Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I mean, if any of the "leaks" are to be believed, it sounds like youre on the money. But I have no idea how much legitimacy they have.

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's really lame because all I did was go with the most obvious path. I hope they're leaking that intentionally to throw people off. Seems like something the show might do?

One of the things that made the series good was that it was so hard to predict, but shook out in a way that made sense.

Something like Gendry sitting the throne would be an interesting way to go. Few fans would see it coming, yet it would fit perfectly depending on how they progress the plot over the next few episodes.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm just glad that they're attempting to build up to the 90 minute battle episode. They're showing the characters, not just the CGI. In the end, that's what makes George RR as good as he is... his character development. And his complete lack of giving a shit for killing people off.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I really wonder if the show's writers have that same ability as George... I highly doubt it. At least not to his level.

It's pretty obvious when the writer's went off beyond his books.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The only reason I didnt put that in spoilers is because a lot of the leaks in the past have been complete bullshit, so take it with a grain of salt.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I love how we're all coming from the point of view that they somehow win in the first place... what if the Night King wins in the end?

That would be the biggest George RR "fuck you" ever.

"Oh... you think Ned, or the Red Wedding was hard on you? Ha!"

After all, Bran did say something like, "what makes you think we win?"

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Episode was more black than the last episode of the Sopranos.

9. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Okay my thoughts on Episode 3:
    1. They filmed it poorly with all the fog and the snow. I had to shut off every light in the room and even then I couldn’t see what the fuck was going on sometimes.
    2. MELISSANDRE IS A FUCKING BOSS. She totally redeemed every bad thing she ever did. Lighting the swords? Fuck yes.
    3. THE UNSULLIED ARE FUCKING BOSSES.
    4. The heartstrings when the dragons were crying in pain.
    5. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO GHOST.
    6. All in all we got off light and I can’t believe they didn’t kill more people.

10. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

They are going to miss all those Dothraki they threw away for absolutely no good reason.

Also...no oil to pour from the battlements, down on the clumped masses of dead? Pffft.

Jon had little positive impact on the proceedings, but what good was Bran at all, other than the crucial bit of bait...?

It was still a fun bit of television. Arya and her "not today, death" ass kicking antics was great.

11. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought the episode was good, but didn't nearly live up to the "biggest battle in Hollywood history" as it was hyped to be. Maybe from a filming and production standpoint, but it seemed wasted when it was so dark I couldn't see what was going on half the time.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Have to agree with these. Dothraki apparently aren't worth a shit even with bad ass flaming hook swords. The deadites also seem to be severely ADHD, lightening flash flood quick one moment, listlessly absent the next depending on what is needed in the scene.

A few things that were great ideas just weren't pulled off as well as they needed to make the episode truly great:

• Jon ultimately not being the central hero to the battle. The mix of Ayra's "you've shut many bluuueeee eyes...eh eh?", Ayra Stark OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE, and Jon being trapped by the dragon could have been handles less hap hazardly.
    • Tyrion being rendered helpless to out think the situation. I was thinking him and Sansa were about to mercy suicide themselves as THE STARKS' SKELETONS were about to get them. Instead he got up like he was about to lead some last charge only to have the dead fall dead again.
    • I think Theon's story was probably handled the best of any of them. Having betrayed his adoptive family his last stand to ultimately protect them actually used this back story to great effect.
    • This wasn't pulled off well for the other characters they actually focused on. The Hound, Beric, and Jorah Mormont had flashes of it but with much less emotional impact.
    • Bran, Samwell Tarly, Jamie Lanister, Brienne (the fuck didnt they have here OR ANYBODY protecting the helpless people in the crypt?), and Sansa did absolutely nothing and where basically absent from the episode. Too many characters crammed in I guess. Another 10-15 minutes for each to have a little bit better story arch and actually push to help Ayra save the day would have made it better.
    • They played it entirely safe on who died. Jorah, Theon, Berric, and the little Mormont girl. They really should have had a scene were the Little Bear Mormont girl met up with her disgraced but redeemed uncle.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Apparently the darkness has something to do with how the DRM was picked up and compressed like crazy for non-HBO Go broadcasts. Seems like some of the content providers can't handle the darkness properly. From what I've heard, just about everyone who watched it on a 4k monitor on HBO Go, or pirated it, was just fine.

Anyone here pirate it and have issues?

(I'm not watching until tonight so I don't know yet).

14. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We watched on HBO Go, but certainly not on a 4K monitor so maybe that's part of the problem. I've seen a lot of people mention the darkness on social media comments.

The music and the interaction between Sansa and Tyrion when the dead were crawling out of their tombs in the crypt had me convinced they were toast. It was well done, as was Theon's death. Great story of redemption.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah, I thought it was a bit of a letdown. Unless they find a way to circle back to it in the next few episodes, there really should have been a bigger final battle with the Night King. He should have been the final villain in the show since the white walkers were the first ones that were introduced. So now what, they just go and fight Cersei and thats it? They should have split it out into two episodes or something so all the characters had something to do. An didnt Lyanna Mormont already have a moment with Jorah?

Maybe I dont have the darks/blacks calibrated right, but I watched it on a Sony TV via HBO Now and it was still too dark in many scenes.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

“Okay.....people. Everybody put on your corpse-handling gloves, we have 300,000 bodies buried in the snow.”

0223BB6E-A36C-490A-AEE6-084CA2CF112B.jpeg

....did anyone now realize that the “Bring Out Your Dead” guy just became the richest man in the Seven Kingdoms? At least with it being winter the stench won’t be quite as stomach-churning while having an entire castle and kingdom quite literally wallpapered with rotting dead.

There doesn’t need to be another battle. Take Drogon straight to the Red Keep and give it and Cersei the Harrenhal treatment. After all that, is this semi-army of golden mute fags honestly going to stop Dany somehow?

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I turned my brightness all the way up with no real results. After, We tried the hbo app on our computer and it was better. Still don’t know what they were thinking outside of let’s save some money on cgi!

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If you look at the Massacre Of Hardhome, that battle was done in the daylight... it was scarier AND more exciting. I think it’s still the best action sequence ever done on this show.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought the episode was just ok.

Hardhome, like others mentioned was far creepier and more entertaining. Or compare it to blackwater bay where the battle was also a full episode, yet they spent way less money and it was still much better done.

Aside from that, this makes Cersei the final villian of the show. That's kind of lame honestly.