Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Aetius, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes as far as worse ways to die having both eyes gouged out and your skull crushed with someones bare hands beats having one eye gouged out and beating to death with a log. I still give the Deadwood fight the edge as far as cinematic fight scenes go. That entire fight was brutal and well executed. This one, while fitting nicely story wise, wasn't as exciting as far as fight scenes go outside of the brutal ending. Obyrn had the upper hand basically the entire time, only being knocked down or off balance maybe why 2-3 times? I've heard in the book The Mountain gains the upper hand quite a bit more than he did in that scene. What I really did like about the fight scene was showing Tywin, Cercsei, and Jamie's reactions to the fight. I was right with Jamie hoping with glee that the mountain might lose, I hated both Tywin and Cersei's looks of disgust with zeal. Something that can only be done by seasons long building of characters this show does great.

2. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All those bitches who doubted Sansa now be on the Sansa Train, nonstop to Badass Town where she is about to become mayor.

I have no idea what they're going to do with her now, but anything that keeps Baelish's mustache in my dreams is alright by me.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

I mean dude has gone off the deep end as far as creepy maniac that wants to fuck a minor because he couldn't fuck her mother goes. The stache and sole patch just add to his all time creepy vibe.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

In real life Littlefinger would be that never-married neighbour with the "magical playland of secrets" basement filled with stuffed animals and an air hockey table.

Although, at least his character actually IS a character with screen time and intentions this season, instead if a sneering little shit who pops up time to time.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

See guys? Everything's ok.

6. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's one big motherfucker. Damn.

7. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Disagree, he'd be that asshole at work who has risen to upper management despite the fact that nobody really likes him and you can't think of a single notable project he's been a key part of.

He's slimy and a bit unsettling, but he's not some skeevy pedophile. He's a manipulative genius.

8. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I swear, sometimes you boys have no imagination. Poised to be the woman playing the game with secretly one of the most powerful men in the kingdom? I'm not saying I'd hitch my horse to him for life, but I'd make that wagon rock a few times before I moved out of harm's way.

On the more serious side, Baelish as a man in his 30s or 40s marrying a girl 15/16 is not out of the realm of thought. Please refer back to my very srs post about age for more on that subject.

But even more seriously, like you wouldn't want the premier whoremaster of Westeros being your first time. Unf.

9. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am just bummed the Imp won't be around for much longer, his scenes are always great.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I'd def want the guy who wanted to fuck my mom since they were both teens being my first too....

11. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Lena Headey has been trolling us for a few months now on Instagram.

http://instagram.com/p/mVN1fdvAzU/

There's also another one of rocks in a certain formation that may or may not be alluding to a certain character showing up soon.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not saying names, but some of you guys take this shit too literally and too much at face value to understand the big picture. This isn't to sound like a dick, because this show is constantly throwing shit out there. There are these seemingly throw away one-liners that get said that have HUGE ramifications later. I have one bookmarked that I'm going to call out after episode 10, and you guys are going to be like "Holy fuck, that lead to this, and then that." Yup, that's the show.

The scene discussing the retarded cousin, wasn't about making fun of the cousin, it had three different levels. One is the meta view of Martin being the cousin, the show runners having a fun/dark commentary on why he is just killing people off (that scene is only in the show). Two is the actual view of power over other people and how the best survival in this world is being the one with the rock (echoing what the Hound keeps telling Arya). Three is the depressing idea that once all core functions are stripped from man, the one thing they can still do well is kill. With all of his mental faculties taken away, why is his default killing?

Everyone thinks Bran and Rickon (yeah, remember him?) are dead. So what does Sansa really represent? Connect that to what Roose Bolton says about the North. Do you really think he just wants pussy of a 15 year old OR maybe not only getting the Vale, Harrenhal and the largest fucking chunk of Westeros just by marrying Sansa?

This dude fucking now owns TWO castles, one may be a piece of shit called Harrenhall but he owns two. Marrying Sansa gives him three. No one else owns two castles. Now connect that back (I know it was like 4 weeks ago) to what he said to Sansa on the boat. Something along the lines of "If people know what you want, blah blah blah, if they never know what you want, then they can't do shit to you". Now given that this man is THE MASTER of manipulation, how are you going to get more co-operation from Sansa? Keep her scared and in check, have her help you that way though fear? Well that could backfire and she could tell the truth in front of the Tribunal. OR do you make her think she has something on you, can influence you and is safe. So she helps you thinking she's helping herself because you care about her?

Think bigger, do you really think he kissed Sansa because he couldn't help himself and Lysa just HAPPENED to see it? You forget this entire show, this ENTIRE show is based off Littlefinger doing shit in the background. Everything that has fucking happened, happened because of Littlefinger nudging shit.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey we know shit is all interconnected any different levels etc. Can't we just bitch about superficial creepiness of a creepy dude? Obvi Little Finger has bigger plans. Durr.

14. Not the Bees!

Not the Bees!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This is trending and it's pretty funny, how the Oberyn/Mountain fight should have ended:

#1014 Not the Bees!, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  15. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm wondering this one-liner you are alluding to is during one of Littlefinger's monologue's. If the writer's were intentionally alluding to something else that will happen in Ep. 10. I can't remember if the speech is in the book or not. This is a heavy spoiler so if you don't want a character's fate revealed and/or ruined for you do NOT click the spoiler.

The speech with Robin about dying and how some people die sitting on the chamber pot, seeing as how that's EXACTLY how Tywin dies.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Soz, just defensive of my littlefinger....

17. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HE'S NOT CREEPY HE'S A STAND-UP GENTLEMAN WITH MANY GOOD QUALITIES THAT INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO OWNING CASTLES AND PEOPLE.

Also can we not talk about how terrible Emilia Clarke was in this last episode? That close-up of her after exiling Jorah made me think she was auditioning for Ray 2: Reincarnated As A British White Girl Boogaloo.

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes we can not talk about it. There is no talking about Khaleesi, First of her Name, Breaker of Chains, The Unburnt, The Mother of Dragons...

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Tonight's episode looks like another battle episode, and its helmed by horror director Neil Marshall whose only previous episode was 2-09 "Blackwater".

Dis gonna be GOOD.

20. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Except i don't really feel like they've built up the threat of the huge wildling army at all. Only Tormund and his band of scarred dudes.