Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Aetius, Sep 18, 2010.

1. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also are we just going to forget about Bronn swearing up and down that he saw Shae get on a ship and leave King's Landing? Because obviously that's not what happened, unless we're also meant to assume that her ship was intercepted and forced back at some point. Tyrion knows when he's been lied to, except this one time I guess.

See what happens when you fuck with the program?

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Once that hand maiden spilled the beans to Cersi Im pretty sure everything that happened to Shea from then on out was done by Cersi's hand.

Im also wondering what Little Finger plans to do with Sansa. I mean she's still wanted for Jeoffry's murder, he can't just hide her in the Vale her whole life can he? It seems like he positioned himself by marrying that loon so he could be the lord regent of the vale now that she's out of the way. All I know is Little Finger is a skeezy skeezy man. When/if Tyrion's champion succeeds will Sansa be off the hook too? I totally blew my guess on his champion as well.

The new Mountain looks a bit young for the character he's supposed to be playing. Don't know why they recast the guy from the first season (this is the second recasting), he looked a lot more what I imaged The Mountain to look like.

edit: Milesandre's tittays!!! FTW!

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like that they got Rorge and Biter in there, even if it was exceptionally short.

Poor Jorah, lucky Dario. Damn, Danaerys looked good.

Fuckin Breanne, "You were saying?" Cracked me up.

God damn Dinklage has to win an Emmy again this year. The man is a master.

Is it just me, or is Littlefingers accent very different this year? Also, holy fuck, kissing Sansa was creepy. I'd totally forgotten about Baelish killing Lysa. And with no shifty minstrel to blame... hmm.

Can't wait for Mountain/Viper.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude! Ive been thinking this the whole season. It's like he decided to talk 60% more gravel-ie?

5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The whole Shae plot line doesn't really make sense at this point. When the writers reveal her reasons for betrayal and the explanation for why she's either back or never left I seriously hope it's better than "I was so angry about the marriage you were forced into with that girl you never slept with."

So who hasn't been counting down to the mountain/viper fight this whole season? They still have so much to cram into the last episodes, it's going to be awesome.

I still can't figure out what little finger's plan for an end game could possibly be. He's been a lot more blunt in the tv show than in the books about wanting to make a bid for the iron throne, but without any claim, and without any prospect for controlling any army in the long run I don't see how he could pull it off. I have a couple ideas bouncing in my head, but in all those scenarios the people he's dependent on could at any time just realize how easily they can edge him out with their more firm grip on power. So he's regent of vale now, but can only hold it until Robin comes of age, and even if Robin dies the title still just passes to someone other than himself. I actually detest little finger, but he's a great character and I can't wait to see how it plays out.

My best guess is that he plans to unite the north and vale with a marriage from Sansa and then use those two armies to put him on the throne. However, there is essentially nothing to stop them from backing out of their support at any time they choose once the marriage is consummated and the north back in Stark hands.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Who would've thought Littlefinger turning out to be creepy? Fans of awkward, welcome to Heebie-Jeebies Inc.

Is Sandor Clegane going to die of Khal Drogo disease? I have a feeling that's coming, which would suck since he an Arya have great chemistry.

If that was the last we see of Bronn, it was a great way for him to leave. I knew sooner or later a greater reward would drag him elsewhere, but he kept it classy with Tyrion, stated the facts, and even Tyrion agreed. Of course, Dinklage trumped that scene with Martell who is easily the coolest new character. Is "The Red Viper" some ironic joke because he's always the colour of Big Bird. It reminds me of the scene from True Lies:

This season has the best character-on-character moments of any season, and Im hoping for these floodgates everyone keeps hinting at to blow their load soon.

7. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I believe the Dornish standard is a golden spear/sun combo on a crimson field. I think his armor is also supposed to be red. And he's well known to poison his blades, hence Viper.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No season is complete until Milisandre gets nekkid. Once again, she did NOT disappoint. Dayum.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes a quite extended scene too. Though I do prefer seeing them in a sex/fucking context instead of talking to weird woman about her disfigure child.

10. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus, fuck. Dat episode.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well that was a depressing episode of television. Let's recap:

-A guy is all hot and bothered over a chick he can't bang because his penis was cut off.

-Dany sent Lord Friendzone packing because he was spying on her.

-Oberyn got his fucking head caved in.

-A girl takes some bizarre pleasure in her aunts "suicide."

-Two brothers sit around and make fun of a retard who ended up getting kicked to death by a mule.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Martin I firmly believe is a SADIST. Cool character you 're just getting into DEAD. Long standing fan favorite? Sentenced to death. FUCK. If Ayra and the Hound don't turn around and leave I'd be super surprised.

Yeah I have no idea what is going on with Sansa, the scene with her sewing and coming down the stairs all dressed up was very off-putting in that is she going to fuck/did she just fuck Little Finger?

13. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sansa is taking her first step toward Cerseihood.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Could Martell have died more horribly? Awesome fight, but that was insanely hateful. Is Clegane dead too? He collapsed and didn't move, isn't that a tie or something? I cant see Tyrion simply going down over this bullshit, because in the end I want to him to get the last laugh over Cersei and Tywin, its the right thing.

Arya cracking up was a complete riot. I think I was laughing as hard as she was, that was so perfect how they showed her laughter over her aunt's death just booming through the canyon.

After everything Jorah has done and advised for Dani, she drops him over shit that happened years ago? She's a DUMBASS for doing that. She's where she is largely because of him.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well since we learned last episode Cersei was a wicked bitch from childhood I don't think Sansa could be the same leave of cunt. Schemer? Yes. Misanthrope? Sure. Raging bitch by nature? No.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

She could be playing Baelish, that would be awesome. Years of torment have made her devious and hardened, while maintaining a frail and innocent demeanor. Let him clear a path then stab him in the back once the coast is clear. Baelish's plan just goes on and on and ON since season one. Crazy. What is the smarmy little shit's endgame?

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In my opinion that was the best episode of GoT in the series thus far. They fucking knocked it out of the park.

1) In a show with countless beautiful women, Nathalie Emmanuel may be the most attractive of them all. God damn she is stunning in a totally adorable way that is my kryptonite.
    2) Jorah attemping a Hail Mary from like 80 yards deep in the friend zone and barely lobbing it past the line of scrimmage.
    3) Alfie Allen putting on an acting clinic as Theon. So amazingly well done.
    4) Arya just cracking up laughing at finding her aunt had died. The Hound just can't catch a break.
    5) Sansa starting to "sprout wings" (see what I did there) and enter the game as a player. Plus she lookin' damn fine...
    6) The brothers Lannister mocking their downsie cousin. Awesome.
    7) The fight. Holy fuck the fight. Best choreographed fight I've seen on television (up there with Hector vs Achilles in Troy), amazingly well acted, and even more brutal than the book. Aces.

19. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That episode ended and I literally said "womp womp" out loud to myself. Fucking A. Though I had a feeling something bad was going to happen cause he was far too likable a character and Martin hates having those sort of blatantly likable characters hanging around. Sheeit.

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That fight was worse than the Deadwood fight with Dority. I forgot who he fought but I remember him tearing one of the dudes eyes out of his head and then bashing in his skull with a rock or something. That was one of the worst ways someone could die. Jesus.