Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by D26, Aug 25, 2013.

1. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Phillips vs Oakland or Romo vs Washington?

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Phillips vs Oakland. Did you just see what KC did to them? Brutal.

3. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hmm, you make a good point.

But than again, I've also seen your own inability to apparently understand even the most basic concepts of fantasy football in the board's league, so trusting your judgment seems slightly ill-advised...

Decisions, decisions...

4. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

According to weighted DVOA, Oakland is the worst team in the league right now. Rivers could throw the ball straight up and still probably come away with an 8 yard completion.

5. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Being from KC, I have watched every single Chiefs game. However this past week I was on the East Coast, and they don't care about (or televise) KC or Oakland out there. From what everybody is saying, I guess Oakland really stinks, huh? OK, Rivers it is.

6. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've got a fair number of options at QB now since a few people were making desperate matchup-grabs during the last two playoff games.

Right now I've got Cutler in at Philly, which seems like the best matchup option. I've got Alex Smith on my bench. Matthew Stafford just became a free agent as well.

Any thoughts?

7. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm in the same boat is Binary - 3 quarterbacks with huge upside, mostly because people tried to play to matchups last week and I dumped by garbage bench players just to keep them out of other people's hands. My options are Romo @ Washington, Stafford vs NYG, and Cutler @ Philly.

Cutler was my first choice since Stafford has shit the bed 2 weeks in a row (though the god damn snow hell game in Philly contributed to that) and Romo is Romo/Dallas will probably play the running game hard this week. The only issue is Cutler (830pm start time) will likely be benched if the Giants can upset the Lions at 1pm. Romo is also a 1pm start, so I could conceivably lose all 3 of my options if I gamble and the Giants fuck me.

I'm leaning towards Stafford as the safe pick, but I'm interested in any feedback I can get.

8. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who would be play for RB2 (standard scoring league)

Andre Brown vs. Detroit
    F Jax vs Miami

9. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like Brown. Running back by committees always make me nervous.

10. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hope you played Jackson.

I threw in Stafford at the last minute after seeing a few comments about Trestman possibly resting people and I wasn't going to be able to check my lineup prior to 4. That worked out wonderfully. Sigh. Along with KC's defense putting up a goose egg.

Murray and Green were saving my bacon though. Still need some points tonight and tomorrow but at least I'm not out of it yet.

11. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I played Jackson. I was ready to trade it out but I remembered the SAT/Exam advice about not making changes last minute so held tight.

and.....

Winner winner chicken dinner! (well unless Vernon Davis somehow gets me about negative 20 points)

I want a Super Bowl Ring.

12. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Awesome.

My team managed to survive Stafford, Megatron and Kansas City as well... I'm 3 points up with my kicker to go tonight (he's done).

And I got to watch the Bills dismantle the Dolphins in person. Good weekend all around.