Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Apr 2, 2019.

1. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And it was a shock that jon actually killed her, i am glad it ended like that.

It wasn't a good ep, but maybe the cluster fuck of the season it was made it look better then it was, i didn't like it, but i also didn't hate it as much as the other episodes.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

• Ok so Sam's radical notion could actually work here if they treat it with some gravitas. Maybe they invent a Republic like Rome did, maybe they draft a constitution and invent constitutional monarchy... nope, they invented a Kingsmoot, WHICH THE IRON ISLANDS ALREADY CAME UP WITH.
    • I get that it's a petty detail but there would be no wolfshead ships. The Starks are about as far from the coast as you can get, and the only meaningful ships in the North belong to the Manderlys of White Harbor. I mean maybe Arya commissioned a special carving before she headed out, but whatever.
    • Who the fuck was at the Kingsmoot and how did they justify certain votes? The ones that belonged:
      • Sansa - Lady of Winterfell, Warden of the North
      • Robin - Lord of the Vale, Warden of the East
      • Gendry - Lord of Storm's End
      • Tyrion - Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West
      • Quentyn(?) Martell - Prince of Dorne
      • Edmure Tully - Lord of Riverrun
      • Yara Greyjoy - Lady of Pyke
      • Bronn I guess? - Lord of Highgarden, Warden of the South - MISSING
      • Grey Worm - Master of War, representing House Targaryen
        But Arya? Brienne? Davos? Yohn? Maybe the latter two are non-voting advisors, but then where are the advisors for the rest of them?
        Sam I guess could represent the Citadel in a pinch, but with the time that has passed they should be able to send a senior maester. And who the fuck were those two randos? Other than the Reach I can't think of any region that wasn't represented already.
    • For a second I thought they were going to Dark Tower it and Jon would turn into a white walker and become the Night King, and Bran would become Bran the Builder and rebuild the wall and time would be a flat circle.
    • Too many "for the lols" moments, like Edmure's sword clang and Tyrion being omitted from the history. Also how does a maester bang out a history faster than a small council gets assembled?

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also because I wasn't here for Ep 5:

I've never seen an episode of TV that was worse written yet better directed. Holy shit they directed the fuck out of that trash script.

4. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would also say the acting has be great. whole season of cersie staring out the window with just emotion from her eye it was great.

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God damn it.

THAT was the ending we waited 10 years (or some of us 23 years) to see?

Signing that petition now...

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I stand by this statement 100%, and I can’t believe it actually ended that way. As others had said, what the fuck is the point of the Nights Watch? And how did the Wall and Castle Black get magically healed? Weren’t the events only a few weeks earlier?

The last few episodes were insanely rushed. Dany’s move to the dark side and character’s transformation was so poorly explored that it was just jarring and confusing. They needed a few more episodes or the rest of the season to really flesh that out. I wanted to see the response of the rest of Westeros after they find out about King’s Landing or when theyre receiving the letters Varys was sending off via ravens. Instead they essentially retconned the motivations of previous events to explain it. “See?! It was coming all along!”

The major character deaths were lame. All that exposition and building for near afterthoughts. Cersei and Jamie deserves a far better send-off than that. Then we’re treated to Bran, of all fucking people, becoming King. I’m glad they didn’t do the democracy thing, that would been a little silly. But Bran? He sat on the sidelines for the last 3 seasons and wasn’t even in season 5 (I think).

It was a shitty, rushed final season. I read an article that said it’s going to be controversial. It won’t be, because everyone is going to hate it.

3/10

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This at least is explainable. The Night King broke through at Eastwatch by the Sea, not at Castle Black.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Oh ok. I couldn’t remember exactly, but I remember Tormund being there or kind of.

Best comment I’ve see on reddit:

“Bran: I can never be Lord of Winterfell, I can never be Lord of anything, I'm the three-eyed raven.

Also Bran: I'm the King”

And on that, when the Lords asks if you would accept being the King, it would have been nice for him to give a non-autistic response for once. He said something like, “Why do you think I came all this way?”

Okay, asshole. Theyre not asking whether you want onions on your pizza. They’re asking you to be the supreme ruler. And why the hell does he even need a Master of Whisperers? And all the other Lords are 100% ok with Starks ruling absolutely everything, even the Brexited North? Why is the Dornish guy even there?

The best part of the finale was Dany’s speech. Emilia Clarke sold the shit out of that. I wonder if she’d ever admit it, but it seemed heavily influenced by Hitler’s speech when he took over from Hindenburg, complete with fascist imagery.

9. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve watched every episode but between this thread and Reddit I’ll be skipping this last one, they took a great show and shit all over it these last two seasons.

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I definitely thought of Hitler during that speech. That’s the first thing that came to mind with her tone and cadence. It was a very bleak and dark scene for celebrating a victory.

11. MobyDuk

MobyDuk
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Hollywood has rules about these things:

Mandatory ending #1 – They all live happily ever after.

Or, Mandatory Ending #2 – The hero rides off into the sunset (“Shane, Shane, come back Shane.”

Ending # 3 – For mega-hits only, #1 plus #2.

They nailed it!

12. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean Gendry had no army to back him up, and it seems as though Grey Worm at least had the ability to shit on some of those choices.

That whole scene was dumbly written and superbly acted. Aside from the "Who the fuck is that, and where the fuck have they been?" response, one of the burning questions is: how did everyone know/believe that shit about Bran? What if he was just making the three-eyed raven shit up? A few people in that circle might have believed him, not everyone.

Also, the whole thing coming from a Tyrion monologue fucked with me. No one else had good input? Like, no one else could have said, "no we can't do it that way, because.."?

Also also, Sansa declaring the north independent made no fucking sense, because her OWN GODDAMNED BROTHER was named king. Winterfell wouldn't have bent the knee, they would have had Bran as ruler no matter what.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Let Dany rule after what she did one whole entire episode ago? I don’t think so.

DF825EFC-7F97-41D0-AB16-CBBF54CEBC03.gif

Once again, Dumb and Dumber crams in an entire season in to one fucking episode. The first half of it was great, the best of the season. Then, well....what we knew would happen happened.

And for those of you who think this is the worst fucking up of a show never watched Penny Dreadful or True Blood. Walking Dead at least became a good show again.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The KingsMoot has to go down as an all time bad scene. I also thought Drogon melting down the Iron Throne was about as ham assed writing that Ive ever seen. The dragon knows this is the physical representation of the lust for power that doomed his mother. He has to destroy that! Brilliant! The whole episode was young adult novelist bad.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just watched it. That was painful.

At about 15 minutes into the episode I was already hating it, but this was the scene where it took a turn from ugly to full on cringe. When Dany died, which everyone saw coming anyway, it occurred to me how little I cared about any of the characters by now. From there on I rooted for Drogon to kill everyone. That would have at least been cathartic, after 2 seasons of running the best fantasy series ever written into the ground. Drogon burning the throne was like the end of that Southpark episode where 'they finally understand the symbolism of the mirror.' Except Southpark was joking, the people who wrote this shit were serious.

So they named Bran as king. Another twist that's only a twist because it's so stupid no one could see it coming. People have tried to imagine the worst possible endings to the show, and they somehow surpassed that. Fuck me. Not even ten seconds into his rule he's already lost one of the seven kingdoms and half the land. Gee, do any of the other lords think he sucks at this? Nope, all hail Bran the Broken!

They don't even explain who is in charge of Dorne or what the fuck happened with that plotline, but we do know who rules Highgarden. The Bronnster! No claim, no reason other than he randomly showed up with a crossbow when Jaime and Tyrion were having a drink. Bran seems totally fine with this appointment because Bran fucking sucks at everything. Ah hell, make him master of coin too. Sure, why not? Then Bronn starts talking about rebuilding the brothels because tee hee, that's where da fine bitches was at. Was this episode written by 14 year old dorks playing dungeons and dragons? Oh right, I know who wrote this episode.

[​IMG]

These are the only deaths I will root for now. Fuck you, you fucking scum.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And Disney is banking on them for the next Star Wars Trilogy.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Who knows, Star Wars may be their sweet spot. I think GOT was just too much for them, but Star Wars may not be.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With the quality of the last few Star Wars maybe they are up to making them.

19. Smatek1001

Smatek1001
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

A-hem.

20. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Arya: What's West of Westeros?
    Jon: No one knows.