Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Game of Thrones Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kampf Trinker, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

How awesome and hilarious would it be if Jon actually scrambled and drew that shit on the walls in a desperate hoax?

"As you see your grace, the prophecy indicates a dragon-rider will save us. And she will have to be naked while doing so."

#41 Crown Royal, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Or at least drew the white walkers because they were in much more detail than the other drawings.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah that's what jarred me the most about the whole scene. Mostly a bunch of primative shapes and random patterns then a picture of a super detailed White Walker with blue eyes and all. I chalk it up to sloppy writing.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or maybe during a time when little was going on in their history, that was the thing that truly stood out to them. They were super detailed though and happened to make his case perfectly.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I took the White Walker drawings as being something that was added at a much later date. Basically they filled the front of the cave with their early drawings that were shitty symbols, and then as time went on they got better, the WW appeared, and the only available canvas was further back.

I'm pretty sure the Lascaux caves had the same pattern with their drawings... simple figures up front, better stuff at the back.

6. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can someone remind me: Jon and Dany are:

Cousins? Sisters? Aunt/Nephew? I'm confused as to why exactly there's a romantic subplot here, unless to bring the incest thing full circle.

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think they are cousins but not too closely related though. I know it's gross but it wouldn't be too uncommon for that shit to occur, especially back in the day(if you want to assume GoT were real). It's how royal families kept shit close together and didn't risk being usurped.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

According to the show it's Aunt/Nephew though I don't remember if they specifically said the baby Ed saw his sister have, in Brans vision, was Jon snow. Just heavily implied.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

She is his Aunt. Her brother "The Last Dragon" Raegar, is Jon's father, who banged Leanna Stark who was Ned's sister and Robert Barathron's tragic lost love. Robert killed Raegar during the rebellion in a mano-a-Mano in a river if I remember correctly.

And incest is pretty much regular. The Targaereans are supposed to marry their siblings in tradition, so Jon may as well make some Hills Have Eyes kids while he's still ignorant. Dany is hot but no easy piece of ass. The only ones who hit that were the King Of All Badasses and El Handsomo Hearthrobo.

So there Tyrian and Jon were hanging out and finding things in common, not at all knowing that both of their mothers also died giving birth to them. That's funny.

#49 Crown Royal, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So did Dany's mom.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well that would be a depressing ending. I certainly hope it doesnt end with her giving birth to Corky from Life Goes On. And in general, the incest thing is a bit played out. I would rather them not get married or something and split Westeros in half. Jon gets the North, Westerlands, The Vale and the Iron Islands. Dany gets Dorne, the Reach and the Stormlands. They split the Riverlands in two.

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dany can't have kids. The witch cursed her after Drogo's baby.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My eyeballs nearly detached from rolling when they threw in the Rheager annulment line. What terrible trash writing. I also didn't like how they handled Gendry's return by beating you over the head with a Baratheon war hammer of subtlety as to his lineage. Flagrant fan pandering you'd expect in your average summer reboot. There was a few bad cases of this this episode. Davos' line about Gendry still rowing (hey we drop internet meme references into the show cause we're hip-D&D) or the shift in camera focus to Jon during Jorah's latest friendzone moment with Dany.

Otherwise a decent plot progressing episode. Only two left for this season.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

SAMM SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DON'T INTERRUPT.

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can you refresh me on why that is so significant? On the annulment thing. I've watched the show since the beginning but I don't remember all the little details.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Its significant because it means Rhaegar Targaryen legally divorced (Westeros version) from his wife and secretly married Lyanna Stark. Which means that Jon Snow isnt his bastard son, but his legitimate son, making him the rightful heir to the Iron Throne instead of Dany.

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So we can assume that's why Sam hit bricks so quickly? Because he wanted to tell Jon what's up and that he seemed pretty over it with the Maesters?

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I honestly dont know, I think he was just done with the Maesters, they didnt give any indication that he was paying attention to what Gilly even said. I think that would have yielded a bigger reaction from Jon's best friend if he was (then again he wouldnt know anyway). Also I think Gilly might actually be mentally retarded.

Anyone else subscribing to the theory that Bran will become (or already is) the Night King?

19. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

No. He wasn't listening and didn't pick up on what she said and he just wanted to leave to go help. I'm sure after Bran tells Jon or Sam that Jon is Rhaegar's son that someone will say "Well he was married to someone else so Jon is still a bastard." and thus can't be king. Then Sam or Gilly will remember what she read in the book, which I'm sure she conveniently brought with her, and then they'll realize he's really the king. But the only proof is the vision of a crazy cripple so no one will believe them until Meera and her dad show back up with the real proof. Her dad was the other survivor with Ned at the Tower of Joy.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't get Dany.

Why doesn't she just take her dragons to only torch the red keep? No need to burn all of king's landing. Boom. War over.
    Barring that, why doesn't she just use the unsullied to take king's landing. Not really the pillaging sort and the Lannisters are apparently out of, or near out of soldiers based on that last episode.
    Now that she has Casterly Rock, where Edmure is allegedly being held, why doesn't she free him and have him bend the knee so she can take all riverlands? Especially now that the Freys are dead.
    Why doesn't she send someone to Dorne to see if they'll join her? Presumably no one is in charge there right now and with their current leader having been taken by the queen she could easily do this.
    Or just set a siege of King's Landing. Why not? She easily has the troops with plenty to spare to go north.

But... then those dragons are so fucking awesome you just forget about the plot holes and nonsensical character decisions and all is forgiven.

I really doubt it. There's already a Night King and we've seen him several times. Bran will have some role to play, but it won't be that. Man, does his character suck since he came home though.

The theory I thought was absurd before that I'm starting to take seriously though is that Tyrion is a Targaryen. Sure, it sounds crazy, but there's a couple things. First, apparently Aerys, the mad king, really had the hots for Joanna (Tywin's wife), to the point where he was always trying to feel her up, fuck her, commenting on her looks, etc. It would also explain why Tywin hated him so much. He's not even sure Tyrion was really his son. The dragons also received Tyrion well. So... under that theory you have your 3 eventual dragon riders - Tyrion, Jon, and Dany; and the dragon has its required 3 heads.

Still, it's kind of out there and never had the evidence the now confirmed R+L=J theory did.