Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Gene Simmons Family Jewels

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Every now and then I've found myself checking out an episode of this show, just to see how rich and egotistical live.

I just watched the most recent 3 hours worth of episodes, and have to say it's pretty fucking riveting.

We all probably know Gene is an egomaniac blowhard and womanizer, but it's all coming to a head recently. He's in therapy, and in some pretty open sessions his family has basically called him out as being a liar and a blowhard and a shitty dad.

The early seasons were all the good times of them all having fun and being a loving family, but it's now the complete opposite.

Shannon has moved back to Saskatoon with her Mom, and there are a lot of truths being sent Gene's way, and he looks like a man who's been emotionally ruined and isn't liking what he's being show.

This has turned into a very interesting, if not invading look at a "rock star family" and how they're dealing with the shitty parts that can come along with it.

Normally I wouldn't bring it up, but the show seems to have taken a turn from the exploitative ego trip to a very interesting examination of some pretty intimate shit.

I know I'll be tuning in more now, just thought a few others might like a heads up as well.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually watched a good chunk of shows this season when they went to Israel. Was interesting to see his family history. Hard not to think some of the split was manufactured for the show though, the Behar show thing felt very very convenient before the season started. Anyway Shannon has given me a mega boner since I was a tweener. She still looks good.