Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by D26, Aug 25, 2013.

1. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know how our waiver wire is set up, but another player was able to get 3 players off the waiver wire before it was my turn so I didn't get either Johnson or Blackmon. How is that fair? ?

2. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Huh. Ours drops you to the bottom of the priority list after a transaction - so if you were 2/10, you get a player, you are then 10/10. If 3/10 picks up a player, he becomes 10/10 and bumps you up to 9/10. Your commissioner must not have set the option to drop a player's priority after a transaction, which seems ridiculous since a high waver priority is basically going to let that person pick up as many players as they want.

3. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Picked up Danny Woodhead off of waivers, just not sure how I can get him into my lineup properly. Right now I have Lynch and Lamar Miller as my RB 1/2 and Andre Johnson and DeSean Jackson as WR 1/2 and Dwayne Bowe in my flex... I'm leaning towards putting him in the flex in place of Bowe rather than taking Miller out at RB.

Thoughts?

4. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Would you guys start SF at Houston, or STL at Jacksonville? On one hand, San Francisco is San Francisco and St. Louis hasn't really been doing shit for me so far. On the other hand, "play the defense facing Jacksonville" is about as good of a strategy as one can have.

5. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the only week I'm not going with the "play whoever is facing Jax" defense strategy. I think with the return of Blackmon and how shitty STL is, this is the only game Jax has a chance of winning this year and I think they'll play like it.

6. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Trade question. I've got Manning the Elder and Schaub on my bench. 3 of my players are on a bye. D. Martin, L. Bell, and Thompkins. I'm thinking of trading Manning for Larry Fitzgerald and Reggie Bush. His current QB is Russell Wilson. How retarded am I?

7. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See if you can get another player out of the deal. If I had Manning in any of my leagues, I'd be trying to trade him for two big players and a third bye week stop gap.
    I'm okay with Bush, but I'd look for something other than Fitz. See if you can get a RB handcuff that actually plays out of whatever deal you make. Maybe Ben Tate or something like that.

8. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've sent out feelers on Reggie Wayne, Bush and Kendall Hunter for Manning. This is probably the trade that makes or breaks my season.

9. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Although Manning is a beast, there is an over abundance of adequate point scoring QB's this year. I think 15 of the top 20 point scorers are QB's so far.

10. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What is even more suspicious is the person who I lost them to was 10/10. I don't understand AT ALL. AND this is the person I am playing this week, both of us are 3-1

anyway, guess I can't do anything about it now. So, lineup check for week 5 because since that seems so unfair, it will be a big slap in the face if she plays those guys and beats me.

QB - Ryan
    RB - Foster, Powell (C. Johnson, F. Jackson, P. Thomas)
    WR - Marshall, Colston (S. Johnson, J Gordon)
    TE - Bennet (Olsen)
    D/ST - Browns
    K - Gostkowski

11. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd start Fred Jackson ahead of Powell.
    Even though there was some concern about his knee, Spiller looks to be out so he should see all the carries this week.
    I still wouldn't trust a Jets running game especially if ATL runs up the score.

12. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I traded Manning and Sidney Rice for Wayne and Bush. Somehow, I think the loss of Rice isn't going to keep me awake. Naturally, he'll score a bunch and go over 100 yards receiving.

My line up now (14 team league):

QB Schaub
    WR DeSean Jackson
    WR Reggie Wayne
    RB Reggie Bush
    RB Eddie Lacy
    TE Julius Thomas
    W/T Mike Wallace
    W/R Kenbrell Thompkins
    W/R/T Stevan Ridley
    Bench
    QB Hoyer
    RB Doug Martin (bye)
    RB Laveon Bell (bye)
    RB Rashad Jennings
    WR Leonard Hankerson (bye)

I'm seriously thinking about benching Schaub for Hoyer as Schaub sounds ripe for a spanking on the road against SF. Hoyer is home and playing Buffalo. I'm also thinking about playing Jennings since he'll will be getting the carries with McFadden and Reese hurt and benching Ridley, who has been as patently awful. Am I getting too cute?

13. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not at all. I benched Ridley for Blount in one of my leagues because he's not doing anything for me. He has 16pts in 4 games. It's sad the 3rd back on the depth chart has more points.
    I'd definitely start Hoyer ahead of Schaub.
    You've got a pretty nice team once you get Bell back from the bye week.

14. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh yeah. I've got Gronk too. Depending on the byes shake out, I may be able to swing a trade for a QB that doesn't throw pick 6's in consecutive weeks.

15. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm playing 3 players from Buffalo this week.

No advice needed cuz I GOT FAITH

16. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aaaand of course Hoyer got injured literally less than 5 minutes into the goddamn game. Fuck my life. This is your cue to watch for Schaub to torch the San Fran's defense on Sunday.

17. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's unfortunate what happened to Hoyer. It's clear Wheedon is fucking terrible in comparison.
    Tough break for you JJ.

18. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey - thanks dude. I'll take 2 TDs! And my opponent has CJ Spiller and his TD on her bench which makes it twice as sweet.

and even my bench players are scoring TDs. I guess I can stop being all sour milk over here now.

19. Slivers

Slivers
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I hope for your sake one of them was fast freddy. Kaep has been royally screwing me this season. Strongly considering trading, but I'm holding onto hope he kicks it into gear. After last season I told myself I would never draft Moreno. Well, I'm kind of glad I did now. He's not terrible for a flex spot till Lacy gets back

20. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Standard 10 team league. Bonuses at 100, 150 and 200 yards. Need to fill my flex spot. Danny Woodhead or Alshon Jeffery?