Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Six episodes remain, among them this season will have the largest budgeted and scaled battle scene ever filmed in history.

It all ends here.

2. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Between this and vacation starting, it gonna be a long week to get through.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cautiously optimistic, after last seasons bullshittery. Emilia Clarke had a stroke mid season shooting? That would explain some of it. I just pray the main two producers leaned more on GRRM to flesh out the ending episodes.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They rushed through more last season than the previous six combined. Characters time-travelled across thousands of miles. Entire castles and their armies talked about for the entire duration of the show were wiped out off-screen.

“Abrupt” didn’t even begin to describe it. And this new season is two episodes shorter than the last.

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is there not a "spoiler" feature in the text editor above or am I just blind?

6. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well.

I enjoyed epsiode 1, there was a lot of fan service, many long delayed reunions. Bran's simple statement to Sam, that he was waiting for "an old friend", played out really well. Jaime was pretty struck by the sight of Bran.

Obviously there is a lot of expostion happening, nothing unexpected in that. Sansa is giving everyone stinkeye, also not a surprise. Surely the new armies arranged food stores, though? It seems like someone would have arranged for that, not just Sansa? I am eager to see what weapon Arya designed...like a spear thrower? She and Gendry are definitely going to turn up that sexual tension. No sign of Brienne? She was there in last season's final episode.

Oh yeah, also Cersei is a tart, paying with the silk purse.Naughty.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Great first episode to set up what’s left. Sansa has certainly been eating her Bitch Flakes for breakfast. I guess after they’re done putting Jaime through the ringer for his crimes, Theon shows up in Winterfell? Because they probably won’t be happy to see him ever since his boys torched the place.

John Bradford was brilliant as Sam this episode. The way he changed his emotive reaction to his brother’s murder compared to his father without speaking.... that was something.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

There was lots of exposition and heavy handed symbolism. Jon Snow “dying” in the Stark crypt in front of the statue of Ned Stark, and Ned’s last words to him were “Next time we meet we’ll talk about your mother.”

The CGI of Jon riding the dragon just looked odd. Overall, a good episode though. Bran is such a fucking weirdo. I did enjoy the meat pinwheel at Last Hearth. Doesn’t exactly spark joy, but it tied the room together.

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Clearly you are not a golfer.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You are Egon Taergerean. First of your name. You collect spores, molds and fungus.

Question: what timeline will you want for the Game Of Thrones prequel? I’m thinking they will either do Year 1 (Aegon’s forceful uniting in the seven kingdoms) or Robert’s Rebellion.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope they do something outside of Westeros, or if it is Westeros make it take place after GOTs and skip doing a prequel. The problem with something like Robert's rebellion is we already know practically every important thing that happens. Same with Aegon's conquest.

Or if they want to go back, go waaay back, something like when Valyria conquered the empire of Ghis.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It would be interesting to see Westeros making actual contact with the Yi Ti Empire or something like that. It could mirror Marco Polo meeting the Mongols or something in real life.

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, that could be cool too. I could easily see a show being centered around a group of traveling characters instead of a courtesan power struggle. It would be an interesting direction.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Let’s not pretend there won’t be multiple spin-offs. It is inevitable on cult shows. Walking Dead had both a prequel and a web series before it was even five years old.

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just watched the first episode. I thought it was ok. Not a lot happening, but that's to be expected for the start of the season I guess.

Really not giving a shit about any of the interpersonal conflicts developing though. Like Sansa not liking Daenarys... just don't give a shit.

I fully expect them to fuck this up over the next few episodes, but whatever the case I really, really hope they kill Bran sooner rather than later. Anybody else sick to death of his all-wise zoned out look at what a fucking doofus I am scenes? I kind of liked his character before, but ever since he returned to winterfell he's just annoying and adds nothing to the show for me.

I too thought the meat wheel was quite nice. I guess I'm a fucking psycho.

#16 Kampf Trinker, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I rewatched it last night. Anyone think its strange that Bran hasnt mentioned Cersei's double-cross plan to anyone at Winterfell? If hes the three-eyed Raven, shouldnt he be seeing that shit? It would be an interesting twist if the Night King took his dragon and went straight for Kings Landing instead of attacking the huge northern coalition army at Winterfell. It would make more sense than taking his ice dragon up against the two remaining ones.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Jaimes is going to tell them about Cersei anyways. It looks as though quite a bit of this season is focused specifically on Winterfell and Kings Landing.

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, if the episode the dragon died in was any indication all he has to do is throw an ice stick at the two remaining. EZ win.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

One of the best theories I’ve heard is that Cerio (Arya’s dance/sword instructor) is also Jacken and has been coaching her well before they met at Harrenhall.