Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Girls - Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Parker, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Season 4 debuted last night. I'm going to probably watch it tonight. I know a lot of you fuckers secretly watch this show.

I mean, there is this.

[​IMG]

2. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I started watching this show while I was off for Christmas break and I became obsessed. The premiere does not disappoint.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Zosia Mamet is a ridiculous actress. All the little fucking twitches and minor facial movements she has to make are awesome. She is one of those actresses that make you think "I couldn't do that."

This episode was interesting, and once again I'm on the hate-watch bandwagon. Really glad we got through the first 10 minutes of this show without Hannah being naked. I am excited that they're taking part of the show to Iowa for real, for a second I was afraid they were going to call it off.

Also, Marnie sucks as a character now. Trying to figure out what we're supposed to like about her.

4. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nothing. She is worthless, as are all of the other girls. Ironically, the only sympathetically written characters are the men.

It's high-brow reality TV-type scenarios and as such I will continue to watch and feel terrible about myself while also being entertained.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's episodes like this that make me think the show has to be self aware on some level. That scene where they just eviscerated Hannah's writing (and by metaphor Lena Dunham's writing of GIRLS itself) is too on point to be an accident.

6. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I swear to God, if Hannah walks into a New York City school and just magically acquires a job I am going to be so pissed off. I don't care if it's not a public school, that is just a level of unreality I cannot handle.

7. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But she has half a semester at a prestigious graduate writing program! She's so employable.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just finished this season and since I was watching back to back to back episodes, it feels like the smallest amount of shit has happened. The Ray and Shosh storylines were the best. The whole Marnie and Desi thing was painful as fuck to watch. I've never hated a male character more. Hannah's parents were also hilarious. Jessa is still retarded, so is Adam, and goddamn Zachary Quinto is a great fucking actor.

Hannah trying to become besties with a 13 year old, fucking up a date, almost getting fired and still getting the dude blows my mind. But of course any criticism of this will be met with "Men always get the girl no matter how bad they are...so Hannah is doing the female version of that." But whatever.

9. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I tried watching the first couple of episodes of this show a little while ago and my wife recently discovered it. I think ultimately the show made me feel uncomfortable for how much I fucking hated the lead character and found no one interesting or sympathetic. I found no one to root for only to hate. I can do that by spending enough time with my own family. The fuck do I want to do that in my downtime? Convince me that I'm wrong. You guys seem to love the fuck out of this show.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm currently hate watching this. It's just certain cultural things you get caught on and you can't quit. Gotta ride this bitch out until the wheels fall off.

11. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok. So I am right. You do hate these cunts but you watch anyway. Like any scene where Skylar White is present...

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Except I'm in love with Shoshanna. She's insane and I like that. Also, Zosia Mamet secretly has a banging body.

13. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah. I don't know anyone who takes this show at face value. It's mostly hate watching or schadenfreude. These girls are no one's role models.

14. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Doesn't she teach high school? Pretty sure that chick is like 17 or 18, or I don't think she could have gotten a tongue piercing without parental consent.

Since it was a '6 months later' type of thing, I could see her convincing him that she's not as crazy as he originally thought, and that she was just going through a hard time. I convince people of that all the time. I'm more surprised by the fact that he wanted to date her at all, given that she does not seem smart, or attractive, or kind, or really embodies any recommending qualities at all.

It's like watching the inception of the 'fat guy with the hot wife' trope. Maybe next season will be Hannah working a middle-class job while her friends talk about how hot her husband is all the time and she falls down a lot.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think you being attractive, a gamer, and liking to fuck a lot might have something to do with the amount of convincing you have to do.

16. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My recommending qualities do pave the way to justifying the crazy, but Hannah has none. Who wants to justify anything for her?