Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

It’s obvious that Tywin will kill Dany. It parallels his brother’s story arc with the first mad king.

Are Cersei and Jamie dead?

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought Tywin was dead.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

And you call yourself a fan?

More seriously, where did all the Dothraki come from?

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They said half of them were killed in Winterfell.

Dani is now a tyrant. That has been revealed to be the main plot of this show: how she was was slowly pushed into becoming the sadistic HNIC. The whole series set her up to be the ultimate hero and finally, in the end, she’s the most horrible villain of all. Which is completely in character for who she is. She has two violent armies and a dragon backing her. Whoever kills her, if they do, dies too.

So, like people have been insinuating.... perhaps the bad guys ARE going to win. In one episode they exterminated all the remaining villains and invented some new ones.

Bronn. Bronn is going to kill Dani, Tyrion will sick him on her so he can get his castle.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Side question: do you guys think it was their devilish intention to release that episode on mother’s day? Because we watched a LOT of mothers get burned alive holding their children by the mother of dragons in that episode.

6. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I kind of enjoyed the absolute psychosis.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So far the places I frequent have loved the scorched earth hell fire. Bloodlust is the ultimate fan service. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Though there were a lot of pain points. I don’t like how Jamie and cercsai went out. Made his hooking up with Brienne pointless. Euron and his final fight with Jamie was stupid and pointless because I guess getting a foot and a half dagger shoved in both kidneys only temporarily phases you.

I had always kicked around the idea Sansa may rule in the end. This certainly sets that up somewhat particularly if Jon dies killing Dany.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think it was marvellous. The biggest “fuck you” since the Red Wedding. Another thing the show had been lacking was its ability to gut-punch you. Well, that’s out the door.

That was absolute, total carnage. What did she kill, tens of thousands? Millions?

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All of them.

10. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I can only rarely keep track of who is named who. I’m better than my dad, who refers to Peter Dinklage only as “the midget.”

11. Smatek1001

Smatek1001
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

So who do you guys think is going to end up King/Queen of Westeros? Dany? Jon? Sansa?

My vote is for the weird kid in the wheelchair.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Squinty Stark also doesn’t want the throne.

13. Smatek1001

Smatek1001
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

So who do you think wins in the end?

14. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Certainly not the viewer.

15. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I did enjoy several scenes from episode 5.

Tyrion and Jaime, great scene. Daytime, well lit combat....cool. All things Clegane. Dead stupid pirate, great.

Those scorpions were sure a lot stronger when the plot required it, though. And Dany's dark turn, in the final hour, after victory was hers? I mean, ok, but, lame.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

Arya didn't even need additional motivation to murder Dany before Arya watched her barbecue a bunch of peasants because she could. And it'll fulfill the green eyes prophecy.

It's hard to know what's going to happen when she dies. Drogan could go berserk and destroy what's left of Westeros, or accept Jon as his rider, giving him a relatively easy path to the Iron Throne. I sincerely doubt Grey Worm is going to let something as major has his liberator dying go without making someone answer for it. A battle between the North and what's left of Dany's army could wipe out everybody. Plus wondering if people's loyalties will flip if/when Jon becomes king. Can't wait for next week.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's interesting to see that a number of what I would consider to be GRRM outcomes came to be in the last episode, but without his masterful writing to lead up to it. It's kind of like someone attempted to get there but then just rushed it and said, "here, this is what happens", with kind of a shitty lead-up.

I quite liked the episode.

In other news, Khaleesi was the 549th most popular name for girls last year.

https://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-arya-khaleesi-popular-names-for-baby-girls-2019-5

Gee... I wonder how they feel about picking that name now?

"oh, my cute little girl, yeah, she's a bit fucking nuts..."

19. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A point I think gets lost when adapting a book to TV or a movie is that stuff needs to get cut down in the interest of how much time is available, how much money there is, and what the fan's want to see. If we stop and consider that GRRM still has a book and a half to go to finish the series, think about how much of that needs to be condensed into a season that is typically 10 hours, and it isn't as if the show's writers have the luxury of working from a completed text. For all we know, they might have gotten some info from GRRM that might be significantly changed by the time book comes out.

Given these handicaps, it's kind of amazing we got a coherent and compelling story at all. Considering that A Song of Fire and Ice was purposefully written to never be adapted in the first place, I'm more than willing to cut the writers a lot of slack so they could conclude an unfinished story.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The only reason it is being rushed is because of the writers. GRRM, HBO, the actors and everyone else wanted to draw out the final season. The two show runners with creative control decided to condense it into 6 episodes. They had all the availability they needed.