Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Bronn scene did feel shoe horned in. Got to get a fan favorite a few more pithy lines. I gathered the turrets those big crossbows were on had 360 degrees of motion. I’ll never get why decided just to have Dani, and then Jon, just holding on to the dragons’ scales while doing intense G aerial battles. The books described the saddles dragon riders made and they had plate armor to defend against the exact weapons in the show.

Still just killing off safe side characters. I’m guessing D&D don’t want to try killing off a Tyrion or Jon Snow and have a huge backlash when they’d fuck it up. Dany would make the most sense since Jon would end up a reluctant ruler.

2. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I’m going to say it plainly: this season sucks. Bad special effects, shitty character development and sloppy handling of plot.

It feels like the last season of Banshee when they got cancelled halfway through filming and had to wrap up three seasons worth of story arcs in four episodes.

3. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just don't see how they're going to wrap this up with only two episodes left. This whole season feels rushed, and apparently the reason why was revealed last night:
    20190506_122226.png

Someone should lay off the Starbucks.

I didn't notice it, but apparently the rest of the Internet did.

4. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like everyone else has been saying, how the fuck with her flying up in the air didn't she see the fucking ships, and didn't the ballista have to shoot the dragon through the eye and they were awfully far away when they were shooting. And how the hell did half of the armies survive the dead, they sure made it look in Ep3 that barely anyone survived now half? Fucking Sansa, cant keep her mouth shut. I hoped Massandei would of grabbed Cersei and jumped off the wall. Each episode is getting worse and worse.

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to agree: Season 8 sucks. It just feels rushed, half-assed, and weirdly smashed together.

The moments that should feel like a swan song: nearly all of episode 2, The Hound and Arya's moments together, Arya and Gendry's moments, Jaime and Brienne, Bronn reuniting with Jaime and Tyrion, all fall apart literally a few minutes later.

Cersei's story arc has no value, she's just a one-dimensional character, which sucks so bad. Every single person on her side in King's Landing is boring as fuck to watch. Euron Greyjoy is just poorly written.

Jon's sudden surge as potential heir is weak, as if we're supposed to forget about 4 seasons of his character being minor, and three where he hasn't really been a quality leader of fuck-all.

It also feels like they can't really surprise us anymore, so the attempts at surprise are just lame as fuck.

I'll be glad when this show ends, but God damn is this disappointing.

6. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And i forgot the worst thing of all. Jon Snow doesn't even say goodbye to the dire wolf.

edit: And completely forgot there is only 2 episodes left, this is going to suck so bad.

#86 wexton, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
  7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They fucked up last season just going full fan service instead of risk taking with quality storylines. Now it’s painfully obvious they can’t match GRRM’s talent for intriguing and immersive plots and they have to end it without completely pissing off fans. So you get Danys hand maiden as the “shocking” death. To think the two executive producers are being treated like wunderkind and being offered huge deals now just pisses me off.

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What’s the deal with the ravens Bran sent right around the battle sequence last episode?

Does anyone think anything will come from that?

9. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

pretty sure they have did that a few times now

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Well, episode four was 90 minutes of filler and padding. Arya leaving with Clegane to go kill people was the only thing that blew my skirt up.

I mean... you had TWO FUCKING YEARS to make six episodes. “Up to par” is not what I would call this.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

They should have just tied a dragon glass dagger to one of them and when Bran wargs into one he flies it into the Night King.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It also feels like “Banshee” because they’re killing off all of the hot chicks.

13. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    [​IMG]

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Of all the terribleness last episode, the Bronn scene irked me the most. I was wondering when someone was finally going to tell him to fuck off every time he asked for a raise. I guess hiding in a tavern for the rest of the war and then demanding Riverrun or HighGarden depending on who wins would have to be it.

Dany should have fired both Tyrion and Varys months ago. Let's not attack king's landing. People could die! Nah, let's just fuck up the entire realm for a few more years. You've watched all of Westeros burn to ashes for 8 seasons and now you're too squeamish for a fight that would end it? This would have been a stretch even for a character like Jon, let alone these two. So much for cleverness and calculated pragmatism.

15. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm calling it: Cersei won the game of thrones.

She's occupied the chair longest, survived the most threats, and even in detested isolation, can't be shook.

I get the hate, but I'm thinking there's much more to the character than just "ruthless cunt". She's been steadily victimized throughout the show: by idealism (her marriage to Robert), by man after man in her family (Jaime, her father, Tyrion, even Lancel fucking Lannister) and outside (the High Sparrow, Ned Stark, etc.). Women have tried to oust her (the Tyrells, Sansa, Dany) and she's literally ruined them all.

This bitch has solidly overcome it all. No powers. No dragons. Ruthless cunning, the whole damned show. No one else had the stones, not even her own brother.

I'm thinking that's the final twist: a monologue from Cersei, having outlasted all the rest, about why she did what had to be done, and what the throne means to her. Her brothers dead, everyone else dead, just her sitting there looking smug as fuck.

Any takers?

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That would be interesting, and would be taking a note from Breaking Bad, kind of. None of my theories have been correct, so why not take a stab at another one?

I think Dany is going to lose her shit at Cersei's cruelty, etc. and assume her father's legacy of being a cold, heartless ruler willing to murder civilians just to win the war. The writers already danced around it in season 7 a bit in a few conversations between her and Tyrion. Jon kills her for... reasons and who knows what happens then.

17. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jamie kill Cersei as the final act of his redemption arc- putting the people above himself, like he did when he killed the mad king.

18. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    This. I think his interaction with Brienne where he talks about how awful he is was intentional, to make the audience think he is leaving to fight for Cersei, when he's actually going to kill her. This will also wrap up his "Kingslayer" story line nicely.

19. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3rd that. That is what i first thought when he left. He is going to save the people so the last dragon doesn't kill them all.

20. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She's already sent assassins after her own brother....

Not buying Jaime kills her...he left Brienne cold, crying with tits aflop to go be with his sister, because Sansa reminded him they were going to kill her. This is the only woman he's truly loved, and done some horrible shit for.