes to a whole new level. I generally get a triple Baconator, 2 JBC's, a bottle of water (to head off the impending hangover), and an Oreo Frosty.

I'm 99% sure the reason I don't drink very much is because I'll go loco without a Wendy's trip before passing out.

When I was living in Hawaii, it was Jack in the Box. Anybody that says anything bad about Jack's value menu should be caned.

9. TPapp

TPapp
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I invented the greatest drunken snack nearly two years ago. It's simple and easy to make. I bring you the Pita Pizza:

1 pita (preferably the non-pocket kind)
    tomato sauce with basil
    shredded cheese (mozzarella works best of course)
    any toppings you want

Stick it in a toaster oven for 3-5 minutes and it's ready to eat. Delicious and fast.

10. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

[​IMG]

Kebabs. Only that the Moroccans here in Gran Canaria do them with a shitload of alioli which is awesome.

11. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Taco Bell is an abomination, a blight upon the world. Thank the Lord for Jesus, the Savior, the one and only Mighty Taco. Fuck all you even suggesting Taco Bell is edible.

But Mighty isn't even my first choice. Best late night/ drunk food? Jim's Steakout. Done. Nothing can match a chicken finger sub at 3 in the morning.

12. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jack in the Box tacos. Something about the deep fried grease.

I agree about Jack in the Box's value menu. It is as good as anyones if you need a quick cheap meal.

13. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

In college I lived by myself for a year. At the time there was only one pizza joint that was open past midnight on weekdays. I got drunk, ordered a pizza from them, and passed out before they delivered it enough times that they blacklisted me. They refused to take my order because "that would just be a waste of a pizza", even though on more than one occasion I propped my door open and left a 20 on the table for a 8 dollar pizza before I passed out. Nothing like waking up and having breakfast waiting there for you.

And I don't mind taco bell at all. Their tacos are pretty shitty, but the chicken quesadillas are fucking awesome.

14. kakutogi

kakutogi
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Niro's Gyros. Double plate. Guaranteed to have ketchup and tzatziki sauce up to your wrist every time.

15. The_Native

The_Native
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I've had many dumb drunken nights. one or two of them have led to questionable meals. I've been told that I ate popcorn mixed with beef ravioli and franks red hot suace. i wouldn't have believed it if the evidence wasn't all over the my shirt, my wall, my couch, my ceiling, my computer, my microwave, ALL OVER the bathroom. and more importantly the girl i'd been hooking up with for a month. she was not impressed

16. Psk

Psk
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

When in Singapore, the ultimate drunk food is at the hawkers. There are several all night hawker centres where you can get a full meal for cheap prices. Char Siew pork, roasted duck, chicken fried rice, or just a plain plate of fried noodles and you're set. Add a beer (or something else refreshing if you're trying to sober up), some sports to watch and you're golden.

Otherwise I am the sort who will go out of my way to make something nice but simple before bed after a night out, sometimes getting ridiculously ambitious, and it ends up working somehow. Though I have cooked up some - in retrospect - awful meals. I have also attempted to cook chicken wings in the oven when I was completely blasted. That ended with me waking up in a pool of my own vomit not knowing why there were several half eaten, half-cooked wings in front of me. Remember, just because they look done doesn't mean they are. I'm a superstar.

I was at a house-party after midnight for New Years (last night), where they not only had several open bars, catering and a good sound system, they SERVED FUCKING FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST TO EVERYONE AT 5 AM. It was incredible.

17. snobes

snobes
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

3 pages and no metion of Denny's? For shame.

When we drank on campus, it was down the back road straight to Denny's. Grand Slam, yes please.

Taco Bell or McD's was only on the way home, with whatever we could being home from the bar. In those days classy ladies where pretty limited.

Or head downtown to find some hookers to kill.

18. Gumby

Gumby
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Lately when im out drinking i'll swing by and get a box of sweet soy / hot garlic chicken. Best served microwaved back to hot magma temp the next morning with some pedialite while nursing a hangover.

19. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nobody mentioned Denny's because Denny's is an overpriced shithole. Complete last resort.

20. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aside from Taco Bell- which is good in its own rite- most drunk food seems to be regional. Waffle House was my go to for years, though it isn't the top of my drunken food list. I always order a double patty melt, double hashbrowns smothered and covered, and a pecan waffle for dessert. Wash it down with a cherry coke and you're set for a long night of drunken slumber.

The top of my drunken food list is a little chicken place called Guthrie's. A gut box consisted of seasoned chicken strips, french fries, garlic bread, cole slaw, and comeback sauce. Many would say that Zaxby's is the same, but many believe that Spain and Mexico are the same because both countries speak espanol. They're wrong, my friends. So very, very wrong. Guthrie's was so popular in my college town that it would shut down a lane of traffic due to the cars turning in to the drive through. It really was the best drunken food I could put in my mouth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.