Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah Ive heard that one and a similar one that he was also just another member of the Faceless Men.

2. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I compared it to the first of the Lord Of The Rings movie, kinda setting the scene.

Preach.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking she and her know it all attitude is gonna fuck Jon over.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Nah man Xray, she needed some non brother sex to legitimize the future kid. Had to happen. Euron is no Robert though, boy is crazy.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She going to marry Euron? Cause a bastard ain't getting legitimized. I guess she could marry him and then kill him. Im sure D&D could squeeze that in.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think one will kill the other. Zombie Mountain sure won’t stand for Euron coming out on top.

Euron seems to be one of the few purely one-dimensional characters who gets serious screen time. Not cool enough to be cocky, not three-dimensional enough to be interesting. It seems as though he’s just a black-on-black villain made simply for us to root against.... but he doesn’t sell it like Ramsay or Joffrey.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Very one dimensional.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Go back and watch episode one. Mac from Always Sunny takes an arrow through the eye from Theon during the rescue scene. I guess there’s lots of “blink and you’ll miss it” cameos this year.

9. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

It’s the night before the end of your life and you’re in Winterfell with every person you’ve known for the last eight years. Who do you bang?

10. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brianne of Tarth. Giant bitch would rock my world.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brianne would definitely appreciate it the most. Sansa is so fucking hot though.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That was a solid, old-fashioned episode filled with the sort of interactions that made it stand so far apart from other shows of the same nature. Also, the impending sense of dread and doom was so on-the-surface. Nobody was happy. Everyone thinks they’re going to die.

And now the very anticipated be-all-end-all carnage will begin. “Hardhome” was both my favourite episode and battle of this Series. According to the showrunners this upcoming one is bigger and more expensive than all of them put together.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While I like shows that can take a break for an episode, you could really feel the lack of quality dialogue Martin's material had. Lots of, what could be final, interactions with characters that had amazing storyline's that came off clunky and uninspired. I mean it wasn't laughably bad schlock but far from the highs the series had attained.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m just saying after the video game that was season seven, I’m glad the old form is back. In my opinion reason the character material isn’t as good is because the showrunners are using the story without the benefit of the books now. It’s far from Tywin and Arya’s frenemy duel in season two.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So let’s take bets on who ultimately comes out on top when this is over.

I’m thinking Tyrion. He’s Martin’s favourite character, and after Dany ordered him into the crypts it seemed like foreshadowing that something may happen to both her and Jon. Lots of people are probably going to die soon.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Dany, Cersei, Jaime, Tormund, Bran and Arya all die.

Jon rules as King with Tyrion as his Hand, Sansa rules the North, and Sam is writing a book about it all.

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Brienne dies too.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Becomes a Walker and Tormund has to re-kill her.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im willing to bet quite a bit Sansa will become Queen of the north. I really don't see Dany dying. I guess she would be the ultimate GoT shocking major character kill. If she does I don't see D&D handling it right. Jon finding out he's a Targ from Sam and then telling Dany was ham handed. Im struggling to think how they get this to play out. Dany's whole "your friend and your clairvoyant brother said so? WUT?" reaction was just about right. Jon doesn't seem like he'd ever want to stake his claim, it would kill the teenage romance between Dany and him, as she'd have to turn against him if she wanted to stake hers.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the prediction I made last season, and I'm sticking with it.

I called that before they started humping each other, but it was pretty obvious things were going that way.

Thus far I'm just glad this season hasn't been a disaster. I don't know that you could call it good, but it's exceeded my very low expectations after everything they fucked up in the closing episodes of season 7.

I love how every time it comes up Martin talks about how completely focused he is on finishing the books. Riiiiiiight. And how many more illustrated novels and extra lore novellas should we expect first?

I blame the hot groupies. How is a man that old and that fat supposed to focus with all those cosplay hotties around?