Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General Fantasy Football Thread 2010

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Blue Dog, Aug 16, 2010.

1. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Alright, that's what I went and did. The projections are usually wrong but I'm supposed to beat him by 1 point with Fitz out and Stewart in at the flex position. And you're right, I drafted Fitzgerald as my second pick, right after Manning.

Also, I was able to pick up the Miami defense. That should serve me better than Seattle who I picked up about 2/3 weeks ago because I thought they had a cake schedule the rest of the way sans Atlanta. I went the whole season with Dallas' defense, who I could also pick up, but I think I might go with Miami. You think that's a good idea?

Really, I'm more worried about Johnson torching the Houston defense because the Texans are shit against the run (though it's not as bad as their secondary). Even more than Manning having a good or bad game, I think I need to root for Houston pretty hard this weekend. The guy's rushed for over 1,000 yards, plus is on a bit of an upswing.

Fuck, I can't wait for this weekend. If I beat this guy I'm gonna be pretty pumped, this is my first fantasy league so I'm drinking in the beginner's luck.

2. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are a few defenses you might be able to get. Cleveland is playing against Cincy this week, and Cincy has been fucking awful, while Cleveland's defense has been surprisingly good. Another might be picking up Atlanta's defense going against a depleted Seattle team (albeit in Seattle). Also, keep an eye on the Packers. If Rodgers can't return, and New England's defense is on the waiver wire? Snatch that shit up, cause GB - Rodgers = a team that can't score more than 3 points against Detroit in a Dome. If they can't score more than 3 points against Detroit indoors, what are they going to do in a freezing cold New England evening (it is a Sunday Night game) against a far, far superior team to the Lions.

3. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Vernon Davis, 0.40 points last night. Off to a great start. Can't believe how much the niners truly suck this year.

4. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Just guaranteed $390 in earning money. I probably owe you guys a percentage of that, because I kicked ass this week. Check it out:

[​IMG]

I actually spent the day watching the games at a bar without my laptop, so I had no idea I was even leading at all. After buying christmas gifts and paying for utilities I'm pretty sure it'll be the only money I have, and I'll still probably spend it all on booze.

5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't believe I'm advancing to the semifinals of my playoff bracket. My team sucks so hard. I lost my 2 best running backs AND 2 best receivers for the season. Ouch. Somehow I eliminated the 2 seed. He has none left and I have 2 players tomorrow night and already have the lead. Fuck yeah.

6. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My league is set up differently than most. At 10-4, I'm the No. 1 seed, and the No. 1 and No. 2 got byes. The quarterfinals were last week, semis this week, finals next week; one week takes all, none of this two-week aggregate sissy soccer shit. To sum up, this is my first playoff week.

My QB (Peyton Manning) is fine. My RBs (Stephen Jackson, Peyton Hillis, LeGarrette Blount), I'm happy with. I can live with my D/ST (Eagles vs. Joe Webb) and kicker (whothefuck cares). I need advice on WR and TE.

Antonio Gates probably won me three of my 10 games single-handedly. I'm terrified that I won't have him in the fantasy playoffs. I've picked up Todd Heap and Zach Miller as security blankets. Assuming Heap plays, do you guys think I should roll with him or Miller?

As for WR, one of my slots will be filled by Mike (TB) Williams. The other slot is a crap shoot. Sidney Rice, with Joe Webb throwing him the ball? Or Braylon "15-points-or-nothing" Edwards? I also have Steve (CAR) Smith, but Clausen seems to hate him. I'm leaning Edwards...

7. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm in the championship this week, and my chances are slim. There's not a whole lot of tinkering I can do, but I'm trying to decide between starting Larry Fitzgerald or Santana Moss this week. I'm going with the Dallas defense, and I'm always hesitant to start the same defense as one of my players. Moss is projected to get less, but I've been frustrated with Fitz all year and finally benched him last week. Moss has been getting me a lot of points, but they're up against Dallas, so who knows. Any recommendations would be appreciated, thanks.

8. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That's how many points Roddy White has to score against the Saints for me to lose this week. He's the only player left between the two of us, and I'm leading 104.06 - 84.30. The winner, after the buy in, wins $930. Holy. Fucking. Shit I'm nervous.

Of course, I won't publicly declare any intentions to make any fixes, that's just silly. Anyone in the New Orleans area, though, PM me and I'm sure we can talk business.

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't believe I'm in the finals in my league. This is fucking hilarious. I lose half my team to IR and still make it. My team, at this point, is downright terrible. Somehow I keep squeeking by.

10. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have first place locked up in my 8-team no-pay league (because of course it wasn't for money).

3rd place is locked up in my $25 league, which gets me a return of my buy-in. Right now I'm up by 36, and he has Jackson and McCoy, while I have Maclin left (note: this league is 20 yards per point). Confident here, too.

Wrapped up 5th place in my other money league, too. Looks like my worst finish this year will be 5th in a 12 team league. With any luck, I'll finish in the top 3 in 3 of 4 of my leagues.

Overall, not a shitty season, but I still only won $25 at the end. That sucks.

11. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

And this is how it ended, I can't believe my wife and I lost with the match-ups we had going into last night. Oh well, second will do.

Attached Files:

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Need some help.

Should I go with the giants, chiefs, or dolphins defense? I'm leaning giants, but am tempted to go with the dolphins as I expect NE to rest their starters.

RBs pick 2: Beanie Wells, Fred Jackon, and Matt Forte. I'm really thinking Forte won't play much so my RBs blow. I don't know why it won't let me pick up Ricky Williams.

WRs: Pick 3: Jordy Nelson, Jerome Simpson (2tds 124 yards last week with TO/85 out), Mike Thomas, Brandon Tate, Davone Bess, and Nate Washington.

K: Pick 2: Gould or Brown. Pretty sure I'll take Brown.

My team blows, but my opponent may have some key starters resting so my chances aren't quite as bad as they seem. I have no idea what I'm doing in the championship. This is the worst fantasy team I've ever had. Fucking injuries.

13. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Chris Henrys Tailgate Party finished DFL.

I made 43 waiver transactions this year. At one point during the season I had 4 guys eligible for the IR spot and 12 of my 15 players had red flags by their names. What a shitty fucking year.

Time to go through the waiver wire and pick off players for the keepers. I just grabbed Ryan Grant for next year.