Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General Fantasy Football Thread 2011

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Arms Akimbo, Aug 11, 2011.

1. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is a special place in hell for people who hand over wins in the playoff hunt because they can't competently start a lineup every week.

Oh sure, I bet you meant to have Drew Brees benched for Tavaris Jackson since Brees' bye week. Yep.

/bitch

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just wanted to say that 8 team playoffs are bullshit. Not only do the 1 and 2 teams not get a bye, a team with a 4-9 record got in, and could potentially win. I really hope this league changes commissioners next year.

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Going into the first week of the playoffs, I have a banged up Josh Freeman, Dalton against a top ranked Pass D, so I went to FA and picked up...gulp, Matt Moore. Against a terrible, as of late, Eagles D, I actually think he is the best option out of the 3...

Here's to getting a big game out of Foster and Stephen Jackson to negate the need for a big QB game...

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck me. I'm in the semifinals and with Jennings injured and Rice on IR I have to stuff Maclin in there who has less than 100 yards and no TDs over the last 3 weeks. It just means he's due, right? Right? At least I'll get to play Wells in a really good match up while I run my chin and decide to stick with hot as hell MJD against a tough running defense or throwing Turner in there who seems to be slipping. Fuck both Keller and Pettigrew. I don't know who I'm going with there, but am 100% sure I will pick wrong.

5. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Went from 7th in the league to 4th in three weeks and won the first playoff game this week. Thanks to MJD, R.Rice, Lynch, and Manning. The top two teams got knocked out in the first round so I'm actually starting to think my team is hot at the right time. I want to win bragging rights and money so bad its retarded. Mostly the bragging rights but the money would be great too.

6. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd go with Driver. Rodgers still has a lot of weapons, but KC's defense isn't that great and I think he's your best bet to put up a touchdown and some significant yardage this week. The only thing you might worry about is this game getting out of hand early and GB switching to a run-based attack as the game wears on. I still think he's the best play though.

7. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

This week is the first week of the playoffs. Two big parts of getting me there have been Marshawn Lynch and the 49ers D.

Problem is they play each other this week. I'm considering picking up Tennessee's D against Jacksonville and riding with that. Or should I just leave the two in and let the chips fall where they may? I don't think sitting Lynch is an option, especially with my other backs being Bradshaw, Spiller, Tolbert and Gerhart. The only other option I see as far as D is Washington only because they're playing Minny.

8. _RL

_RL
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 49ers have not given up a single rushing TD this year. Just a thought.

9. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Ok, I'm in my league's championship game, and because of C.J. Spiller being considered a RB/WR I'm playing 4 RBs and 1 WR. My team right now is:

QB - Tom Brady
    RB - Marshawn Lynch
    RB - Ahmad Bradshaw
    RB/WR - Toby Gerhart
    WR - C.J. Spiller

WR - Miles Austin

TE - Rob Gronkowski
    DEF - 49ers
    K - Stephen Gostkowski

The WR spot is the one I'm going back and forth on between Austin and Brandon Marshall. Other high risk-high reward options are Pierre Garcon (against Jax) or Torrey Smith (against Cinci). Any thoughts? I'm also considering switching in Mike Tolbert for Bradshaw if Ryan Matthews doesn't go.