Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General Fantasy Football Thread 2011

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Arms Akimbo, Aug 11, 2011.

1. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The guy who set up the scoring for my league did the craziest fucking scoring I've ever seen. Drew Brees scored 105 fantasy points this week with his set up. I had Stafford today, he scored 64 points. The guy set up the scoring so it's .5 points per pass attempt and .5 points for a completion. So you have to get a quarterback who slings the ball like a whore slings her vagina on pay day. Quarterback goes 21 of 42? Great, that's 30 fantasy points. Plus, we have to start a DEF and 3 individual D players... D players get 2 points per tackle, 2 points per pass defended, 5 points for an INT. It's fucking ridiculous, and it makes my lineup choices really tough.

2. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That's fucking stupid.

Calvin Johnson, Wells, and the 49ers D all had good days for me. Stephen Jackson was about to run train over the Eagles but pulled his hamstring. I was so upset.

I have 5 guys yet to play as of now. Witten, Felix Jones, and Santonio Holmes are all about to play, and I have Tom Brady and Kyle Orten playing tomorrow night. I need 30 points to beat the guy I'm going against, so I'm fairly confident I got this.

Also, my friend started Cam Newton today because he is a huge panthers fan and he was in over his head. Ended up beating the guy in the league who everyone thought had the best team. Clutch Newton.

3. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm up by about 80 points tonight in my law school league. Friend only has Tom Brady and Wes Welker left. They proceed to lube up and take turns fucking me in the ass.

The real thumb to the eye is that I am going to lose by 3 to 5 points when had Nate Kaeding as a kicker who got injured and was a waste of a roster spot yesterday with 0 points.

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tom Brady and Wes Welker have just saved me in 3 different leagues. Well actually, I'm 6 points down in a PPC league and relying on Jacoby Ford. Don't laugh...no seriously stop it.

5. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That is absolutely fucking retarded. I've played in a lot of different fantasy football leagues, and I have never even HEARD of scoring on a passing completion, much less an attempt. That would seem to take a lot of the skill out of picking a lineup.

6. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

So I'm in a 10 person league and my buddy just proposed a trade of either AJ Green, Malcolm Floyd or Reggie Bush for DeSean Jackson. my gut tells me that since this is my 1st year in FF, he's trying to jump out of the bushes and trade-rape me. Am I crazy? I know DeSean will be the primary punt returner this year and I know he'll put up legit numbers all year. As far as I'm concerned there's really only 1 option; Reggie bush. I'm just gun-shy on what sort of impact he'll really have.

I'm still learning, so any sort of advice would be great

Qb Aaron Rodgers
    QB Eli Manning
    WR Desean Jackson
    WR Santana Moss
    WR Miles Austin
    WR Hines Ward
    RB Cedric Benson
    RB Darren Sproles
    RB Ahmad Bradshaw
    RB Marshawn Lynch
    TE Jason Witten
    Te Tony Gonzales
    K Robbie Gould
    K Mason Crosby(i know, I know, I'm currently trying to unload him)
    DEF Baltimore

thanks

7. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I got news for you: That ain't your buddy. You should reject the trade, then punch him in the face.

Consider this as analysis: The average draft position of Desean Jackson in ten-team leagues is early in the fourth round.

AJ Green: Early in the 11th
    Malcolm Floyd: Middle of the 12th
    Reggie Bush: Middle of the 8th.

He is trying to steal four full rounds of draft value from you after a single game.

I take it back: you should reject the trade, then punch him in the face. He's an asshole for even suggesting this.

8. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Tell him to fuck right off. You're not hard up for a RB, even if you were, Jackson is your stud WR, you're not trading him unless you get a stud at another position.

9. ScottVanPelt

ScottVanPelt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Not to reiterate even more... but wow. I feel like you don't need to know anything about fantasy football to know that's a terrible trade, just football in general. I wouldn't take all 3 of them for D-Jax. Fuck that noise.

I mostly just wanted to point out how ridiculous that trade was, but I'll throw in my own decision to make this week as well, which I also feel is fairly easy. For my flex in my big money league I can choose between S. Moss vs ARI, L. Blount @ MIN, and F. Jackson vs OAK.

I'm leaning strong on Moss because of what Cam Newton and Steve Smith did to the Cards' secondary last week. I was high on Blount coming into the season and he proceeded to produce 1 point last week, and faces my homer D who only gave up 77 yds rushing last week... and he splits carries. Jackson had a good week 1, but he shares carries as well and the Raiders are a bit more fearsome on the defensive side than KC. Moss? Moss.

10. Porkins

Porkins
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Somehow, I won with this team last week, despite my startings RBs combining for three (3) total points:

QB Drew Brees
    RB Rashard Mendenhall
    RB LeGarrette Blount
    RB James Starks
    RB Daniel Thomas
    RB Delone Carter
    WR Jeremy Maclin
    WR Steve Johnson
    WR Jacoby Ford
    WR Robert Meachem
    WR James Jones (GB)
    WR Emmanuel Sanders
    WR Eddie Royal
    TE Vernon Davis
    K Matt Bryant
    D Texans

Big games from Brees and the Texans D, and the dumb luck of the guy I was playing against benching Mike Tolbert, carried me to victory. But I think it's pretty obvious my team needs to get better if I'm going to have any chance of winning this year.

Our waiver wire is pretty bare (12 team, standard scoring), but some names that jump out at me are Arrelious Benn, Jacoby Jones, Darius Heyward-Bey, and Earl Bennett. Anybody have thoughts on who of those, if any, would do me good? James Jones is an obvious drop, after that probably Eddie Royal and then Delone Carter (although I still think he could potential, even behind that god-awful offensive line.)

I don't think my main problem is talent as much as it is choosing who to start this week. I think I have to start Starks at the flex, but what about taking a flyer on Meachem?

11. mrwoliachi

mrwoliachi
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Should I play James Starks this week at flex? or play Mike Williams of TB? I also have Mendenhall, Austin, Wayne, and McCoy but I don't think I can bench them.

To the guy above, I agree with everybody else that you only trade DeSean Jackson for a top tier RB.

Who is everybody going for on the waiver wire this week? I put in bids for Henne, Hernandez, Henderson and 49ers D/ST

12. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

thanks for the thoughts, that was pretty much my sentiment from the start, I just wasn't sure if i was missing something.

Also, I might have missed this earlier, but does anyone know where to go to begin learning strategy? I've got the basic idea down, but as far as decision-time I mostly go with my gut. I don't expect to win this year, I'd just like to not make it easy with ignorant mistakes.

'Preciate it.

13. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Almost thought we were in the same league until i checked to see how many points Brees scored in my 1 league (not the roster i posted) with ridiculous scoring. Brees scored 178 points in my league...Brady scored...TWO HUNDERED AND TWENTY FUCKING TWO! It's the most retarded scoring ever.

Although checking it now, it looks like he made some changes right before the draft...he did have it set up to where, every completion was a point, every rushing attempt was a point, 25 point bonuses for 100 yard game, 40+ yard TD catch etc...now its just instead of 1 point for every 10 yards rushing/receiving and 25/passing its 10, which is still stupid. We also had to draft 5 individual defensive players.

The team that I posted on page 2, my D/ST, TE, and K, scored more combined points than all 6 of my rb/wr/flex positions, and I still scored 121 points and won.

14. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Dwayne Bowe @ Detriot, Beanie Wells @ Washington, or Tim Hightower vs Arizona?

15. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'd lean towards Wells @ Washington. I have Bowe right now in the paid league and I'm struggling to decide what to do with him for this week. As for Tim Hightower playing his old team, I always tend to avoid that kind of stuff because of the wild-card aspect of it.

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re:

Those are some horrible options. Rice and Crabtree are both listed as questionable and likely won't be playing or do much next week if they take the field. Mason seems to be irrelevant this year. Oakland is pounding the ball a lot, but they love Mcfadden. You really might want to just go with Baldwin and hope. I mean they play Pittsburgh, which is ugly, but at least he has a chance to put up points. You might get lucky with Bush getting a goal line carry, but other than that the best he'll put up is like 5 points. The silver lining is that Rice and Crabtree should be reasonable flex options after they get healthy.

Fuck Tony Romo. That choking bitch made me lose this week in fantasy by half a point because of his color blind choke interception. In other news I'm seriously thinking of dropping Dallas Clark for Pettigrew or Cooley. Am I crazy to think that? I just don't know if he's going to get much action with that horrid QB situation in Indy.

17. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Re: Re:

I think that Pettigrew could very well end up as a top-10 TE this season. I'd probably make that move considering how Indy looked last week. Cooley's a lost cause, though. He even looked old with Davis on the field.

OK, my question: 12 team PPR, need to start 1 RB, 2 WR, R/W flex. Options are:

Ahmad Bradshaw
    Shonn Greene
    Wes Welker
    Jordy Nelson
    Roddy White

Bradshaw and Welker are the must-starts, and I'm thinking about being sneaky and starting Nelson over White and then Greene to take advantage of soft matchups, and to avoid Nnamdi Whatever. Too cute? Should it be Bradshaw/Welker/Nelson/White?

18. _RL

_RL
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Might be too cute. Even though Roddy White will have to deal with Nnamdi, I can't really justify sitting him for Shonn Greene in a PPR league. I'd roll with Roddy.

19. 9iron

9iron
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I just got offered this trade: I give Jahvid Best and get Eli Manning/Julio Jones. Good deal? I've been playing fantasy for years but rarely do trades and have no idea how to determine the value of these things. Heres my roster:

QB T. Romo
    RB P. Hillis
    RB F. Gore
    WR A. Johnson
    WR R. Wayne
    WR J. Maclin
    TE T. Gonzalez

Bench:
    Best, Addai, R. Bush, D. Branch, Lee Evans, Sims-Walker

20. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd say that is a good deal. Best is an injury waiting to happen (given how many concussions he has had). The ceiling on Julio is fairly high, as well, so he could make a good backup and replacement if Wayne has a down season without Peyton. Eli is kind of useless except as a backup, because Romo will consistently have better stats.

I guess it boils down to this question: what are your thoughts on Julio Jones? Will he be a rookie of the year candidate as people suspect? If you think so, take the trade.