Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Game of Thrones Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kampf Trinker, Jul 18, 2017.

1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can Bran control the dragons with his weirdo power? Asking for a friend...

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Theoretically he could. I think we could do with one less dragon scene and get some more Ghost.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He should make them do flyovers like the Blue Angels.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can he control the dead one?

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Probably. The 3-Eyed Raven told him that, "you'll never walk but you will fly." GoT was never subtle with foreshadowing.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Fucked if I know. I know he can control both living animals and living retarded humans.

Come to think, maybe zombie Hodor will show up. All blue-eyed and murderous and shit. People were already pissed about his death, that would be a capital-Fuck you.

Let's not act like it's not possible. We just watched Blacksmith Baratheon run the equivalent of over 30 miles in dead winter to make a raven fly (flight speed: 22 mph) across half a continent to make dragons fly over an ENTIRE CONTINENT to save a bunch of guys stranded in an ice lake for (however the fuck long you could in sub-zero temps while wounded and exhausted without food) because the dead are just...... standing there. Like an in-between-takes shot for the "Thriller" video. Until Clegane throws a rock and NOW the brainwashed zombies are pissed. So it's 200,000 vs. 6 and we're fresh out of Red Shirts. But here comes Dani, flying high altitude with no earmuffs to make the umpteenth last-second battle rescue in this series. Then oh no them ice javelins. But oh yeah Benjin and the horse that survives on no water or food for ten years in a haunted forest is here. So 30 miles through freezing temps on a running horse after climbing out of an ice lake. Hold my hand.

...That's how goofy a show that was hell-bent on unpredictability, attention to detail and rich characterization got in ten fucking minutes.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

There's only one way to figure out this raven bullshit...

[​IMG]

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Isn't Castle Aaaragh! currently held by the Vale?

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone hear if there was any talk as to who would coordinate the potential game of thrones spin offs? I'm guessing at least one spin off will be coming. The series is a money machine. I really hope D&D stick to the other future projects they have planned. They seem to be very good directors as far as the technical side of things go, but I don't think either of them can write worth a shit. I really think the show only succeeded(err mostly succeeded, it's had its faults) because they had so much source material to rely on. If they didn't have someone else's writing to rely on in the future, I would honestly be quite surprised if they didn't completely fuck it up.

Apparently there's a lot of potentials for a spin off right now, but Robert's rebellion is off the table. I think this is a good move. We already know everything that happens, with detail about as precise as could be without the actual novels having been written. I hope they get away from Westeros in the next series. A series centered around the rise of Valyria could be quite interesting.

The more I think about it this whole season has kind of been a mess. It's been enjoyable for the most part, but mostly because of the already established characters and getting to watch the dragons fuck shit up. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single major plot line this season that hasn't been nonsensical, full of holes, or both.

10. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

11. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuckballs. A lot to unpack. I know we don't normally do a lot of self promotion here, but there's a recap podcast that I'm part of that dug through a lot of this shit tonight. I'm not even in it til about halfway through

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

What an ending, I loved it. Jon banging Dany was a long time coming (even if the actors have little actual chemistry). What the hell was Tyrion's problem with it though? I think it's one of two things:

1. He doesn't want Dany to get pregnant because he is against monarchies. He has made allusions to forming a democratic system before, and Dany having a baby changes that.

2. He made a back-room deal with Cersei. He knew that she would never send the army north, so he cut a deal that her baby would be the heir after Dany (since Dany couldn't be pregnant) in exchange for telling Jon that she would help. It makes sense since she calls Jamie the "dumbest Lannister."

Some other idle predictions for season 8:

-Cersei gives birth to a dwarf. Jamie kills her when she tries to kill the baby.
    -Drogon kills zombie Viseryon (since Khal Drogo killed Viserys).
    -The Hound gets zombified and fights his brother.
    -Danys baby has severe Downs Syndrome due to all the in-breeding.

13. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What's the risk of inbreeding? She's pure Targaryen but he's half Stark, and ALL Stark in his features, plus they're cousins, not brother and sis.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why is Jon now the heir? His father died before he ever held the throne, so it had already passed down to Viserys, later Dany.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The line of succession still goes to the oldest son's (Rheagar's) heir. If Prince Charles and Prince William died in a plane crash the crown would go to William's son before it went to his brother Harry.

15. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This episode was better in a lot of ways.

Can someone elaborate on Cersei's arc?
    "We have to fight the dead...will you help us?"
    Cersei: "No. Fuck all of you."
    Tyrion: "I got this, bitches"
    (Creepy backroom deal)
    Cersei: "I changed my mind."
    Cersei to Jaime, literally moments later: "lol, fuck that, I was kidding, fuck those twats. I got an army coming, and fuck you for trying to help them, even though I'm pregnant with your kid."
    Fucking what now? The only thing that makes sense is Tyrion promised Cersei's heir a place, and he couldn't have done that without disclosing that Dany couldn't have kids...which would explain why he looked all fucked up when he saw her and Jon knocking boots.

What will Arya do next? She still has a kill list (with Cersei at the top of it).

And it would seem that the only thing stopping Westeros from having a unified army to confront the dead is Cersei? Whose claim to the throne is tenuous at best?

16. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dany brought her entire fighting force to King's Landing. Every Unsullied and Dothraki and both her dragons. Honestly, at the cost of a little honor she could've won the war right then and there, just have Drogon BBQ Cersei's dais. Shame about Jamie but, you know?

And I know this show doesn't concern itself with the average goings on but yo, TWO DRAGONS just flew over and around a city of 1 million. You don't think that ruffled some noble and commoner feathers? Or maybe some loyalists finally getting to hang their dragon tapestries?

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They will have to make one of those spears from a crossbow out of dragon glass. That will be interesting.

18. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nah, it's gonna be Dany vs Night's King in a bonafide Dance of Dragons just like her forebears. OR, Jon can officially take her place.

19. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

That's an understatement. I haven't watched the show since season one and I still can't imagine this happening.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know why tyrion didn't just stab cersai in the neck and skamper off to a hidden passage. With the Lannisters having murdered every major family it's not like anyone in the capital will rally to replace her and keep fighting her cause right? I also thought the wine in the room was a trap for him.